ATTN: EVERYONE

Guest Webmaster

MOON

Thanks for the great inquiry!

I am a plastics engineer.

Trained in life by a few very vocal post WWII great uncles(and great uncles(2 on Omaha Beach(please know where this is!), one on a sand bar near Japan in a SUB)).

THINK every day; how all of the world fits in your world!

My area of expertise is automotive thermoplastic parts.

I train people of all cultures to understand the tecnology to develop plastic parts for all peoples of a country to be able to purchase the final vehicle.

Building a product for export is really excellent for the develpmenmt of a country if it can be PROFITABLE long term. But the local constituency needs to be able to buy the end product the community produces. they are particioants in an economy; not slaves!

PROFIT is an ethically good and noble value, when in common practice inn a benevolent atmosphere. China(NIKE, SONY, RCA and too many more to list) and its warped GNP growth profit is perhaps not an ethical objective.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am normally the very first to hype and laud the "unfiltered" nature of this forum, but I must agree with and applaud the Webmaster here.

The political threads have become SO pervasive that it's getting in the way of my enjoyment of the forum (and this comes from one who enjoys intelligent political discussion). Personal attacks, name calling, blah blah blah - without substantive debate. If the members could debate intelligently without personal attacks on other members, I would have no problem with it, but this is obviously not the case.

I was one step ahead of the Webmaster here - had he not shut off the forum, I was going to on my own PC, because this is getting in the way of why I am here. I can get 24/7 war coverage on the boob tube (which has also been on an extended hiatus lately). I was about to deal with it here like I dealt with it on the TV - by shutting it off entirely. Gives more time for 2 channel listening too1.gif

While I do feel that there isn't enough political discussion in general (for too long politics has been a taboo subject, and how can we solve problems without discussing them?) - I just feel that the direction these threads have taken here on this forum make action by the Webmaster necessary.

If in the future the webmaster decides to lift the ban, might I suggest an "off topic" or "forum lounge" for off topic stuff?? Even if the political stuff is banned permanently, I think an off topic area would do a lot to make the board more enjoyable.

Although I generally agree with AudioFlynn's post re: censorship, I guess we all have to keep in mind that none of us have a constitutional right to post "whatever" here. It's Klipsch's forum and what they say goes.

Actually, it's really more of a relief than anything else..........

Yep - I too agree with AudioFlynn's concern about censorship, but since our friends at Klipsch pay for our privaledge of discourse they have a complete right to determine what goes on here. That is a basic tenet of capitalism and I applaud the webmaster for choosing to make his life less miserable and not have to respond to complaints.

I for one enjoyed the views expressed (there was some necessary weeding of the obnoxious) and it does serve to remind us that while we cannot agree on everything there are still common threads - houses, bills, taxes, pets, work and (of course) loudspeakers that make us as much alike as we are different...

All this talk about censorship got me thinking. I personally don't like censorship myself, however, the Constitution does not apply here. The Bill of Rights, which are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution says, in the first amendment, that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.". Please note it says "Congress shall make no law". Klipsch is not the Congress here folks! Klipsch has every right to censor or ban anything that is posted to these privately own forums. If they so desire, they could even ban all that talk about SVS and so forth. However, in the interest of good customer service and good PR, Klipsch has been very good in maintaning a relatively free and open forum here, and for that I am grateful. It was only until things really started to get out of hand did the Webmaster have to step in. Like I said, I don't like censorship anymore than the next person, but at the same time I did not like all the complete and utter crap that was getting posted here and like others mentioned before, I was about to give up visiting here myself. Also, keep in mind that with certain freedoms comes certain responsibilities. The freedom of speech does not give you the freedom to be spouting off at the mouth and calling other people names or making personal insults and attacks (and in fact, you could get in trouble for libel or slander).

Also, there are other forums out there for discussing the war and such. In fact the FredTalk forums have a whole section just on the war. These are the forums setup mainly for the Fredericksburg, VA locals to discuss local happenings and such. If you do particpate in these forums, please behave yourself. If you don't they will come down on you like a ton of bricks there.

----------------

On 3/26/2003 11:11:46 AM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

Now, just to make sure I got it right....

We still get to talk about the great speaker wire war, the capacitor battle, and the tube versus solid state confligration. Correct?

Gil

----------------

LOL

Yeah, I am actually hoping we can still discuss a wide variety of topics as long as they don't turn into flame wars were people are bashing one anohther.1.gif

CC, no the board was made better because a moron Liberal like you didn't contribute. Though the GOP cause was injured. The more Liberals like you talk the more they win elections. 9.gif

Webmaster, notice once again who started the politics. One of the Liberal cast of fools. And on your own thread about conduct on an AUDIO board nonetheless.

I don't think it's censorship.

Here in Germany we have freedom of speech by law. The freedom of speech is also limited, that no other person is disparaged, libelled or takes any disadvantage in his human rights.

I mention this limit is constituted even in your laws.

It's better the webmaster stops here before the police investigate between forum members.

Bernd

Guest Webmaster

----------------

On 3/27/2003 10:32:07 PM cybergeek wrote:

CC, no the board was made better because a moron Liberal like you didn't contribute. Though the GOP cause was injured. The more Liberals like you talk the more they win elections.
9.gif

Webmaster, notice once again who started the politics. One of the Liberal cast of fools. And on your own thread about conduct on an AUDIO board nonetheless.
----------------

I do not want people discussing the war on this forum but even more so, I do not want members personally attacking other members. This is something you especially need to pay attention to!

If you are going to discuss anything, then bring up your points and leave it at that. What you don't do is call someone a "moron" or a "fool" within those posts. First of all, it does nothing to support your side of the debate anyway and secondly, it's something that may very well get you banned from this forum. Those types of comments are exactly why these arguments have gotten so out of control.

----------------

On 3/27/2003 10:13:44 PM cc1091 wrote:

DANG! You mean I missed an important opportunity to discuss politics and a few moronic governmental decisions on this website. Nuts!

Censored once again.
12.gif

CC

----------------

You mean you missed an oppurtunity to contribute to the already piss-poor signal to noise ratio that was on this forum? When it comes to politics - opinions are like @$$holes - everybody's got one and they all seem to stink!

I guess it is time to get a new bumper sticker made for my truck - POLITICS SUCKS!!