Guitars and more...

the real Duke Spinner

5 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I already have a guitar with a hole in the side.

Maybe I should clean it up and pretend it’s a  feature.

Willie Nelson's Trigger  has  a hole right above the bridge ,      he even uses the cavity to house the tip of  his fingers  when he's not playing   ,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I already have several dreadnoughts so I kinda want something smaller and a little easier to get my arm over when I’m sitting on the couch.

So you want/need a parlour guitar, maybe something like the custom Larivee that's floating around the ISS...

• Like 1

I imagine it was a tough decision to move to Oxnard and close the Vancouver shop. Oxnard is a happinin' place for luthiers. Guild and Cordoba are also building there, Taylor and Fender are in CA as well.

Lot's of great guitars being made these days, including those made in Mexico.

• Like 2

IF I were going to get a parlor guitar, I would get a Lowden WL22 or 25.

Admittedly, my Martin D Jr just about falls into that category, but the Lowden guitars would be my last guitar. I really think I'm done with big guitars.

iqqlacxpmk3enx5ap376.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kevin cornette said:

The Gibson was left me by my father in law. I love it. It’s an Es235. 

Very nice in sunburst finish. Is it slightly smaller than a Es175? (I love my Memphis built 2013 ES175 1959 anniversary model).

IMG_1649.jpeg.d6fdbcd0343a888cb79489ac8231111a.jpegFor anyone interested, the bronze firebird is a Jeff Baxter edition. For me it’s a work of art, the paint looks like if you touched it, it would still be wet and plays and frets so easy. It is a tad heavy. A good read for anyone who wanted to look it up. Also the little white head on top of the Orange combo is a positive Grid 40. A blue tooth amp that allows you to patch in and play along or use it as a streamer. Built in effects not too cheesy, tuner. Solid state also. I’ll leave y’all alone now hope I didn’t bore you. Just in a great mood to have my Lascala’s back in service. Hope y’all have a great day. 

kevin

KT, sorry to say I’m not an arch top guy. All I know is it chords so easy. I’m not familiar with your 175. I don’t want to misrepresent my self here among you all. I’ve never been an equipment guy like my friend Keith Satterfield and others  I know. I’m a competent enough player to have played irhythm in several bar bands but I was Keith’s bass player off and on since 1974 through 88. Lack of bass players in my area kept me able to play in bar bands till my back showed me I can’t do 4 hour twice a weekend. My last band I was the new guy with them for 13 years. I had started playing bass in our church in 1993 and still play there today.  I left my working band in 2006 due to several back surgery’s. No one ask but there’s my musical life story. I’ve forum’d with several of y’all since I joined this forum would some of y’all mind telling me about yourselves? I just hope I've Not bored y’all to tears. But thanx for interest y’all have shown. 
kevin

• Like 2