Surrender

PYRO

Jim,

I had enormous fear about carpet bombing. A few month ago it was said (don't remember who) from U.S., they wanna urge the people in Iraq with massive bombing to kill Saddam. When people become personally attacked in a hard way they wanna survive and don't think how to kill their (mis-)leader. Hearing this i become very angry.

It's sad for the international connections that the diplomacy today is too bad, otherwise a common way to solve the problem could been found.

I hope for your front troops that they get the support and logistics they need.

Bernd

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bernd, I see where you're coming from, so now I understand why you feel this way. I do recall that comment made awhile ago (don't remember who said it either), that a mass bombing raid would be made on Baghdad to rid the Iraqi people of Saddam and his Generals/Republican Guards. Maybe the Iraqi people and others throughout the world took this comment literally (like you did), and thought that the US and its Allies would just carpet bomb the entire city and its civilian population! I don't blame you for becoming angry.

But that comment must not have been followed up...for whatever reason, that comment was taken out of context. Yes, the US and Britian said they'd bomb Baghdad, but strategically using smart bombs that destroy only its target (an individual building or structure), not a massive bombing raid that would level an entire city to rubble!

You're also right...it is a shame that international connections (the UN and its resolutions) could not solve this whole problem peacefully. But blame all that on Saddam! He had 12 years to comply with UN resolutions to rid his country of weapons of mass destruction...he chose unwisely instead, and now he's suffering the consequences. It's a real tragedy how his people had to suffer (lack of food and medicine) because of his arrogence.

Thank you for your support of all the Armed Forces from all the countries involved with this fight for freedom and democracy for the Iraqi people.

----------------

On 3/22/2003 1:58:13 AM PYRO wrote:

..."Years ago I was stationed in Stuttgart, Germany (1987-89). Even then older Germans (Forced into Hitler's Army) would buy us beers and thank us for what the Allied Forces did in WWII, LIBERATE GERMANY from HITLER. Along with France, Netherlands, Belguim etc."

----------------

Stuttgart...Robinson Barracks? Small world! I was assigned to HHC, 51st Signal Bn, 93rd Signal Bde. out of Ludwigsburg (at Krabbenloch Kaserne, just a stone's throw, or a taxi ride away), from 1983 to 1986. I loved it there; had the best time of my life living in/touring Europe. All the German people treated us great! Was also treated very well from the Dutch...during a REFORGER excercise in Einhoven, the local townsfolk greeted our convoy with cheers and waves with American Flags and flowers as if WE were liberating THEM! Now I know how our soldiers during WWII must have felt. Put a tear in my eye, I'm not ashamed to say!

I'll throw my 2 cents in to,

Like almost everyone, I wish war could have been avoided. However, there comes a point where things can not be peaceably settled. Iraq has had over a decade to disarm. There is proof that he hasn't. This disarmormed was not a US thing, the entire UN decided Iraq should not have weapons of mass destruction. Now, as far as reported on CNN , scud missles are somehow landing in kuwait...Wait a minute, Iraq cant legally, according to UN law, have scud missles...strange.

I love to see other countries complain about America getting involved in things they shouldnt, but wait a minute, they arent complaining when we give them aid, or help them when they're in trouble. Blah.

God Bless our troops, and civilians of any side who are in harms way.

-mkl

ForrestDump,

Listen ForrestGump,you use the same BS used in the 50's and 60's by your idols.

"Marxist Canadian"

LOL

Sure I am Marxist,you dumb worm.Each time someone does not agree with your tunel vision that favors only your interests you label them EVIL and MARXIST.This BS does not work too well anynore.More and more realise who is doing this and less are being brain washed.

I will post where I want,when I want.Its not a brainwashed redneck like you who will tell me what to do.

Now go punch around smaller countries,go bomb them.You will feel like a true superpower.

Forrest you are a genetic coward

Talk to ya later Gump

Be creative and find a better label,Marxist almost sounds good 1.gif

PS To anyone else reading the above,I a ALL FOR SADDAM'S DEATH.Saddam is a blood thirsty dictator who values only his life.His population is used as human shields.

Not trying to be thin skinned here, but using the term "redneck" is quite offensive. Lets look it up, shall we:

red·neck ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rdnk)

n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

A disparaging term. HUMM. What does TheEar call blacks, Mexicans, or the handicapped. The 1st definition includes me and I'm sure others on this board. No, I don't often agree with Forrest's angry rants, but criticizing others for stereotyping while you do the same is quite hypocritical.

