ever criticize an advertiser on avs forum?

minn_male42

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/29/2003 11:01:35 PM DALE WALKER wrote:

I hope to hell "ANDY " is not reading this thread. The whole mexico thing could result in the longest and most insulting post in klipsch forum history . ----------------

Hmmm,

My Heresies were made by that dude and they ROCK.

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 1/29/2003 10:58:42 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 1/29/2003 9:51:45 PM TinHere wrote:

You were mocking that people were being nice.

----------------

TinHere, actually I wasn't I was being honest about that.

----------------

I have no problem believing you.

----------------

On 1/29/2003 10:22:56 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 1/29/2003 10:12:26 PM TinHere wrote:

mOOn calling names? Hey that's no joke...but I'll have a beer.

----------------

TinHere, ya lost me? Did I do some name calling? I hope not.

----------------

I didn't notice that Hugh had posted and thought it was a form of address. I was wrong.

----------------

I hope to hell "ANDY " is not reading this thread. The whole mexico thing could result in the longest and most insulting post in klipsch forum history .

----------------

Too new to know who Andy is, but I have a picture I took some time ago of the back of an RF-3 driver with it's "Assembled In Mexico" label. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here though, might be too sensitive of an issue. I could e-mail it to you if you like.

Just about everyone is doing this stuff these days to stay competitive. Another example, most people think Axiom loudspeakers are completely made in Canada but I have pictures of Axiom drivers with "Made In China" labels on them as well. It's just the tip of an iceberg, what really comes from where would surprise most people. The world is getting smaller everyday.

----------------

On 1/30/2003 1:25:04 AM michael hurd wrote:

Who really cares where the drivers are made ? Does being made in germany, denmark or the u.s. really matter to people, if the performance is top notch ? I think that this is more of a prestige thing, usually used for bragging rights.

----------------

I agree.

----------------

I hope to hell "ANDY " is not reading this thread. The whole mexico thing could result in the longest and most insulting post in klipsch forum history .

----------------

I keep expecting us to get lecture from HornEd 12.gif. And you know his posts, those can be quite lengthy 9.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 1:30:12 AM michael hurd wrote:

Big wally : can you post the picture of the back of the rf3 driver ? I'm curious as to what the plastic basket looks like. Do you also have pictures of the interior and / or crossover ? Thanks.

----------------

I have just two high resolution shots. One is of the speaker with the bass driver pulled out and on this one you can see the basket pretty well, and some of the interior cabinet. The other is a close up of the back of the magnet/motor assembly. I don't have any shots of the x-over though. If you PM your e-mail address to me I'll send them over to you. They're fairly large files.

bigwally and our new Rocket friends from AVS Forum,

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum.

I noticed bigwally's concern that a post of a picture of Klipsch's made in Mexico driver might annoy the administrator. After one of our members was banned at AVS, I can understand your concern.

This forum does not get censored as some forums do. Klipsch is a class act. Only intentional trouble causers of the worst and most persistent sort are banned here.

Members regularly disparage the Klipsch KSW line of subwoofers on this forum. See the subwoofer section for examples. Does Klipsch ban the disrespectful member? NO!!! Klipsch brought out better subwoofers; they did not sulk or ban members!

SVS subs are regularly touted here. Does Klipsch complain? No. Their competitor from SVS regularly posts here. Essentially, there is no censorship here, but there is a search for audio truth just as Paul Klipsch would have wanted it.

When a respected member of our forum was banned on the AVS Forum, it got our attention in a very negative way. Just thought that this might put our foray to your forum in perspective.

Many of our members are very loyal Klipschers due in large part to the way the company treats its customers.

Bill

With all due respect or lack of:

The actions were wrong and supporting them is just as wrong. Spin it however you like.

The banning, I think as I had nothing to do with it, was because of a personal attack directed at a respected manufacturer and contributor to the audio community. Mark is cutting edge with the Perpetual Technologies products, and also making what growing numbers think is a positive difference in the way business is conducted on line. He's not some TinHere off the street who's mostly along the ride. He's a man who for years has earned the respect of his peers in the audio business with real accolades and awards to show for his efforts. I guess the administrators like the knowledge that manufactures can bring to the forum so it's understandable that they don't want them subjected to ridicule.

