Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

That's not it, Fauci didn't testify in the House, it's in the Senate hearing about the vaccine 

Senate hearing on C-SPAN  from this week with Fauci and 3 others.

• Moderators

This is the testimony for the Senate,  the testimony about 1 of the drugs in testing phase (Moderna) is at 27:44.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?471837-1/white-house-coronavirus-task-force-members-testify-coronavirus-response-reopening-phases

That vaccine is backed by 100s of millions of grants if successful. The Grant's are for development, and then if approved by FDA, expanded manufacturing and supply capability. 

Important to keep in mind there are many, many pieces of this puzzle. Fast tracking, approvals, manufacturing and supply.

• Like 1

Just now, dwilawyer said:

This is the testimony for the Senate,  the testimony about 1 of the drugs in testing phase (Moderna) is at 27:44.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?471837-1/white-house-coronavirus-task-force-members-testify-coronavirus-response-reopening-phases

That vaccine is backed by 100s of millions of grants if successful. The Grant's are for development, and then if approved by FDA, expanded manufacturing and supply capability. 

Important to keep in mind there are many, many pieces of this puzzle. Fast tracking, approvals, manufacturing and supply.

Yes, that is the one I do believe. Think it is using RNA instead of antibodie type of vaccine. What I heard was combo of phase 2 trial.

Guess I may watch it again.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Seems the conspiracy around death counts is really due to the as Brix put it liberal counting method.  More like stupidity to driver up the numbers from the sounds of it. 

Move along, nothing to see here just normal posturing.

Testimony at Senate hearing is US death count is probably low, how low is impossible to say. 

30 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

That's not it, Fauci didn't testify in the House, it's in the Senate hearing about the vaccine 

Just listened to Fauci say In. his 5 minutes opening statement that hoping to get the vaccine in early fall/ winter. Phase 2 and 3 in late spring/ summer. Think I can stick by my earlier take on this.

As for House, if I said that, it was a mistake. Thanks

We had haircuts today for the first time since early March.  A stylist that my wife has used for 35 years came to the house.  We sat on our own stool in the kitchen and everyone wore masks. For everyone's piece of mind, I did a forehead temperature screening with an infrared thermometer before we started.  Hopefully, we didn't let the wolf in.  I was fine going longer without a haircut, my wife was not.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seadog said:

We had haircuts today for the first time since early March.  A stylist that my wife has used for 35 years came to the house.  We sat on our own stool in the kitchen and everyone wore masks. For everyone's piece of mind, I did a forehead temperature screening with a laser thermometer before we started.  Hopefully, we didn't let the wolf in.  I was fine going longer without a haircut, my wife was not.

Thought had seen a pic(pilgrimage) of you and

you were a long hair. Case of mistaken identity. Enjoy the cuts!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Yes, that is the one I do believe. Think it is using RNA instead of antibodie type of vaccine. What I heard was combo of phase 2 trial.

Guess I may watch it again.

Yes I agree, so then you need to factor in approval, manufacturing and supply/distribution which is why I think administration announced "by end of the year" at Friday's press conference.

If it is approved and available by time school starts that would be outstanding. 

Travis

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here is an article, month ago, about the over 400 million in federal Grant's (NIH) Moderna has been preapproved for.

Appears things are right on track, very good news. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/16/business/federal-government-pledges-up-nearly-500m-speed-modernas-coronavirus-vaccine/%3foutputType=amp

Fauci also testified about another drug being developed in Europe that was looking promising and he said this would mean dual supply chains.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Here is an article, month ago, about the over 400 million in federal Grant's (NIH) Moderna has been preapproved for.

Appears things are right on track, very good news. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/16/business/federal-government-pledges-up-nearly-500m-speed-modernas-coronavirus-vaccine/%3foutputType=amp

Fauci also testified about another drug being developed in Europe that was looking promising and he said this would mean dual supply chains.

And 8 other vaccine candidates in clinical trial

Starting to wonder if any contributing here watched the video. When I responded yesterday

about the fall and winter for a fastracked vaccine, thought we would have a good response to good news, as I related it. Guess my enthusiasm(underwhelming) as per usual, struck once again. Anyway, watched the hearing which is near 3 1/2 hours long on my phone.

If 90 percent turns out true, should

give hope to those waiting for treatments, and a vaccine. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Just listened to Fauci say In. his 5 minutes opening statement that hoping to get the vaccine in early fall/ winter.

he's very optimistic -

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, billybob said:

Starting to wonder if any contributing here watched the video. When I responded yesterday

about the fall and winter for a fastracked vaccine, thought we would have a good response to good news, as I related it. Guess my enthusiasm(underwhelming) as per usual, struck once again. Anyway, watched the hearing which is near 3 1/2 hours long on my phone.

If 90 percent turns out true, should

give hope to those waiting for treatments, and a vaccine. Cheers!

It's cold hard facts, no spin, so maybe doesn't strike a chord, but I'm very happy on the news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Just remember

"Quarantine' is when you restrict the movement of sick people.
'Tyranny' is when you restrict the movement of healthy people."

Stupid and selfish is not taking small and convenient measures to help your community manage a lethal disease. Is wearing a mask too tough for you or are you just ascared of looking like a wuss?

• dtel locked this topic