WHAT SPEAKERS DO YOU LOVE?

dtximages

Back in the golden-olden days, I heard heresy's, cornwall's, belle's and k-horn's all demo'd in the same room. They all sounded good; very similar, really. A cornwall was a heresy with more bass. A belle was a corny with cleaner bass. And a klipschorn was belle with better mids and more/better bass. So that is why my favorite speaker is the klipschorn.

I'm in Mizzou, USA

1987 k-horn mains with rotal rb-1090 amp . 1987 lascala rears with rotal rb-993 amp. CF-7 center and sw15 & sw300 subs. Favorite speaker is the belle but i don't own any.I'm not from any state but i do live in a province, Alberta . Now thats in canada, for all you sun lovers that don't know the north.2.gif

I'm learning to love my ForteIIs.

but, my first love is my Quartets.

It's just something about them, I can't describe.4.gif9.gif6.gif

Then, it's a toss up between my Polk Monitor 10s and my Mission bookshelf speakers.1.gif

I love those boxes!

The list gets pretty long after that. 3.gif

Heck, I love all my speakers.2.gif

'cept maybe for those old infinitys in my closet. (blah)

...and the Jensen powerstations in my shed. (double blah)

Those pretty much suck.9.gif

Hi Im new hear

I own rf3II, love the clarity in the mids, I have them hooked up to an old Kenwood KA 880 amp, & vintage sony cd player, 84 model. Biwired with combination Target & Home Depot speaker wire. Compared to my HT system which consists of Pioneer Elite vsx47, Pioneer Elite dv-05, Def Tech bp2004tl, Monster interconnects & speaker wire, it really holds its own. Can't wait to hook up the Musical Fidelity a300 I have coming next week it should be incredible with a class act amp.

just had to share this with u all.

Thankx

P.S. My first experience with Klipsch were the Khorns back in 1980, I was at a girlfreinds house, dad had them hooked up to ss receiver, cant remember the brand, but that experience has stayed with me in my mind fresh like it was yesterday. AMAZING!!!

Well, for what I currently use, see my sig.

As far as my favorite Klipsch, like Gil mentioned above, for smaller rooms, it would be a tough choice between Chorus II and Forte II. I guess it would depend on how small that room was. The Forte IIs have a bit more low end, but you can't beat the mids from the Chorus II.

If room/cost were no object, I would get a pair of OO K-horns. After hearing them again, three different places over the past year, I really want a pair for a 2-ch system. I will just have to get a different house, which may happen soon enough.

I live in New Milford, CT.

Well I run a New Pioneer elite vsx47TX,pioneer elite dvd,hooked up to my shiny black lascalas for mains,My rear surrounds are my own idea, Rare older sansui Lm220 2 way cabinets,with the tweeter replaced with a Sound dynamics concert monitor Tweeter and Sound dynamics s10 cross over,kept the 10" linear motion driver for nice deep base and I get a nice clean 101db out the side walls for surround,,My rear center channels I am running to infinity sm65,No sub yet still trying lots out probably go back to running my dual psb image 6's that i had.Have not found any thing that sounds as good yet for the money.

I have some '81 heresy's running from my Yamaha HTR-5540 reciever.

I really like the heresy but I must say if I had the money and the space I would go for a pair of LaScala's at the drop of a hat.

Still the Heresies rock like crazy for a speaker their size.

btw, I'm in Orlando FL.

Peace, Josh