Selling my Belles... I said I would give you guys first crack.

m00n

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few moderately well known rock bands that I like--mostly 80's:

Soft Boys/Robyn Hitchcock including The new reunited SOFT BOYS

Guided by Voices - new but sounds 80's

Rain Parade - paisley underground

Mekons - country fried alt. rock

Lyers - garage rock (w/cool organ)

Long Ryders - if you like gram Parsons

Jam -- more popular than others on this list but I've been listening to the box set so I had to included it. Started punk went sophisticated pop

Guadalcanal Diary - REM followers

Agent Orange - surf punk

Neighborhoods - "...the high hard one.." raw power pop

Wonder why 311's "Transistor" album cover shows vacuum tubes?

m00n, maybe I missed the post or thread, but did you indeed sell your Belles already? If so, was it to someone on these Forums?

Keep your premium Reference horns for your HT and music-listening enjoyment! They're excellent loudspeakers, you have the space for towers, and they perform fabulously for both music and movies. Like others have stated, maybe use some of the Belle money to upgrade your components, or for your room.

Listening to Seal: "Human Being" through my Cornwalls...Heritage rocks just as well as any other Klipsch!10.gif

Moon, I seen 311 back in 91 or 92 right before or during there first release, Unity I think was the name of it, it was before they released 311 Music, which In my opinion is the best of all of them. There from Omaha which is 25 minutes from where I grew up, so obviously they were very popular around here. Grassroots is also a great album, especially if your under the influence of grassroots....9.gif

jt1stcav

Yes they are sold and yes to a board member. I am suprised he has not come forward yet and owned up to them yet. I still have not had a chance to crate them up yet4.gif Just had a very busy weekend. Plus I have to put the crate in the back of my truck, the put the belles one by one in my truck then put the crate all the way back together... Not a one man job. I can't do it today because of rain. Looks like it will be rainy for the next few days too.

Reason I need to do it this way is because my neighbor and I are not quit manly enough to huff those heavy baddies into the truck safely without possibly dropping them. I somehow doubt the new owner would care much for that. 2.gif

M00n,

You are right to take your time and do it the smart way for your safety as well as the speakers.

I have recurring back problems because a couple years ago, I hastily decided to unload a pair of Cornwalls by myself. My hand truck had a flat, so manhandled those puppies from the truck inside and downstairs. Pulled back, stomach and groin (ouch!) muscles. Three weeks off work and severe pain! Man, I can still recall each STEP on that road to recovery too.

Oh... damn boy. You just got too giddy about your new babies didn't you... To excited to fix your tire on the hand truck eh or wait for help... See what all that got you? 2.gif

Eh who am I to lecture, I would do the same damn thing. 9.gif

Yea M00n,

I was all geeked to get those babies in and rockin'. Man, did I pay for that stupid mistake! Better safe than sorry, huh.

----------------

On 4/28/2003 7:11:40 PM NOSValves wrote:

Wes,

Look at it this way the 3 weeks off and the Pain killers made you hear the Corns in a entire new light
2.gif

----------------

Craig,

The worst part..I couldn't make it downstairs to the HT room for near two weeks. Just the stairs from bedroom to kitchen level was severe enough....got damn tired of doing that Penguin shuffle too!1.gif

Wes

----------------

On 4/28/2003 7:11:40 PM NOSValves wrote:

m00n,

I have to take my Hat off to you every time you start a thread it just goes on and on kind of like the ever ready bunny
9.gif

----------------

By the time this thread finally ends, m00n will have his HT completed and another child on the way!9.gif

----------------

On 4/28/2003 9:09:42 PM jt1stcav wrote:

By the time this thread finally ends, m00n will have his HT completed and another child on the way!
9.gif

----------------

It keeps going and going and going. 2.gif

You may be right about the home theater, *BUT*, your wrong about the kids. m00n done had the gooders snipped. I can practice all I want but will never be able to makem again. 9.gif

Moon wrote

You may be right about the home theater, *BUT*, your wrong about the kids. m00n done had the gooders snipped. I can practice all I want but will never be able to makem again.

NOW that is why you never liked the sound of those belles, ONCE A MAN HAS HIS GOONERS SNIPPED HIS HEARING GOES TO HELL AND EVERY GOOD SOUNDING HERITAGE KLIPSCH SPEAKER SOUNDS LIKE CRAP.LOL