Belle info

Motoguy

I bought a pair of Belles back in early 80s. Ebony finish. Was told special order that went south! I have not ever seen or heard about that finish on Belle speakers. The tag on the back says BK  MEL. Serial #s are 8512929 and 30. Not sure what the “MEL” stands for. They were and still are a very slick looking set of speakers. Thanks for any info..

• Like 2

As a newbie, I have no idea what stickied threads are or how to access them. When it comes to tech, I have a very slow learning curve. Actually not sure there’s any curve at all! Thanks again for info on the Belles.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Motoguy said:

I bought a pair of Belles back in early 80s. Ebony finish. Was told special order that went south! I have not ever seen or heard about that finish on Belle speakers. The tag on the back says BK  MEL. Serial #s are 8512929 and 30. Not sure what the “MEL” stands for. They were and still are a very slick looking set of speakers. Thanks for any info..

We would enjoy viewing pictures of your Belles. (downsize your picture files for easier attachment to the forum)

Was reading another thread about Belles. Picture of those shows speakers raised up off the floor as are mine. My philosophy was to get them slightly above nearby furniture. One comment indicated this would be detrimental to sound quality. The stands I have mine on are made of 3/4 material, glued and screwed. Super solid..

• Like 1

If you like the way they sound that's all that really matters. You can easily go down a rabbit hole if you start chasing better or improved.

Beautiful cabinets! And a log home as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Motoguy said:

As a newbie, I have no idea what stickied threads are or how to access them. When it comes to tech, I have a very slow learning curve. Actually not sure there’s any curve at all! Thanks again for info on the Belles.

No problem.  At the top of this forum section you’ll see a thread titled “Want to know when your Klipsch speakers were made?  Click here!” and others that will give you all the technical data that you might want regarding your Belles.

4 hours ago, 83 LSIs said:

More proof to confirm why I generally don't ask people on the internet what they think.

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Actually, it is Macassar Ebony

https://www.wood-database.com/macassar-ebony/

I stand corrected...apologies to any and all I have offended. I will still continue to THINK however:)

• Like 2