College Basketball 2018-2019

Ceptorman

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Painter pretty much gave it away but as I said up there ^^^^^ one guy can't win ball games by scoring 40+.   That's on Matt not the team.

Edwards has never played as well as he has in the last 3 games, maybe Painter didn't know how to coach that style. I think Painter did a great job getting them there though, they have less talent than most teams in the Sweet 16. A missed free throw at the end of regulation would have won it, a couple of giveaways in OT didn't help. Virginia hung tough and took it away.

• Like 1

Agree with you on every point and that was Painter's problem.  He's been hot so he green lighted him which, is fine but when that happens the rest of the gang has to step up  on the offensive boards and defense.  The last shot to tie the game?  No defense on him at all until after the pass was almost in his hands.  Too late then.  He hit it.  

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I was surprised Texas Tech beat Gonzaga.  Go, Red Raiders!

TT is carrying the water for the Big 12.  They played really good defense.

Since my WVU Mountaineers didn't even make the Big Dance this year I root for Big 12, then all the redneck state teams near West Virginia.  Virginia Tech, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:48 AM, DizRotus said:

MSU’s draw makes no sense, but no matter.  If they meet Duke in the elite eight, they’ll have an opportunity to prove they should have been a 1 seed.

. . . . they did, and they did.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Auburn/Kentucky was a good one.  Now for Duke to smoke that other team😮

UNC and Duke are like vinegar and water. You gotta pick one. Just like you can't have UofM and OSU....limey😉

• Haha 2