WHAT SPEAKERS DO YOU LOVE?

dtximages

Well.

I have the Klipsch RF-7, RC-7, and RS-7. I will be using the Denon AVR-4802 to power them.

My favorite Klipsch speaker? Not sure because I haven't heard much.

Which state am I from? Well, how about United Arab Emirates? 3.gif

I am from Pakistan, but I live in Dubai, UAE. 1.gif

Well... I own a pair of modified La Scala's, Chorus I's, '76 Heresy's, Epic CF-2's, RS-3's and a KLF-C7 center channel. I have heard Cornwall's and Klipschorn's, but I have to tell you, I love my La Scala's the most. I drive them with a vintage Scott 299 integrated amp and they sound marvelous! I am from Florida, btw...

Mike

----------------

On 10/30/2002 11:45:53 AM Jim Cornell wrote:

Hey Mike

I think i saw you say you like La Scalas more than cornwalls and Klipschorns OK bud, what have you done to the bass to modify them!

Place a set of Alltecs, and ALKs in Klipschorns WOW, i think youd like them!

Regards Jim
9.gif

----------------

Jim,

WIthout question I prefer the Khorns bottom end. But I am a midrange kind of guy and I really love the sound of the La Scala's w/Altec 511B's and ALK's. Of course, the bottom end is no slouch either. 1.gif

Mike

I wish you could come over and take a listen to these k-horn altec mods!

Im one of the very very lucky ones on my mod, i can easily put the Klipshorns back to original in about 20 min, per side!

I would like to get the wife a set of K-horns, but ill tell ya, after the snow storm last night, now im thinking of a FWD! LOL!

Isnt it just totally amazing what the 511s did, wow, i see Q-man selling his K-400s on ebay, are those the ones out of your La Scalas?

I see he is set in his ways now, and is never going back, id like to get together with you, Q-man, and ALK, and Bring Johnellis along!

Today ive been playing with the wifes Chorus, i have them on another amp, the Pyramid PA 1000, and the conrad johnson with my Klipschorns just totally eats it up like pudding LOL!

I should talk to Q-man, he looks like a really cool guy, and ask him what hes ganna do with the 8 cell horns WOW!

These 4 chorus sound like 4 fisher speakers, thats how far ahead of them i am!

But anyway, if i were you id keep all the original parts, to the Scalas, for resale!

If i buy a 1953 corvette, and put a nitrios engine in it, side pipes, hood scoop, does that mean i have to take off the corvette emblems on the car, cause its no longer a vette?

I was just wondering?

Regards Jim9.gif

Well my fav speaker isn't a klipsch 15.gif , instead it is the Avant Garde Trio Classic. They make the klipsch speakers look like they have low efficiency with their 107 db rating. They have the smoothness of high end domes and what not, but the dynamics of horns, from what I've read. Plus they look cool! as for amps, currently I'm using a Mcintosh MC-2105, for the preamp, a B&K PT-3, and for a source, the Sony NSX-9000 or something, (1 grand SACD/dvd player, I forget the exact model number). I have SF-2 front, SF-1 rear, SC-1 center, and RSW-15 subwoofer.

As for what I have and what state, I am in - check my sig block. In addition, I also have a set of ProMedia V2.400 on one of my PCs.

As for my favorites - the ones that I actually heard - the RF-7s. For looks, I'll say the LaScalas. There is just that "I am one serious speaker, don't mess with me", look to them, especially the "industrial" ones.

Maybe this spring, I think I am actually going to try to seek out a pair of Khorns or LaScalas, what ever I can find and can afford within a reasonable drive from my place (I am not even going to try to get a pair shipped - rather just hop in the trusty old Mazada pickup and get the damn things myself).