The Klipsch Audio Community

FYI The 301 II uses a different mid driver than the original 301 which is the same mid driver as in the Chorus II 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, glens said:

Perhaps if the speakers have been subjected to prolonged periods of use right up at their power limits through the years it might make sense to refresh drivers.

I've not heard any Chorus to my knowledge but by all accounts I've seen (here) they are a great product.  I'd think you really want something different because once you start doing everything you're talking about, that's what you'll have.  And then you'll be out a pair of Chorus as well.

I can't tell if you're merely seeking community approval or whether you're trying to get somebody else to try it for you first.

I don't know how my speakers have been used before, but as you say, chancees of worn bass speakers are there.  Im not seeking community approval, but am looking for people who have experience with changes to their speakers.  Therefore, it is nice if someone wants or has made changes.

It would seem you've come to the right place, then.  While I'm sure the majority here are not tinkerers, there certainly are a few who are.

Except for perhaps good appearance (which I'm guessing your cabinets have?), it doesn't take much to build a couple boxes.  Then you'd have two pair of horn-top 15"-woofer speakers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raeggis said:

Im not seeking community approval, but am looking for people who have experience with changes to their speakers.  Therefore, it is nice if someone wants or has made changes.

Here's a link to one of my old threads:

• Like 1