The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

Welp, starting last Thursday through today we have had 21+ inches of rain, 9 of which was yesterday...not finished yet.

Thanks for the semi-porous

ground here, head still above water...so far... one can hope.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Welp, starting last Thursday through today we have had 21+ inches of rain, 9 of which was yesterday...not finished yet.

Thanks for the semi-porous

ground here, head still above water...so far... one can hope.

Watch out for the forming sinkholes Lived near that big old one in Maitland off of Howell Branch Rd. for a couple of years. Heard about them every now and then for the time I was down there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Watch out for the forming sinkholes Lived near that big old one in Maitland off of Howell Branch Rd. for a couple of years. Heard about them every now and then for the time I was down there.

Yes, they tend to be more in the central FL area and south of there although we are not immune farther north here. Bro pointed out a place a couple of miles away from us, where pavement had fallen through due to sink. Puts driving in FL with another potential threat. Certainly that event just north of Tampa Abit back gives one pause... thanks.

• Like 1

I remember that one @billybob, hand of or wrath of God comes to mind!

Madeira, Portugual 1-21-16

201-Madeira-Portugual-1-21-16.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Flipping gorgeous yesterday and today....Currently 78mostly sunny and humidity is not in play...

• Like 1

was in the 80s today ... currently 77.  Been this way most of the past month.

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

was in the 80s today ... currently 77.  Been this way most of the past month.

If I could pick a day with perfect weather, it would be what we had today. Sunny, 78, low humidity, slight breeze. And down to 58 tonight....I''ll open the windows to air the place out tonight.

• Like 2

85degrees,90%humidity and light rain. 

Laying in a hammock outside in the bar listening to music until I get tired of the muggy air.

5170B1C0-83CF-4752-89C2-94AC97E3C6F1.jpeg

• Like 3

That party flamingo is still out, sounds like a nice idea @dtel :smile:

• Like 1

Yes, uh the rain and wind picked up right after I posted that, yes that bird is not much of a party bird, it never moves. :huh:

Edit; The only reason I can stay out here is because the roof hangs further than where the hammocks hang, unless the wind blows hard from the wrong direction. 

940A1645-B730-45B8-9F28-E92281BCCDDC.jpeg

9E15484A-3C7C-4E7C-8CA4-70137596CBC7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Really like the soft lighting in your tiki bar/cabana thing saw some previous photos where it seemed to be glowing from under the roof!

Thank you, it's all on dimmer switches which helps, without dimming it does glow. Had to come in, I started to fall asleep out there, or I did for a while. :lol:

• Like 1

There isn't a high pressure system east of the Mississippi except at the Great Lakes and then near the Rockies. 

The reason I pay attention to this intently is I went to bed hearing thunderstorms one night in September long ago. Woke up at about 2am to a strange sound, it was the huge dumpster in the apartment parking lot inching down the hill, it traveled to the curb 40' down. I couldn't fall down into the wind if I relaxed I'd get moved (there wasn't debris flying around so I got lucky).

We don't have a weather service in this million + metro area for decades. (F_ GOV) the one up in Raleigh then further away south in GSP SC are too far away to cover us well. Tornado warnings within five minutes after it has gone near or over us twice since `03.

927mb is strong,

so are gusts of 190mph. It's possible it could march right through us again, Dorian's not huge like Hugo was but it's strong. When weather forecasters were real my fascination with it led me to look at stuff that I have to search intently for now.

This storm is going wherever it wants to, watch out folks gotta look out for yourselves.

satsfc00.gif 

• Like 1

Rainy and cool here in NW Indiana.  Really keeping a lookout on Dorian as some close family has a place near Palm Beach that looks to take a major hit.

It's amazing that a storm with that much energy can move at a measly 8 mph, but have wind speeds close to 200 mph. Praying for the Bahamas.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's amazing that a storm with that much energy can move at a measly 8 mph, but have wind speeds close to 200 mph. Praying for the Bahamas.

The dynamics of rotational forces, amongst other things.

Will it fall?  A dream or awake? 

NearVigilantCanadagoose-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

Heck cat 5 starts at 157 mph I've never been that fast except in a plane. 185mph? if there was a 6 this would be one. The Bahamas getting scoured by it will be lucky to be above sea level after it passes. Tell me how 20+ inches of rain is a threat after twenty feet of salt water is already over you?