Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Had one person where I work test positive early this week. This caused a "where have you been for this person for the last 2 weeks".

This caused a test for over 30 folks.

I think somewhere in the middle of the extreme and the other end of extreme folks should be concerned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

Had one person where I work test positive early this week. This caused a "where have you been for this person for the last 2 weeks".

I think somewhere in the middle of the extreme and the other end of extreme folks should be concerned.

hope you’re alright. 

I'm loving this pandemic!  Fallen in with a younger crowd.  Late at  night we meet in an alley near my house.  We hug each other, wrap our arms around each others shoulders. Sometimes, somebody gives out a noogy.  We're thinking of trying something called "French Kissing". Sadly none of us speaks French.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

"...  nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

I have a friend in the restaurant business, and it looks like she's done over all this.  She just couldn't weather the destruction to her business wrought by the government.  It's not a taking of property, I guess, but the effect is just as bad, if not worse.

This is what has perplexed me since this pandemic began.

i heard similar stories about a small town in Michigan. 

When we return to some semblance of the normal that we knew, the customers will still be there. Guessing that she still has the equipment (unless she has to sell to make due), so is this a case where she’ll lose the building?  I’m the furthest thing from a businessman, it is my hope that the smaller businesses will reopen. I don’t think the public will suddenly have a passion for the national chains and forget about the Mom & Pop joints that they used to frequent.  I guess the question is can they hold onto their equipment long enough to outlast this virus scare? I would think that a vacated building would remain empty unless there is some sort of start-up that thrives in quarantine scenarios. 

i hope your friend is able to get the business going again in the near future. 

1 minute ago, thebes said:

I'm loving this pandemic!  Fallen in with a younger crowd.  Late at  night we meet in an alley near my house.  We hug each other, wrap our arms around each others shoulders. Sometimes, somebody gives out a noogy.  We're thinking of trying something called "French Kissing". Sadly none of us speaks French.

Maybe the virus is just misunderstood. If we could just sit down and talk to it, i’m sure we could come to some sort of understanding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

get tested ---can't hurt

2 hours ago, MyOwn said:

I'm wearing a mask at work now, it's a black mask.

Thought "Jokingly" to draw labia on the front of the mask 🍻 😉

stay safe -----

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thebes said:

Dang is that some kinda Frenchie word?

always loved that line in Woody Allen’s “Take the Money and Run” where the old man says “One day he told me he was a gynecologist. But he couldn't speak no foreign languages. Who's he kiddin'?

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, thebes said:

The Twins are back in town I see. I thought they moved to Greece after visiting Max's Taverna?

China now admits to destroying covid19 cultures at the start of the pandemic. The excuse they provided however is even more damning. They claim these covid19 cultures were destroyed because they existed in facilities not deemed “safe” enough to handle the virus.  This was done on January 3rd...... another clear indication that China was aware of the lethal disease very early. 

Trump made these accusations long ago and China refuted them. China now admits to these actions and that they lied about ‘not’ doing them earlier. Curiouser and curiouser.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-acknowledges-destroying-early-coronavirus-samples-confirming-us-accusation-1504484

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

China now admits to destroying covid19 cultures at the start of the pandemic. The excuse they provided however is even more damning. They claim these covid19 cultures were destroyed because they existed in facilities not deemed “safe” enough to handle the virus.  This was done on January 3rd...... another clear indication that China was aware of the lethal disease very early. 

Trump made these accusations long ago and China refuted them. China now admits to these actions and that they lied about ‘not’ doing them earlier. Curiouser and curiouser.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-acknowledges-destroying-early-coronavirus-samples-confirming-us-accusation-1504484

Conspiracy hat on:

They allowed flights out of Wuhan but not to other parts of China..... why?  equalizer?

Conspiracy hat off.

Also interesting:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/05/china-begins-massive-effort-to-test-11-million-people-for-covid-19-in-10-days/

Seems they are still trying to get a handle on things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Why Change?  Different culture.  Accept the risks. (or conspiracy hat on, they know where the virus did or didn't come from).

the Chinese consume these animals with a belief that it raises their immune system ,  to fight viruses  , they won't stop  no matter what , and the underground market is much bigger than the wet markets-  this  has caused 2 worldwide viruses , SARS and Covid 19 , and all the deaths worldwide -

-

28 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

the Chinese consume these animals with a belief that it raises their immune system ,  to fight viruses  , they won't stop  no matter what , and the underground market is much bigger than the wet markets-  this  has caused 2 worldwide viruses , SARS and Covid 19 , and all the deaths worldwide -

-

So basically China could not do anything about it even if they tried.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic