Looking for help with vintage HOL info

mikega

sorry click on the pic and it should come up. I have so far figured out they are Heresy heritage 1 (If I'm deciphering correcty. ) I also found that the X is 1982. So I guess now the question is how do they pair up to a Marantz 2270? I can get these speakers in good shape for $400.00. I wasnt really looking at vintage Klipsch Heresy, but i would love to hear some opinions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikega said:

sorry click on the pic and it should come up. I have so far figured out they are Heresy heritage 1 (If I'm deciphering correcty. ) I also found that the X is 1982. So I guess now the question is how do they pair up to a Marantz 2270? I can get these speakers in good shape for $400.00. I wasnt really looking at vintage Klipsch Heresy, but i would love to hear some opinions.

Heresy xxxx lacquer 1982 , did you remove the back of the speakers , and checked what drivers are being used , some 1982 Heresy speakers shipped with  different midrange drivers ......you could have the K-55V  or the Dual phase plug K-55V or even the K-52H  .

Edited by OO1

For 400 bucks as long as they work, run, don't walk to get them. I don't subscribe to the theory of mating Speaker X to Amplifier Y

so in my opinion you'll be fine.

It would be nice if the speakers came with TILTED risers but if not you can always buy them aftermarket.

After posting my reply I looked on Facebook Marketplace. There's a pair of Heresy I's for sale for a paltry 300 bucks! Yeah, the grills have stains and the honest seller mentions their flaws but I'd say they're worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter P. said:

For 400 bucks as long as they work, run, don't walk to get them. I don't subscribe to the theory of mating Speaker X to Amplifier Y

so in my opinion you'll be fine.

It would be nice if the speakers came with TILTED risers but if not you can always buy them aftermarket.

After posting my reply I looked on Facebook Marketplace. There's a pair of Heresy I's for sale for a paltry 300 bucks! Yeah, the grills have stains and the honest seller mentions their flaws but I'd say they're worth it.

1.5 at that!

• Like 1

Should be a good choice!  They should pair well with a 2270. 

That was a transition period and we have nicknamed them Heresy 1.5s.  They likely have H II squawker drivers. 

You'll have to try in your room, but I'd expect them to sound best near a wall, but not too close to the corner (affects male vocals too much).  I liked running a subwoofer with my H Is.  (If you can hear a subwoofer, it is 10 dB too loud.).