Attention Rush fans (the band, not some drug)

m00n

Rush has 25 album releases to date with the first self-titled Rush, released in 1974 to the latest release, Spirit of Radio Greatest Hits 2003. All Rush albums have been Certified Gold, Platinum or Multi-Platinum. In this regard, Rush stands currently in the TOP 5 Gold-Certified bands at 22 certifications, next to The Beatles (39), The Rolling Stones (37) and KISS (23). Rush received the Order of Canada on February 27, 1997 and a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame on May 27, 1999. Rush owns eight Juno Awards, a Lifetime Achievement award from the Musician's Institute in Hollywood; they are Officers of the Order of Canada and just have been inducted into the Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame.

Neil Pearts Award Achievements in the "Modern Drummer" magazine reader's poll:

Voted to Modern Drummer Hall of Fame: 1983

Best Rock Drummer: 1980,1981,1982,1983,1984,1985

Best Multi-Percussionist: 1983,1984,1985,1986

Best Percussion Instrumentalist: 1982

Most Promising New Drummer: 1980

Best All Around: 1986

Best Recorded Performance:

1981: Moving Pictures

1982: Exit... Stage Left

1983: Signals

1985: Grace Under Pressure

1986: Power Windows

1988: Hold Your Fire

1989: A Show of Hands

1990: Presto

1992: Roll The Bones

1993: Counterparts

1986 Honor Roll: Rock Drummer, Multi-Percussion

I guess you could say that these guys are pretty accomplished.2.gif

I have just about every Rush album that they have put out, including Getty Lee's solo album. I saw them in Concert just this past summer at the Nisson Pavilion (Vapor Trails). I also saw them a few years before that on thier Test For Echo tour. I happen to like all of Rush, both thier old and new stuff. I think Vapor Trails (thier latest album) was quite good. In MP3 format, I do have everything that they have ever recorded, including thier rare live performanaces (stuff you cannot buy now-a-days).

I love Rush and I listen to them everytime. In fact, one of the first albums I tried when I got my RF-7s was "All The Worlds a Stage" - It was almost like actually being there - wow what a Rush (pun intended 1.gif).

Cool topic....been a Rush fan since I can remember.Seen every concert in Pittsburgh since the Grace Under Pressure Tour. I like all of the albums. I really do think Vapor Trails is one of their better new albums. I especially love their instrumentals: La Villa Strangiato, Where's My Thing? and YYZ

I was wondering how long it would take before someone mentioned 2112. What an intence CD. Again I say it... I just don't think there will ever be another trio that will come close to thier combined tallent. True tallanted musicians.

----------------

On 3/4/2003 1:00:17 PM John Albright wrote:

There's a drug called rush?

----------------

If memory serves me correctly, there used to be an inhalent you could get that would give you a slight buz. It was a liquid in a small vile you would get in head shops. This was years ago and may no longer be around.

RUSH, one of my favorite bands, and Canada's Premier act to this day IMO. I've seen them countless times. Their 1st self titled album was one of my fav's with Working Man and Finding My Way.

If you decide to sell your LP collection let me know Trey 3.gif

As for a trio band, there was another exceptional Canadian band with three members out of Ontario way back called Triumph.

• Klipsch Employees

I will think about selling...I'll pull them all out and make a list. They have been packed away for so long, I am not sure what condition they are in...If there is a forum member in Indy that has a turntable, I sure would like to hear them again...I'll buy the pizza...10.gif

>>As for a trio band, there was another exceptional Canadian band with three members out of Ontario way back called Triumph.<<

I saw these guys on the, IIRC, The Sport of Kings tour. Excellent band. My favorite from them is Allied Forces and one of my favorite songs from any band is Fight the Good Fight.

The funny thing about Triumph is no one ever seems to know what I'm talking about when I mention them. It seems like when they faded out of public awareness they faded out of memory as well, at least with all the people I've talked to off-line.

They're no Rush, though 9.gif

I have to agree that the live version of "What Your Doing" is incredible. For any fan who has all the albums, yet didn't get Chronicles (because you have all tha songs already, you really need to hear that version. VERY HEAVY!

One of my favorites is "Lakeside Park", the lyrics paint a picture in my mind everytime I hear that track. As with so many of their other tracks, the music compliments the mood or feeling that is trying to be conveyed.

IMO, the most talented band ever, and I'm not even Canadian.

I will look forward to the day you publish your list Trey, no need to bring the pizza up here, I'll supply the beer and pizzzzaaaaa.

Edric, I hear you about Triumph, they produced 12 albums from 1975 -1988 in their life span. There is talk of a reunion tour, would be awesome 9.gif

Mike Levine actually played here a few months ago(Edmonton AB) at a club called REDS. He did a radio interview with K97 and discussed the possibility of a reunion.

try this link for info http://rockandrollmachine.net/index.html

*cheers*

"I have to agree that the live version of "What Your Doing" is incredible. For any fan who has all the albums, yet didn't get Chronicles (because you have all tha songs already, you really need to hear that version. VERY HEAVY!"

Just so you'll know, that song was taken from the live album "All the worlds a stage".