Exodus anarchy subwoofer question

Lbk

5 hours ago, Lbk said:

I order 2 from DIY audio, these where manufacturers by lik Mike with same specs as orginal.

I am thinking about using double sided stick tape on inside piece's to help insure a good seal. Either full 1/2 stripe or 1/8 stripe on each end to form a channel for pl premium. ( may push out tape? ) Thoughts, thanks!

I agree with the others about skipping the tape.

Does DIY audio give you options on ohm rating? I run my two off a single outboard sub amp (dayton) that would have trouble running two 4 ohm loads, so I got the 8 ohm version from Anarchy (don't think they still carry the driver) The Tang Bands at PE work great too but they are only available in 4 ohm.

Just more food for thought. Have fun with it.

21 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Or pl the horn path, set the last panel on then clamp the outside and put weights on the inside.

I think this will work for me since I don't want screws thur the veneer. Pl premium is fairly new to me will it hold the  panel on without screws? I laid a yardstick across the box and baffles and everything is nice and flat no open spaces.

7 hours ago, rockhound said:

Here is the last set I built for my son to give you an idea of a finished veneer look with grills.

IMG_2153 (1).jpg

They look nice, hard to tell from pic is that walnut? I plan on doing grills but only on the small front opening. 

Speakers arrived today! Shipped Wednesday and there here already, 2 days. Should have both boxes done by Sunday or Monday at the latest. Can't wait to here what sound like.

If you need to clean up the extra squish out on the exterior panels, don't touch it for about an hour or so.  Prior to that it's really messy and gets every where.  After that it gets so hard it's really difficult to remove.  There's about a 20 or 30 minute window where it's easy to deal with.  Heat and humidity will effect when the perfect time is to clean it off the box.

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If you need to clean up the extra squish out on the exterior panels, don't touch it for about an hour or so.  Prior to that it's really messy and gets every where.  After that it gets so hard it's really difficult to remove.  There's about a 20 or 30 minute window where it's easy to deal with.  Heat and humidity will effect when the perfect time is to clean it off the box.

Thanks for suggestions on clean up! I used a slightly damp cloth right after clamping, it cleaned up but did smear and was messy.

Didn't get anything done today, when I get back to it I will try your suggestions. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Madman1 said:

First I’ve heard of these. Looking to add a subwoofer to my 2ch stereo setup with Chorus 2 as mains. Would these be a good match? Are these great with music or mainly for movies? 

My first experience with these but I will be running them with  chorus II mains. However I am running the chorus II's with with 17 by 10 zxpc mid wired Into a stock xover. ( rebuilt with a crites kit) The zxpc horn sits on top of chorus speakers, I love it. Wanted to try a 2 inch horn  and I liked it so much I haven't changed it back. May be a few days before I finish but I will give a review when there up and running. Work. 

Also have bob crites tweeter diaphragm's installed.

8 hours ago, Lbk said:

My first experience with these but I will be running them with  chorus II mains. However I am running the chorus II's with with 17 by 10 zxpc mid wired Into a stock xover. ( rebuilt with a crites kit) The zxpc horn sits on top of chorus speakers, I love it. Wanted to try a 2 inch horn  and I liked it so much I haven't changed it back. May be a few days before I finish but I will give a review when there up and running. Work. 

Also have bob crites tweeter diaphragm's installed.

Please post a picture of your chorus also. What mid driver are you using?

I have k55v soldered lug that I plan to try in mine with treaded (k-61)? Horns. Just haven’t gotten around to it. Also I’m not 100% sure I can use the chorus xovers without making changes. 

17 hours ago, Madman1 said:

First I’ve heard of these. Looking to add a subwoofer to my 2ch stereo setup with Chorus 2 as mains. Would these be a good match? Are these great with music or mainly for movies? 

They're flat to 25Hz.  If you use them in a smaller room they're fine but they're tuned for extension not output.  You can't have everything in that small of a cabinet.

21 hours ago, Madman1 said:

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They're flat to 25Hz.  If you use them in a smaller room they're fine but they're tuned for extension not output.  You can't have everything in that small of a cabinet.

These are great for filling in the very bottom end. They work well for music, but I wouldn't recommend them for Home Theater. Not enough BOOM! unless you add more of them. Diz uses four for his music. Two in a small room do the trick for me with my Belles 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Madman1 said:

Please post a picture of your chorus also. What mid driver are you using?

I have k55v soldered lug that I plan to try in mine with treaded (k-61)? Horns. Just haven’t gotten around to it. Also I’m not 100% sure I can use the chorus xovers without making changes. 

My chorus are nothing special, just have a wire coming out to the top of tweeter going to the  zxpc horn on top of speaker. The zxpc is not in a box of any type sits on a towel on top of the speakers. I did built a box for it but never used it. 

Built a chorus type center channel, chorus Ii xover, k 61 mid ,  k 79 tweeter and kappa c woofer. Was running an academy center, nice speaker but the chorus center was much better.

When I started using the zxpc horns I took out the k 61, and k 79 from tbe center and replaced with a zxpc horn and de 10 tweeter. Center is presently not being used and stored but I will try to get a pic of it up by the weekend. 

This was my first 2 inch horn and I love it, don't see going back to a 1 inch. The first thing I notice was the vocals, voices sound like people are right in the room with you.  Piano's sound amazing.

I have an f20 that is going up front that will also serve as a TV stand. The 2 exodus subs will go in back to supplement and fill in the rear. Haven't heard the f 20 yet, should be interesting when I get it all set up. 

Presently using 4 revel c30 for  side / rear surrounds. Nice speakers and they match well with my chorus but I thinking down the road I would like to built some surrounds with k510 horns. Maybe, will see.

Forgot I am using a clarion 5.25 inch speaker on the zxpc horns. Tried ev dh1a and selenium d408 ti and liked the clarion best so I stuck with it.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:57 AM, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely. 

At some point today I am going to glue on the final side panels. How much dry/cure time is required before I can run them. Should I let them sit over night before I fire them up? Thanks!

• Like 1