The Klipsch Audio Community
veloceleste

Quicksilver Integrated Amplifier: A Quick Review

I've owned this  amp for about six weeks now and have listened to it extensively with almost all genres of music. In a word I think the QSI is fantastic. The highest compliment I can pay it is that it doesn't sound like a tube or solid state amp. The sound is natural, smooth and realistic. Bass is powerful, deep and extended with good control. Treble is crystal clear, detailed and shimmers. Vocals are focused yet full with no sense of grain. Percussion has snap and is fast and detailed. Midrange detail abounds. 

If if this review seems too glowing (pun slightly intended) it is because there is nothing sonically I don't like about this amp. I took a chance purchasing this amp because there is so little information available regarding its sound. I was well aware of Quicksilver Audio's reputation for quality and reliability and was looking to simplify my system with an integrated amp. I have yet to find my speakers but the Quicksikver Integrated stays.

From the QS website :

Specifications

Download Instruction Manual

Power Output 20 watts into any load from 2 to 8 ohms
1 Watt Bandwidth 1.5 Hz to 60 KHz
Power Bandwidth 15 Hz to 30 KHz
Peak Power 40 watts per channel
Damping Factor 10 with 8 ohm load
Input Impedance 50 Kohms
Tube Complement Eight 6BQ5 , Two 12DW7
Chassis Carbide Black
Dimensions 6″H, 11″D, 15″W
Weight

• Like 3

I've been using Quicksilver Audio separates for ten years (bought used) and would agree with the reputation for reliability.

IMG_1390.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! I was just looking at that model last night as I've been thinking about going to a nice integrated like this. 

• Like 1

What topology is it?

I had a pair of Quicksilver Mid-monos for a while and they sounded great driving Cornscalas. I actually sold the pair to a member here (eth2).

Shakey

• Like 1

I am running quick silver mini monos right now on my top end, I am pretty happy with them 

Very nice review.

Included in my various electronics are Quicksilver SET300B and original 8417 Monoblocks (updated by Mike Sanders to run EL34 tubes), Phono Preamp, Line Stage Preamp and MC SUT (which is excellent with my preferred Denon DL103 LOMC).

A longtime friend has been running the Quicksilver Integrated for some time. His comments very much agree with the OP.