Khorns - Signed by PWK in Brazilian mahogany !!!

Curmudgeon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who wants to wake up in the morning, turn around and see Rosie's big head starin' straight at ya? Scarey! 6.gif

As of 12:20 PM, the Klipsch are up to $3051.00 with less than 9 hours left! Looks like wridehard should make good on this auction yet (even with his reserve price met). Will a Klipschan from this forum be the lucky winner? It sure won't be me! 8.gif

As great as the temptation is... and as close as they are to my mountain retrest... I am committed to having three pairs of matching K-horns and I am currently two-thirds of the way there in walnut. Buying them for PWK's sig (which I already have) and getting Andy to turn them into the third walnut pair stretches even my horn-loving credibility. 6.gif =HornEd

The other possibility, Ed, is to buy them, and have Andy build you a quad in rosewood, and have HIM sign them! It is SO easy to spend someone else's money...9.gif

Off with the kids to the Exploratorium!!

fini

I've lucked out so far selling to new eBayers with shades (total of 3 out of 12 items I've auctioned off, if memory serves).

My very first experience with an eBayer with shades had just registered a day prior to winning my McIntosh MC7200 amplifier auction. He had just signed up with PayPal as well, and a half hour after winning my amp, he paid me the total of $1180.00 without a hitch.

It's a shame that most eBayers with shades are punks looking for something to do...Once eBay catches 'em and kicks them off, they just later sign up again under a different ID.7.gif

It's high time that I surfaced - I've been a "read only" guy for several years, but an event has happened that warrants some communication. I am the buyer of the PWK signed Rosewood Klipschorns. Yes, they were expensive, but I know you guys understand. My wife even thought they were "pretty" and understood their historical significance - with the high WAF, what else could I do? Rest assured that they are going to a good home where they will be fed a steady diet of tube sourced amplification and kept in pristine condition.

I am originally from a town close to Hope, Arkansas, so I grew up with Klipsch as a local product. I've been a huge fan since the mid 70's and, besides speakers, own a closet full of Klipsch brochures, coffee cups, T-shirts, Bulls**t buttons, etc. from the last 40 years. As more proof of my obsession, here's a list of my current, and near future, Klipsch inventory:

- '82 Rosewood Klipschorns signed by PWK.

- '02/'03 La Scalas (ordered last June, but still not here).

- '76 Heresies (original).

- '76 Heresies (with T350 tweeters).

- '74 Heresies.

- '91 Forte II's.

- Early Heresy Industrials.

- '02 RC7.

I'll keep you posted.

Steve

Congratulations, Steve, and we hope to see more of the scounce brand on future posts. I came very close to doing the deed on those Klipschorns... and they are less than twenty miles from my mountain retreat. I have over two dozen Klipsch speakers including two pair of walnut Klipshorns, a Belle and a pair of Cornwalls... so PWK means a lot to me too.

Frankly, I am amazed at my restraint... I purposely stayed away from the end of that auction... but I am so relieved that they have gotten into the good hands of a Forum lurker turned poster. Let us know how they sound in their new happy home. =HornED

scounce sounds like a true Klipschan to me, and worthy of the PWK signed Klipschorns! I only hope that someday I'll have a collection similar to Steve's ever-growing assortment of Klipsch collectables!

Great to hear the latest addition to his family will be tube fed, as only Khorns should be.2.gif

Congratulations on a fine win!