Forte IV + Yamaha AS 3200 ?

vargoneti

Hello dear Klipschers ,

Just joined this forum after long search on the web. Recently purchased a showroom pair of Forte IV . My amp at home is a Yamaha as701 . After buying the speakers the amp upgrade urge hit me straight away. I read that the Yamahas and Klipsch get along pretty well so i was thinking of getting the Yamaha as3200 or maybe the as2200.

I can get the as3200 here in Europe at cca 4400euro new. Would that be a solid combo or will i get a better integrated amp at that price range that works well with the Fortes ?

Thanks !

Vladi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vargoneti said:

Hello dear Klipschers ,

Just joined this forum after long search on the web. Recently purchased a showroom pair of Forte IV . My amp at home is a Yamaha as701 . After buying the speakers the amp upgrade urge hit me straight away. I read that the Yamahas and Klipsch get along pretty well so i was thinking of getting the Yamaha as3200 or maybe the as2200.

I can get the as3200 here in Europe at cca 4400euro new. Would that be a solid combo or will i get a better integrated amp at that price range that works well with the Fortes ?

Thanks !

Vladi

I've read in a review that these Yamaha amps exaggerate the high frequencies, which may result in sibilants. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vargoneti said:

Hello dear Klipschers ,

Thanks !

Vladi

Another thing I noticed is that in the last year, prices of this amp have gone up substantially (plus 800 euro). Listed price at iEar is €6599 and NOT 4400 euro! My guess is that transport from Japan to Europe in containers is to blame. Maybe you should look into a European brand?

Hello and thanks to everyone for the answers. My journey into this HiFi world just started , im a complete noob . I had a impulsive buy two months ago on the Yamaha as701 and a Wharfendale Linton speaker combo. After 2 weeks with the Wharfendale speakers i returned then because i didnt like the sound of them. Got the Klipsch Forte IV recently , but they guys at the store told me the curent amp - the Yamaha as701 is pretty weak for those speakers. After some reading on internet - i saw/read that the Klipsch pairs pretty good with the Yamaha as3200 , thats why i was thinking about it. Im the guy that likes to buy once and after that forget about it , not to upgrade every 1-2 years with some other speakers , amps or other thinks. 

If you guys think that another integrated amp would be better than the as3200 , then please go ahead and suggest one :) Im mostly into rock/hip hop , everything besides classic music.

Thanks !

Vladimir from Romania 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, vargoneti said:

Hello dear Klipschers ,

Thanks !

Vladi

Be sure you can return whatever you buy/try.

• Like 1

it sounds ok-ish , i guess , the speakers and the amp are new also ,Fortes have like 2-3 hours on them. I cannot and dont have anything to compare them with :)

Had just a short session with them then had to leave home until february. Atm i am in Mauritius and have alot of time to spam the internet for amps :P , but all that market is pretty confusing

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vargoneti said:

it sounds ok-ish , i guess , the speakers and the amp are new also ,Fortes have like 2-3 hours on them. I cannot and dont have anything to compare them with :)

Had just a short session with them then had to leave home until february. Atm i am in Mauritius and have alot of time to spam the internet for amps :P , but all that market is pretty confusing

Well enjoy your time! Give those speakers time to break-in. May take a week or so of playing. Then, tell us how they sound. Yamaha sound decent with Klipsch.

Do not believe all that you read, hear,cor are told by sales people... congrats!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vargoneti said:

After 2 weeks with the Wharfendale speakers i returned then because i didnt like the sound of them.

Warfedale Linton 85 ?  Can´t understand this european hype as well. A nice entry level retro speaker made in china , has nothing to do with the origin english Warefedale Speaker Manufacturer in the 1970´s & 1980´s . I mean he looks nice ...that´s it

linton.jpg.12fb9826929136eadcf904660f7cda52.jpg

• Like 2

Yes MicroMara, exactly those speakers ,they are very marketed over here , recomended everywhere , thats why i got them , one of the biggest shops in the country recomended them to me togheter with the as701. But unfortunately , just like you said , they look good , but thats all

Edited by vargoneti
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, avguytx said:

If I were to blow that kind of money, I'd be looking at separates.  But that's just me.  Nice integrated, though.

and what would you recomend in that case ?  just found out yesterday that my brother has in his closet two pristine old Sansui amps , a Sansui au-9500 and a Sansui au-11000 , which he bought  a while ago for unknown reasons to me because they just sit there unused :) . After some quick google searches i found out that those where some pretty top of the line amps back in their time. Anyone tried to pair some Fortes with that kind of old amps ?

Thanks

sansui.jpeg

Edited by vargoneti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try the Sansui’s if you can, but how about tubes? As @MicroMara points out, this is probably the best choice. Many options out there at various price levels - tube integrateds.

Since you are in Romania, not sure what’s available to you locally or overall budget. Some to consider may be offerings from Line Magnetic or Willsenton R8. You don’t need much power. 

• Like 1