----------------

On 3/22/2003 11:44:54 AM jt1stcav wrote:

----------------

On 3/22/2003 1:58:13 AM PYRO wrote:

..."Years ago I was stationed in Stuttgart, Germany (1987-89). Even then older Germans (Forced into Hitler's Army) would buy us beers and thank us for what the Allied Forces did in WWII, LIBERATE GERMANY from HITLER. Along with France, Netherlands, Belguim etc."

----------------

Stuttgart...Robinson Barracks? Small world! I was assigned to HHC, 51st Signal Bn, 93rd Signal Bde. out of Ludwigsburg (at Krabbenloch Kaserne, just a stone's throw, or a taxi ride away), from 1983 to 1986. I loved it there; had the best time of my life living in/touring Europe. All the German people treated us great! Was also treated very well from the Dutch...during a REFORGER excercise in Einhoven, the local townsfolk greeted our convoy with cheers and waves with American Flags and flowers as if WE were liberating THEM! Now I know how our soldiers during WWII must have felt. Put a tear in my eye, I'm not ashamed to say!

----------------

I was at RB and Kelly Brks. 519th SIG CO, 52 SIG BN, 5th SIG CMD.

Flason,

If the shoe fits then ForrestHump shoud wear that shoe. LOL

What do I call blacks, Mexicans, or the handicapped? What would I insult them,I tag only those who deserve special tags.

Dont try to play the race card Flason.Nice try

And why did YOU mix blacks and Mexicans with the handicapped? You may have a problem here

Try harder next time to turn people against me.

Ears, 1st off, I was born and raised in the south. I respect my parents and elders and try to instill good values in my children. I work hard and expect people I work with to give the same effort. I don't believe in bigotry, racism, or hate. These are some "redneck" values you try to pawn off as bigoted and racist. The south isn't all about cross burning and hate crimes. Why did I choose the groups I did? Easy. Race, national origin, and handicap. No hidden agenda there. Just used 3 separate catagories. I'm not trying to turn people against you. I have read many of your posts and think you give a lot of good insight into Klipsch and Hi-Fidelity. You sterotyped rednecks as being like Forrest and I'm a redneck that won't just sit around and let those remarks pass. I have no beef with you, just your remark.

----------------

On 3/22/2003 3:37:50 PM bruinsrme wrote:

It will be interesting to see all these non-supportive countries like France, USSR, Canada, and Germany looking for a piece of the pie when it comes to rebuilding Iraq.

I say Screw those countries let them sit on the side lines and protest.

Scott
----------------

True. I heard from a friend several days ago that if the war was to go on longer than expected (or something along those lines; I'm only quoting what my friend said), then France "may" want to provide troops and/or supplies to the US and its Allies. Colin Powell was rumored to say that if the French were to let their military join the Allied force, it would be like bringing an accordion into battle...it would just get in the way! We don't need you; stay home and protest!

Don't know if that's true or not, but it is funny!4.gif

All aside I wish the fine outstanding men, women, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, and grandparents fighting to help improve the lives of many and that the liberation Iraq over quickly so then can return to their loved ones.

My support and prayers are with them.

Scott

If you're not with the Red White and Blue I have to say screw you......

Scott Carroll

Proud US Navy Veteran (disabled Vet)

US Submarine Force

Proud to be American

Flason,

I do read and take good points,I am no anti American or racist.In fact its good countries like the USA and the former USSR are here to police some tyrants who get out of control.

The sad fact is Iraq's population is taken hostage because of a moron and his two deranged sons.

WTF is your problem?? I DON'T WATCH THE LOCAL NEWS. I WATCH SKY NEWS, BBC, AND CNN. SO STOP COMPLAINING THAT I GET "ALL THIS INFORMATION" FROM THE LOCAL MEDIA.

Secondly, I watched an interview on BBC with Dick Cheney (is that how even spell his name?? Like I care). Anyway, the interviewer asked him that even if Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, they won't even be able to strike America from that distance. Cheney agreed. The interviewer then asked why America is still going ahead with their "war" with Iraq. He replied "Because it's "doable"." WTF??!?!?!?!! THEY ARE ATTACKING JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN?? Why doesn't America attack/bomb North Korea??? IT'S BECAUSE THEY CAN FIGHT BACK. Americans are SCARED of that because they fear death (cowards). They barely have any resistance in Iraq and so they went ahead with their "plans."