Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

On 4/1/2023 at 10:24 PM, CCG said:

Great looking amp and how are you liking it?

Thanks,

CCG

Thanks, It sound great with nearly any Heritage speaker (I did not care for the sound of Fortes). Authoritative bass and with great sustain and decay. Dead quiet in operation.

3 hours ago, michaelwjones said:

Thanks, It sound great with nearly any Heritage speaker (I did not care for the sound of Fortes). Authoritative bass and with great sustain and decay. Dead quiet in operation.

Hi and thank you for the response. Could you attach the picture of your amp again. Thank you. Joe

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

They look like the business.

It's hard to put into words the improvement over the already great 275's (but I'll try) I know its almost sacrilege to run high wattage on the Klipsch speakers and a lot of people seem to equate watts with loudness but as available power has stepped up in my system with these tube amps (275, dual 275's and now 180's) I have not listened any louder but transparency, resolution, balance separation of and air around instruments have all improved with each step up but these 180 amps make everything sound just so real like the band is in the room the overall clarity is so real its hard to believe. As much as I like the 275's these 180's are just in a whole other league of hi-fi no comparison.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CCG said:

I need to get a tube preamp.. Then all set. 😇

image.thumb.jpeg.7d49181c434f7260bf95f957c3b0f9c5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4de3d966c7e6e72823916d0d2f8e039f.jpeg

Like your setup. Do you really need a preamp? Sometime, depending on power amp 2nd harmonics, adding a tube pre can be too much of a good thing. Your amps appear to be push pull so you may enjoy a touch more 2nd harmonic into the mix though. I have many tube pre's along with SS pre's but run my system on LaScala's without any extra gain from a linestage the majority of the time. Just not needed with our high efficiency Klipsch speakers unless the power amp just does not have enough gain.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Like your setup. Do you really need a preamp? Sometime, depending on power amp 2nd harmonics, adding a tube pre can be too much of a good thing. Your amps appear to be push pull so you may enjoy a touch more 2nd harmonic into the mix though. I have many tube pre's along with SS pre's but run my system on LaScala's without any extra gain from a linestage the majority of the time. Just not needed with our high efficiency Klipsch speakers unless the power amp just does not have enough gain.  

I agree. When the system is passive friendly, the best preamp is no preamp at all. Or at least one that adds no gain. My Hattor Audio “Big” preamp is extremely transparent and lets all the dynamics of the system come through unimpeded. No extra gain required.

18 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up and input and will keep that in mind. My main preamp is not in good shape since its original 1980 sony. So I'm in a hunt for replacement. I can wait since this is not may main setup.

8 hours ago, CCG said:

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up and input and will keep that in mind. My main preamp is not in good shape since its original 1980 sony. So I'm in a hunt for replacement. I can wait since this is not may main setup.

Yes, I would imagine that Sony is a real bottleneck. You'd be wise to replace it with something else.

2 hours ago, OO1 said:

what model was it ?   

Its actually a receiver that I bypass the power and preamp. Sony STR-V55 AM-FM Stereo Receiver. The Fluxion custom build was suppose to be a pair of monos and 1 tube preamp. In this setup, I need to have a tone control for this is my analog recording set up. 

The sony is almost dead. I need to warm it up for a good 25 minutes before I use it. Not really a unit that I wanna rebuilt. But the one thing I can say about this old receiver, I have made thousands of excellent recordings since the 80's.  Surprisingly turned out to be an excellent music library. It has an excellent mm/mc phono circuit. Or atleast it use to.