Just joined and I know nothing about speakers

jake1960

Hello all,

I know nothing about music, sound equip, audio stuff or these Frazier speakers I just got.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Near as I can tell by looking at old posts, these may be Frazier Del Mar and appear to me as mid century modern style perhaps 1960's?

I would like to hear them to be sure they work before I sell them,  my wife wants to paint them green and purple and use them for plant stands in the dining room.....

can I wire these to any record player or stereo or does it need to be a high quality system (which I dont own)

Looks like Walnut veneer over plywood.   There are only 2 screws (speaker wires?) on each of the back panels.  Sequential serial numbers too

I sell junk on ebay and CL but really hate shipping large fragile items.

I'll try to post some pics.

Thanks,

Jake, Dalton, PA

del1.jpg

del3.jpg

del4.jpg

del5.jpg

del7.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jake1960 said:

...can I wire these to any record player or stereo or does it need to be a high quality system (which I dont own)

Looks like Walnut veneer over plywood.   There are only 2 screws (speaker wires?) on each of the back panels.  

You certainly don't need a "high quality system" to test them.  Just connect speaker outputs of an amp to the screw terminals, being careful for shorting between the screws.  Maybe you have what I call an old "dorm room" receiver.  

By no means should you paint them because it will ruin any resale value. 

• Like 1

Trivia: there is a Frazier in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, in Sharon Tate's place, I think.  It takes place in 1969.  But the Frazier is a different model speaker than yours (a different shape and size).

BA8B6C36-4A6A-4507-85AE-995DFC3AAA81.jpeg

(From Allan Songer's post Finally Analog here in the high desert --in 2 channel Home Audio on this forum.  See that thread for a list of more equipment seen in the movie).

• Like 1