How to connect Axi 2050

diamonddelts

Cds came today with no screws and with a plug for the positive and and a plug for the negative. I have no idea how to connect these plugs to my speaker wires. Any help on how to connect the speaker wire to the plugs would be great. Also any tips on what size screws to purchase for these would be extraordinarily helpful.

20230619_125038.jpg

• Like 1

You will need M6 threaded studs similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RB8ZJZ4/. What length you will need with depend on the horn/bracket you use.

You will need terminal connectors like these: https://www.parts-express.com/1-4-22-18-Nylon-Female-Disconnect-50-Pcs.-095-300.  This crimping tool that someone recommend to me is great for these: https://www.parts-express.com/Ratcheting-Crimp-Tool-For-Insulated-Terminals-360-642.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMurg said:

You will need M6 threaded studs similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RB8ZJZ4/. What length you will need with depend on the horn/bracket you use.

You will need terminal connectors like these: https://www.parts-express.com/1-4-22-18-Nylon-Female-Disconnect-50-Pcs.-095-300.  This crimping tool that some recommend to me is great for these: https://www.parts-express.com/Ratcheting-Crimp-Tool-For-Insulated-Terminals-360-642.

I am using the standard bracket that came with the 402 Horn. I have a wire crimper/cutter in my garage. I will have to order the nylon female disconnects. Any suggestions on the M6 threaded studs length for the 402 horn bracket?

Thank you so much for your help. It is much appreciated

1 hour ago, diamonddelts said:

Any suggestions on the M6 threaded studs length for the 402 horn bracket? 

I'd suggest going to a hardware store and getting an M6 machine screw that's at least 40 mm long.  Screw that into the hole, measure how much is sticking out, and subtract that from the screw length to get how much length you need for just the driver.  Then use the same bolt to determine how much length you'll need with the horn, bracket, and nuts.  If I were home, I'd try to estimate the later for you on my Jubilee.  Unfortunately, I'm about 6 hours away from home. 

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I'd suggest going to a hardware store and getting an M6 machine screw that's at least 40 mm long.  Screw that into the hole, measure how much is sticking out, and subtract that from the screw length to get how much length you need for just the driver.  Then use the same bolt to determine how much length you'll need with the horn, bracket, and nuts.  If I were home, I'd try to estimate the later for you on my Jubilee.  Unfortunately, I'm about 6 hours away from home. 

Thank you for the info. I will head to Lowes tomorrow to pick some in different lengths.

I prefer stainless steel Allen Head set screws with Cut point end. 

30mm length when screwed by hand all the way into the Celestion Axi 2050 will leave about 17mm for mounting to the K402 horn (Second Generation).

miketn

IMG_4403.thumb.jpeg.1f58148405c3449bd139f0d4f76cc4df.jpeg

IMG_4402.thumb.jpeg.8cb8309b7ec00e4c2c5104b0a568b486.jpeg

Washers, Lock washers and nuts I also use when mounting.

IMG_3880.thumb.jpeg.f038332aa8f31d8eb0ebe59af179abbd.jpeg

IMG_3879.thumb.jpeg.aec49a34c7e2daf3485eedbb35f18301.jpeg

I really like these Spade Terminals for the (Celestion Axi 2050) which are spring loaded and give a very firm large contact area but easily removed connection.

miketn

{NOTE: THESE ARE BRASS !!!}

IMG_4404.thumb.jpeg.4ec1260020b048d8465c1418e49d2c9e.jpeg

{NOTE: These are COPPER>>!!!}

IMG_4406.thumb.jpeg.d15076f459df9855a47f491dbf1d690c.jpeg

IMG_4405.thumb.jpeg.9644a54e41822156a150833906e65328.jpeg

An update. I played around with Klipsch 3 way passive crossovers, Klipsch passive 2 way crossovers, and Xilica XP 4080. A/b switched back and forth between Celestion Axi 2050 on K402 horn with 2 way crossover vs. KT-1133HP on K402/K-691 on K510 horn with 3 way crossover.

Here are my thoughts. The Celestion Axi 2050 cds have a natural clarity to them which is very impressive. Sound was very cohesive even when sitting as close as seven feet from the speaker. Sound was more controlled and seemingly a bit more refined upon first listening to the Axi 2050. However, on certain tracks the mids did not appear as prominent as with the 3 way setup. And switching to cinema for movies was even more of the same. Dialogue sounded recessed and I had to crank the volume a bit to hear voices which I could hear clearly at lower volumes with the 3 way setup.

The K 1133HP with K691 on 402/510 do sound better the further you sit away from them. Preferably at least 15 feet or more back. The upper mids and HF can be a bit overwhelming if you are used to the 2 way version. However this can be easily tamed with onboard eq or with electronic crossover. The mids sounded fuller with the 3 way setup  and HF range sounds more prominent especially with movies. I can't help but to feel the 3 way setup has more potential though it can be fraught with more obstacles as well since you are adding another crossover to the mix. 

Needless to say I sent the Celestion Axi 2050 cds back for a refund yesterday. I was really, really bummed because I wanted them to blow away the stock drivers which came with the 535 B Jubilee horns. But this was not my experience. A well known, prominent member here warned me this would be a lateral move at best. I should have listened. I would have saved myself alot of time, money, and agony. Lifting the 402/510 horns with the CD 2050 and K 1133HP/K691 drivers off and on the speakers several times by myself was no easy task. 

I have a few more drivers I am going to try this week with the 3 way setup but if I don't hear any discernable differences I will have to stick with the stock 535 drivers. They sound much better than I gave them credit for and I love them in combination with the QSC RMX 5050a amp which just arrived this week. 

I used M6 35mm threaded studs for the install of the Celestion Axi 2050s if that helps anyone down the road. I was doing some reading on the latest iterations from Klipsch with the K-691 and folks were saying it was a rebadged B&C driver. Does anyone know what the K-1133HP driver is?