Is there a Klipschorn rescue?

JerryC

18 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

"There are no flippers here" Seriously Dave? There's people who would pull their grandma's teeth to get the gold out of them. 

While she was awake.  LOL  -Mark

C'mon man, I was trying to be polite.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been away for a while dealing with personal stuff and look what shows up. Late for the party again. If anything happens and the first guy can't take these for some reason, I'd love to pick them up and restore them. I'm close enough. Dang, wish I would've seen these.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, babadono said:

I see one in ur avatar:) brah

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!

Everyone loves the king of the sea,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when children appear,
And how they laugh when he's near!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 1:14 PM, JerryC said:

I am in northwest Montana. I would accept any offer as long as the new home pays for shipping. I will attach some pictures but I might not do that until tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Are they still available?  Heard Klipsch for the first time 3 days ago.  Time for my 901's to retire.  My Sansui 9500, purchased in1973, will drive them beautifully..  Headed to northern Idaho here shortly, could maybe come take a look

8 hours ago, Ripidaho said:

Are they still available?  Heard Klipsch for the first time 3 days ago.  Time for my 901's to retire.  My Sansui 9500, purchased in1973, will drive them beautifully..  Headed to northern Idaho here shortly, could maybe come take a look

Read the post right above yours. 

• 1 month later...

@Ripidaho, I'm so sorry for this late reply. But no, the gentleman who replied first picked them up and gave me a tip. I replaced (if that's even possible) with Klipsch 8-inch towers from Best Buy. When I close my eyes, I actually get a pretty wide sound stage from the towers. But you have to close your eyes.

• Like 1

Jerry, I don't know if you saw those Forte 2s for sale up in Columbia Falls. I'll attest to how good they sound and I've owned every Heritage model... still own Heresys, Belles, Cornwalls. You probably wouldn't have to close your eyes anymore... LOL. The Forte 2s are lots of performance in a small footprint. They are on Kalispell Craigslist under electronics. You can't miss 'em.

Oh, and I totally get parting with the K-horns. They can sort of own you. It was the second move that made me make the tough decision on my 1996 K-horns. I had them for 12 years. But being a fan of the larger Klipsch, JBL and Altecs.... I am suprisingly happy enough with the Forte 2s. But I wouldn't go any smaller in the Klipsch line being that you were used to K-horns. You just won't be happy. I tried the small speaker thing with and without subs for years thinking that since I'm getting older the sound doesn't matter as much. Just didn't do it for me. I like the dynamics of large horn speakers with high efficiency. I run SET amplifiers primarily with less than 7watts/ch. Forte 2s are a good compromise between tower (space) and Heritage (efficiency/sound). The bare minimum IMO. I haven't heard the bigger Tangent series (Super Heresy?) yet but they seem to be in a similar league from what others say. Speakerlab 7 is also a very good contender in the same size. I own a pair of those as well. Speakerlabs are a close relative to Klipsch for sure. At least a couple of them anyway.

• Like 1