Most sites don't let trolls remain. AR is a good example of what happens when they do. Most of the "regulars" can be found elsewhere now and it was as tight a bunch as I see here only with more diversity. If someone said "Paul Klipsch was a clown" they wouldn't only be wrong, they probably wouldn't be welcome here. Banned or not banned, at the forum's administrators discretion, it's behavior I don't think serves anyone well. I read a chilling comment on the S&V forum. Someone said "my forum right or wrong". It really doesn't leave much hope when people don't even want to acknowledge that they could be backing something that they themselves don't really condone. Someone getting called to the carpet for breaking rules of basic conduct isn't someone I would want to support, at least at that moment for those actions. If the behavior is really condoned support away and see if you can justify it to those offended. Maybe it can be forgiven but it's tough to justify when the real issue is being ducked. It's easy to assume a character, but sometimes real people are behind the monikers. You can be pretty sure of that when, like Mark, they are posting under their real names and list their affiliations.

You spoke of a respected member and I don't doubt it, but he did have a disrespectful momment, and then simply condemned a forum and its members because he was called on it. It wasn't just one thing he said as you would see if you read the posts. And that's not even considering it was a planned and supported effort. Over here he disucssed a discount offer Mark made giving new meaning to the words "don't let a good deed go unpunished".

It's nice to have something to support, and to support you, but ultimately we are all individuals and if adult, should be ready to be responsible for our actions. It's silly to think because we are part of a group how we interact doesn't mattter. It should matter to the group that would respect those actions if it is to have merit beyond it's own boundries.

----------------

On 1/30/2003 1:25:24 PM TinHere wrote:

You the man mOOn...I just saw you're post at AVS.
1.gif

----------------

Hey thanks TinHere... Something needed to be said. If not to save my face, at least the Klipsch name.

Thanks for being cool about all this.1.gif I really do feel like a schmuck 4.gif

----------------

On 1/30/2003 1:40:04 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 1/30/2003 1:25:24 PM TinHere wrote:

You the man mOOn...I just saw you're post at AVS.
1.gif

----------------

Hey thanks TinHere... Something needed to be said. If not to save my face, at least the Klipsch name.

Thanks for being cool about all this.
1.gif
I really do feel like a schmuck
4.gif

----------------

That's why I came. 9.gif

I really like music and audio, but the dynamics of the net intrigue me as well. It is unfair to condemn any company based on the unsolicited actions of the end users. Even when the actions are positive the company is sometimes villified by people with another POV. And so it goes...

They closed the thread !!!

What kind of goop is that ?

I went back and read every post on that thread and no where did i find any of us bashing. Well our intent may have been a little less forgiving our manners were not.

They seem to have a good group of guy's over there, but i'm not sure i'd like to hang my hat in a place that big brother can come in and slam the door.

Hell we've had some heaters on this board and they always seem to get smoothed out in the end. We posted some crapy intent on our own board but it surly stayed here.

I never even heard of rocket before going over to avs but i did bring home some knowledge , is'nt that what forums are all about ? I ask some questions and now unless i go back and start another thread i'll never find out.

Dale is right, they closed the thread.

Thats too bad. Ive been busy last night and today implementing a project for work, but I have been wanting to post all day but have not had the time. Now I cant..

I feel bad that the one guy used a quote from me like I was trying to do something mean. That is not the case at all.

In the end All I really wanted to do and was working up to, was to inform people that the Klipsch Heritage line is awesome HT equipment. And it is cost effective. As you know you could build a 5 channel Heresy setup for $1200 if you go used.

And if you are going to build a house how to design to use Khorns etc and have a theater that can rival anything out there and still be cost effective.

I don't mean to prech to the choir here, since you understand this.

At least they do not seem to be too pissed off. Im glad moon got some comments there before they clossed the thread.

You know what - You are a great bunch of guys and Im glad to be part of this forum.

Talk to you all later,

JM