Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

8 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Just saw a Charmin commercial on TV; seems like a waste of advertising budget 

I agree.  I just saw an Olive Garden commercial advertising their "endless pasta bowl."  What they heck?  are we supposed to get it, take it home, then go back for more?

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I agree.  I just saw an Olive Garden commercial advertising their "endless pasta bowl."  What they heck?  are we supposed to get it, take it home, then go back for more?

Yes.  And we should all demand that, as evil hoarders.  Pasta freezes relatively well.  (bring back the empty bowl for proof)

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yes.  And we should all demand that, as evil hoarders.  Pasta freezes relatively well.  (bring back the empty bowl for proof)

well I've been there for this promotion before and the servers sure didn't come around very often asking if I wanted more. Actually, they have a nice lunch deal.  All you can eat soup & salad for like $8 or $9 bucks. 

Hiding the truth?  Listening to Xi instead of his own agencies?  Conspiracy?  Here is some food for thought boys, keep thinking outside your boxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/ar-BB11udi8?ocid=spartanntp

(this isn't meant for political debate.  it is meant to show how the truth is simpler than outlandish conspiracy theories or wild speculation)

On 3/19/2020 at 10:34 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:
On 3/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, richieb said:

It may have been mentioned but all ammunition sites are sold out, backorder on 9mm. Gotsta’ guard your TP —

I was in Rural King today, they are totally out. I might go by Bud's Gun shop tomorrow. 

Okay, just to be clear, it wasn't just 9mm that RK was out of, it was an entirely cleaned shelves of ALL ammo. I am making something and needed so SS metric bolts (not something WM will stock), so, while I was in the area, I stopped by Bud's. The lot was full. I asked (from 6' away) if it was really that bad inside. He said yes and was parked in a neighboring lot. I want a PTO driven rototiller, and, today, I stopped back in RK. They had 4 boxes of 9mm, two of which I grabbed for two siblings. (I need nothing, gun are bad 😉).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

(this isn't meant for political debate.  it is meant to show how the truth is simpler than outlandish conspiracy theories or wild speculation)

I hear you.  what people need to realize is that there are theories for nearly everything.  to claim that your's was right is not impressive to me.  I can predict an earthquake ... well, there are hundreds of earthquakes every day ... no great skill there. 

The truth IS simpler Brian, as you correctly state... what is complex is the extent some will go to spin it in their direction. 

That's my truth after several adult beverages ( that I was drinking as a teen).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

What is predictable will be the denial, and the shooting of the messenger because of dislike for the message

most definitely cognitive cognition is at play (an interesting theory on its own--although doesn't validate as factual).  sorry, too many drinks to be more authoritative.