YouTube Spinning

Full Range

I've got a release of those two and it does have Stormy Monday Albert talks about him and Janice and Jimi *(don't change my words, google) doing it. I think up New York State years ago. I like the funk that Albert brings along with all his music.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

I wish I had been more with it when I was younger. I saw Albert King in Chicago in the late '60s. He was living in Memphis when I lived there in the late '70s. If I had more nerve and knew it I should have looked him up. I've met a few folks, but I should have gone out of my was to find them a reach out. Ha! It was pre internet.

• Like 2

Sortin that email inbox sooo yea this makes it bearable...  Been a couple days.  😂

Totallly random Monday I think.  Tunes just keep poppin in my wittle head.  lol

Back to my safe place...   :)

Laid over in Utah once long ago when this song first broke.  We met these 3 sorority chicks who used this as their theme song for some reason.  Yes, there's more to the story because about 10 of us got totally trashed and they proceeded to teach us all the lyrics.  They had the max tease on and I went to the top of the slow learner class.  Crazy nite.

The next day we were stumblin around in some high dollar back yard just shaking out heads  and laffin trying to remember it all.  We did't even know how we got there.  Then Dad walked outta the mansion on a mission.  Two cabs waiting out front for us.  Don't knkow where the wimmen went but they left their clothes.  Yes, I have flashbacks!    😂

• Like 5

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

They changed it up a little. It's theirs they can if they want. Ten years ago, I'd pay to see them again!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blue-oyster-cult/1979/utica-memorial-auditorium-utica-ny-6bdb62ca.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blue-oyster-cult/1996/captain-trips-rainforest-preserve-utica-ny-3cdf96b.html

First and last time I've seen them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good stuff between you two thread originals!

Mike I'm just glad I got to see them the one time the Outlaws opened. They did "Cities on Flame" and of course "Godzilla" with him stomping completely around the mezzanine. Not as much of their older greats as they did in that 90s setlist up there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

YEA MAN!!!!!!!

I LOVE early 70s ZZTop better than the rest!

Not a bad song on that LP with the feast inside!!

YES YES I agree, but I admit to liking them all!! I always have to start with this one to hear La Grange!! Best version on this album

• Haha 2

Just now, Tim Sr. said:

YES YES I agree, but I admit to liking them all!! I always have to start with this one to hear La Grange!! Best version on this album

Me too!

Seen them as many times as I've seen Heart that's about a half dozen each!

• Like 2