Facebook on PBS Frontline

Zen Traveler

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Well...That's not what the Facebook documentary showed and why they are changing substantially on several fronts.

I am in agreement with @Jeff Matthews that watching the documentary from a non-partisan viewpoint instead of from the left would provide you with a different perspective.

Neither party/ideology will acknowledge that they employ the same tactics that they accuse the other side of using.

And the money keeps rolling in to all of their coffers.

Just my opinion. :)

2 hours ago, TubeHiFiNut said:

I am in agreement with @Jeff Matthews that watching the documentary from a non-partisan viewpoint instead of from the left would provide you with a different perspective.

Agree all you want and I watched that documentary from a non-partisan pov and provided facts to back up my case. There was no suggestion of Democratic equivalent to Cambridge Analytica and Brad Parscale explained how he gamed the system "liberals" created. 

Neither party/ideology will acknowledge that they employ the same tactics that they accuse the other side of using.

You are talking in generalities and not expressing what the documentary conveyed. If we both can agree that was non-partisan then it's up to you to show where they conveyed what you are expressing above--they didn't.

Just sayin' and thank you for engaging. 

28 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Agree all you want and I watched that documentary from a non-partisan pov and provided facts to back up my case. There was no suggestion of Democratic equivalent to Cambridge Analytica and Brad Parscale explained how he gamed the system "liberals" created. 

You are talking in generalities and not expressing what the documentary conveyed. If we both can agree that was non-partisan then it's up to you to show where they conveyed what you are expressing above--they didn't.

Just sayin' and thank you for engaging. 

Zen - You seem to want to take this in a partsan direction. Parscale did assert that he gamed the system that the liberals created.

Did they create the system and not use it? I think not.

As long as vast numbers of well intentioned folks insist on choosing up sides that are predetermined by two "big government" parties that want to keep all the money, power and prestige among the political elite, what Frontline uncovered will continue to perpetuate election after election. The politics of destruction will not abate. As long as we all keep buying what both major parties are selling, nothing will change.

Partisan witch hunts serve no one and will only deepen the divide.

I hope that Frontline and other non-partisan investigators keep digging. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Thank you for the conversation.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, TubeHiFiNut said:

Zen - You seem to want to take this in a partsan direction. Parscale did assert that he gamed the system that the liberals created.

Did they create the system and not use it? I think not.

Hmm...I think the Frontline piece speaks for itself and agree with Parscale. Facebook is making changes because of how their platform got manipulated in the 2016 election (as well as other global events attributed to them) and is a step in the right direction.

As long as vast numbers of well intentioned folks insist on choosing up sides that are predetermined by two "big government" parties that want to keep all the money, power and prestige among the political elite, what Frontline uncovered will continue to perpetuate election after election. The politics of destruction will not abate. As long as we all keep buying what both major parties are selling, nothing will change.

You present an argument that I've had to rebut before, although I agree some folks do get caught up in the "game" aspect of politics. I don't.  I support positions that lead to policies that I think are good for the country. In fact, I was an Independent voter right up until the 2012 election and have always debated policy issues and not candidate's party affiliation until Healthcare actually got addressed--That changed when I realized one party actually was on the other side of issues I cared about, including Foreign Policy. 

Partisan witch hunts serve no one and will only deepen the divide.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here and hope it's not our Government's investigation into how Russia was involved in our election--Given who Robert Mueller is this shouldn't be a partisan matter, imo.

I hope that Frontline and other non-partisan investigators keep digging. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Thank you for the conversation.

Me too and sorry I didn't get back sooner. :) 

35 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

So do all the crazy people.

Let's hope there is more of me than there are of them. ;) At least I voted my convictions and hope others do as well so they have no one else to blame--I contend @Mallette's RIP theory shows there may be a bifurcation in the country but how the "RIP" governs it's not the same, depending on who got elected.