How to connect Axi 2050

diamonddelts

20 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

For the price, why not a beryllium cd? 

there is no such thing as a beryllium cd  , but there are CD drivers with  BE diaphragms ,which  cost   6x more   vs Alum  or Ti diaphragms  . simply put ,  there's nothing even remotely close  to the Axi 2050  .

20 minutes ago, OO1 said:

there is no such thing as a beryllium cd  , but there are CD drivers with  BE diaphragms ,which  cost   6x more   vs Alum  or Ti diaphragms  . simply put ,  there's nothing even remotely close  to the Axi 2050  .

Yes I meant a cd containing a beryllium diaphragm. After hearing the Heritage Jubilees in person, I still feel like the HF on the Celestion 2050  is not as good as the hf on the JBL 4367 and JBL M2.  I personally feel like the Heritage Jubilee could benefit from a high frequency horn and tweeter.

DSP and phase plug definitely help though.

Just now, diamonddelts said:

I still feel like the HF on the Celestion 2050  is not as good as the hf on the JBL 4367 and JBL M2. 

man you're funny ....lol ,  I almost fell off my chair reading this :lol:

57 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I think you are getting too fixated on the specs.

When you tried the Celestions, you weren't using Roy's phase plug... is that correct?

Correct. And when I heard the Heritage Jubilees at an authorized dealer, they definitely sounded discernibly better than the Celestion 2050s used in my speakers. No doubt the included dsp and phase plug work extremely well together.

6 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

One other thing I noticed is Heritage Jubilee is rated at max output 125db while the JBL M2 is rated at max output 123db. Yet the M2 is recommended for small to medium rooms while the Jubilees are recommended for large rooms.

Yet their max output is almost equal.

Is this really a nit you're going to pick?  Both speakers are able to damage your hearing if played loud enough.  Perhaps @Chief bonehead can comment on why that number is what it is.

10 hours ago, diamonddelts said:

Yes I meant a cd containing a beryllium diaphragm. After hearing the Heritage Jubilees in person, I still feel like the HF on the Celestion 2050  is not as good as the hf on the JBL 4367 and JBL M2.  I personally feel like the Heritage Jubilee could benefit from a high frequency horn and tweeter.

Yes, the JBL speakers have specs that say the response goes out to 40 kHz.  This is great if your dog is trying to listen to recordings of dog whistles but is overkill for human hearing.  However, it's possible that they do have a little more audible extension at the top end than the Jubilee.  I have to admit, the one thing that my Klipsch Palladium series speakers do a little better than the Jubilee is produce a sense of "air" or "sparkle" at the very top end.  However, it's very subtle and I don't feel like I miss it when I listen to the Jubilee as they do everything else so much better.  If this is what's most important to you, then get the JBLs or something else.  However, having that additional crossover point, the sonic issues that dual diaphragm compression drivers can have, and especially the direct radiator bass means that the rest of the sonic experience is going to be inferior in my opinion.  Nothing beats horn-loaded bass for realism.

That said, I wonder if your listening experience for the Jubilee was properly set up.   Where did you hear the Heritage Jubilee?  Were they near any walls or corners?  If so, was the bass response corrected with something like Audyssey, Dirac, or a parametric EQ.  The Jubilee are designed to have a flat response in half-space (i.e., on a floor away from the walls).  If they were placed near the walls or corners, then you probably heard over-emphasized bass which might have given the impression of a weaker top end.  (My one big criticism of the Jubilee as a consumer product is that it comes with no way to use the DSP to do this correction.  However, most people will need to do so when placing the speakers in most normal sized rooms as putting a speaker this big away from the walls can be a problem.  Fortunately, my processor has a parametric EQ that's supported by REW.)  Also, were you on axis of the K-402 at the listening position?  Proper toe-in is important.  I found through my own experience, being too far off axis can drop off the very top end.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, babadono said:

yes EQ is a wonderful thing. So @MMurg you bypass the factory EQ box and use something else? I missed what you are doing if so

I'm using the Jubilee DSP and also doing two PEQ bass cuts in the EQ in my processor to correct for room gain.  I'm basically using the parametric EQ in my processor and REW to manually do bass room correction.  It would be nice if you could do this right in the Jubilee DSP, but you can't.  🙁

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, diamonddelts said:

One other thing I noticed is Heritage Jubilee is rated at max output 125db while the JBL M2 is rated at max output 123db. Yet the M2 is recommended for small to medium rooms while the Jubilees are recommended for large rooms.

It is good to have a little headroom. 😊

• Like 1