Guitars and more...

the real Duke Spinner

14 hours ago, Subway said:

Speaking of Teles and Prices:  7 Pound Tele, MIM, Paid $1,100

Cool, now you need the Mirrored version. IIRC it is American made so you can give us the skinny on MIM v AM. Same guitar with different finishes in real life...but different altogether in the replicas.

I'm really wanting two current Telecasters from the Artist series. Both MiM. Joe Strummer '66 and J Mascis top loader '59....can't get enough of the blue sparkle. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

A few years ago my grandson asked me to build him a "surf" guitar. I used a Jazz Master body and neck with P90s and a Strat tremolo. Alpine white with a deep red tortoise shell pick guard and gold hardware. It's a beautiful guitar and has a really cool sound. Somewhere along the line, my pictures disappeared. They are probably on my phone somewhere, but I'm not smart enough to find them. One of these days, I'm going to build another one for myself.

5 hours ago, rplace said:

Cool, now you need the Mirrored version. IIRC it is American made so you can give us the skinny on MIM v AM. Same guitar with different finishes in real life...but different altogether in the replicas.

I'm really wanting two current Telecasters from the Artist series. Both MiM. Joe Strummer '66 and J Mascis top loader '59....can't get enough of the blue sparkle. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

"now you need the Mirrored version. IIRC it is American made so you can give us the skinny on MIM v AM."- Good idea!

Found it interesting the Mascis neck is nitro and body poly (same as Dragon Tele). With Dragon you have the choice of top or through body load.

image.png.f21ffd04c1636b30ce3f573b4922a3cf.png

image.png.44c6642b863583b8c086ebc6c06609ca.png

I like the bridge option of top or string through. However if you have a '59 top loader only it makes a good excuse to buy another guitar. The latest telecaster pro II Has a hybrid bridge for both options, just like yours. Everything old is New again.

5 hours ago, Subway said:

What's the cover on bridge? Partial ash tray looking thing?

Just how the newer American Pro I/II are. No more covering entire bridge, pickup, etc. Personally I think it looks better off and naked like a removed ashtray. Look close extra screws left/right corners closest to the neck too.

• Thanks 1

not mine... always wanted one. the only electric I considered owning after selling my es335

like I mentioned, I remember when they first came out and one could have been purchased for under 2k.

birdseye

DG1124-5_800x.jpg?v=1617221435

dy49rmsi3vpgiudjnvbu.jpg

Cubic fret markers... good for spot lights

DSC_0667-1024x1024.jpg

hand wound Joe Bardens...

q9xqvqh7utva6bgomuv4.jpg

I still look at them from time to time, but my money is going elsewhere for the time being

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...