Khorns - Signed by PWK in Brazilian mahogany !!!

Curmudgeon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL this is hylariuos the seller is also on this thread, id bet hes laughing his *** off LOL!

Hes reading, im ganna place a very high bid on these LOL

I love it, this is trully a 1 of a kind auction, thats for sure!

HHHmmmm shall i bid 5 grand or not?

Regards Jim9.gif

Id have to put my entire tax return, sell my Klipshorns i have now and my minivan to get 5 grand yea right LOL

----------------

On 1/16/2003 3:40:03 PM j-malotky wrote:

JT1

I can relate... Thats exactly how i feel. I really don't need them. I love my '83 Khorns with ALKs.

But, I can't stop looking at that auction. I usually stay off Ebay just for this reason. I usually see something I want.

Damn this forum.....

JM

----------------

It's rough, man! I didn't win the Storyteller contest (congrats to Blair; truely a fine story...but I feel Ray Garrison should've won, after everything he lost), and I need 'em like I need a hole in my head (my Cornwalls make me happy), but dammit they're just so beautiful; the ultimate statement, and with PWK's signature to boot!

It may have been commonplace for Klipsch employees to receive loudspeakers with Paul's signature, but for the rest of us, this is a treasure!

I agree, eBay and this forum are addictive...maybe if I auction off my Denon turntable and two Nakamichi tape decks, some extra MIT and Cardas interconnects, and my Omega Seamaster Chronometer too...maybe then I could afford to bid on just one Khorn!

14.gif

JT1....All you gotta do is get a subscription to the Hope Star newspaper...there must be hundreds of PWK-signed speakers in that area over the years...sooner or later many of em end up in the classifieds there...Hint, Hint! You just gotta pay attention...and have the bucks when the ads show up...and.....beat the locals to the buy!!

Just figure this...the average employee of the company who spent at least 5 years with the company bought one pair of Heresys...signed by PWK...next year bought a pair of Cornwalls...and sold his/her Heresys to help fund the new purchase...again signed by PWK...next year bought LaScalas or Belles...signed by PWK, selling the Cornwalls to partly finance the new purchase....next year bought k-horns, again signed by PWK...and sold the Belles or LaScalas to finance the new k-horn purchases...etc...etc...etc...and this went on for over 40 years...with literally hundreds of employees....they ARE out there...just waiting!!

BTW... I, too, would have chosen Ray Garrison's story for AT LEAST one of the prizes...but I am also happy that I got one of the prizes...kinda a catch-22...ya know? The problem with the judging is that one never knows what will happen...especially with such a diversely-backrounded group selected as judges. To be honest...the stories I would have selected were, for the most part, NOT selected as winners or honorable mentions! Go figure!!

HDBRbuilder...Thanks for the tip! Before this thread, I didn't realize just how many Klipsch horn speakers were out there with PWKs signature scrolled on 'em, so I assumed they were extremely rare...my bad! 15.gif

I understand where you're coming from concerning the judging, and the judges were a diverse group indeed. We all have our favorite stories (and I think I should've received an HM...ha ha...see Jim Tidwell of Lakeland, FL if your interested), but even though Ray's sad story of love found and lost, and how a pair of Klipsch played a role in his life during this time, I guess it wasn't commercial enough like mine and others written. In any event, you, my friend, wrote on your experiences with Klipsch loudspeakers during your college days, and it was a fascinating read worthy of the recognition you received by the judges. I'm glad you at least got an HM and a nice new pair of Heresy IIs to boot.

My hat's off to you! You're da man! 1.gif

----------------

On 1/17/2003 3:01:09 PM yang wrote:

is here some one know how much for packing and ship this my dream to Zhuhai China?

hope some one here could like to help me make a safety packing.

----------------

Lots of bubble wrap, and a slow boat.

fini

Radiohead,

it will be only one Khorns - Signed by PWK in China when i win. i have to reach my dream.

some one here work in container freight company could help me know the shipping cost.

local agent offer new Heresy for usd2000.00, i don't know how much he will offer for Khorn....

so that i think usd6000.00 for Khorns - Signed by PWK in Brazilian mahogany is worth to get.

is it usd500.00 enough for packing and ship by container to China?

rgds

yang

OK guys

If you bought your k-horns in 1978 new, your bidding $800.00 over what you paid!

Someday we will run into a signed set of K-horns, maybe even in that finish, who knows!

Are we ganna hit 4 grand there on the auction, to replace the exact same sound you have now?

HHmmmmm i wonder LOL!

Andys heresys are ganna be worth more than those k-horns, his older ones that is LOL!

Regards Jim

9.gif

It seems once in a while, all things go beyond reason when it comes to the "price" or "value" as defined by the world of eBay. The Khorns in question are now at $3,000+, but there is also a pair of Belles currently listed on eBay sitting at $2,500.

The frenzy continues! Hopefully the price has reached near the final bid level. I too would love to own a pair of Khorns one day. Just not at that price. With PWK's signature and $1.35 I can buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Without PWK's "sig", coffee is same price, Khorns same sound. Good luck to all.

Klipsch out.