Have I been screwed?

Craig6519

As most of you know I won a pair of Cornwalls on ebay back on the 18th May. My money cleared through Paypal on the 22, He e-mailed me and said It would take an additional 4 days to clear on his end7.gif So I wait and get no response after several emails. Then on the 29th after a few more ignored emails he says he'll ship on Friday the 30th and advise with the tracking #. Ok call me a worry wart but It's now the evening of the 2nd and no reply yet. He had a lot of good feedback, so I thought he would at least keep me informed on a daily basis. I'm starting to panic, you don't get over 400 positive feedbacks by ignoring people?

Craig

hmm, I dunno, wait for another week and see if anything arrives or if he responds with another excuse. my dads in a similar situation, though he seems to be surely screwed now. he ordered a transformer for an amp he's working on about 2 months ago now, and the base waiting time was supposedly 3 weeks because they are hand wound. so, 3 weeks pass and he writes the guy. he claims that they had been experiencing power outages, and it will be delayed another week. so, a week later, he writes again to see whats up. this time it's problems with the computer system. now he has just plain quit responding. dad's now out 150 bucks and is considering legal action.

Craig,

I'd be antsy, too. Uncommunicative sellers (and buyers) are to me the most frustrating thing about eBay. IMHO, waiting for Paypal to "clear" is BS. Perhaps he was waiting for a transfer from Paypal to his bank account, which can take a few days. It's tough to be patient. Good luck!

fini

I would professioanlly and gently advise seller shipments should be made within 10 days of payment.

If he needs additional time to package the Corns he needs to advise you of the additional time needed.

I bought a french horn from a seller that was not very communicative for $ 800 as a gift for my son.

It worked out but it made you nervous.

I would get his phone number and call him. Contact information is available from ebay when you are a party to a transaction. You'll have to search a bit to get the link, but once you request the information, it will be emailed to both parties immediately.

I recommend that you go easy though. Be aware that people do have lots of problems that come up in their lives, computer, personal, or they just aren't too with it. Speak softly, you'll get much farther that way. It's all a negotiation, even though you've done everything you should have, and he apparently hasn't, it's still negotiating.

I think one of the worst things about this type of situation, is that even when it's all over, you feel that you can't leave the appropriate feedback because you know they will retaliate and give you the same.

Greg

I'll give him until Friday, but I'm seriously getting an ulcer over this. Maybe something in his life did go wrong, I hope not. I just don't understand in that 2 week period he only replied twice to me. I spent a lot of money and I'm really frustrated now. The Military has made me uptight, I need to retire.

Craig

Don't panic- be patient. When I ordered my KG-2.5's, it took a month or more before I finally got them. The seller took about a week or so just to give me the price with shipping, then, I paid... received payment within 3 days, and said he sent the speakers. (dropped them off at a packing place, Mailboxes Etc. I think) So, I wait a LONG time. I think three weeks this time- with no contact AT ALL. Waiting... FINALLY I get an email back saying he was out of town and had just returned, so he would check into the trouble with shipping. He did so and found out that the packing place had never sent the speakers off for shipment. So, he corrected this, and paid the shipping out of HIS pocket. If he visits this forum- I thank you for that- true good eBay seller. After this, I got the speakers (100 pound box) in three days. So- don't worry too much as of yet.

Be patient Craig. It'll happen. My scott seemed to have been lost only to find out UPS stuck it in the corner of Craig's front porch. It took him 3 days to find it.lol I now know how great tubes and cornwalls sound together. Hooked up for the first time tonight and I've been at it for the last 4 hours. It's like listening to all my music for the first time. A month from now you will forget there was ever a problem.1.gif

Gary,

Your amp not being found scared me more than you !! I thought it might of been stolen off my front porch !!

What I really hate is the USPS keeps leaving packages on my front step 10 feet from the side walk. I about steam over every time I come home and find a box sitting there on the step !!

One customer could not find his amp that was delivered to his house. Fed Ex didn't want to leave it at the front dorr so they rigged up a setup and lowered it gently into his back yard over the privacy fence. He found it a day later when he took out the garbage 1.gif

Craig

"I think one of the worst things about this type of situation, is that even when it's all over, you feel that you can't leave the appropriate feedback because you know they will retaliate and give you the same.

Greg"

That is the problem with E-Bay now. People not posting feedback that reflects a sellers performance. Anyone with a smattering of intelligence can easily tell when someone leaves retaliatory(sic) feedback for a buyer. What else can a buyer do other than to pay for the item in a timely manner?

People that leave false feedback deserve exactly what they get, in essence they are lying to other buyers. MO

Keith

----------------

On 6/2/2003 10:12:19 PM NOSValves wrote:

One customer could not find his amp that was delivered to his house. Fed Ex didn't want to leave it at the front dorr so they rigged up a setup and lowered it gently into his back yard over the privacy fence. He found it a day later when he took out the garbage
1.gif

Craig

----------------

I am having a bit of trouble with a purchase I made, that FedEx screwed-up on. The KSP-C6 was only going from LA to just north of SF. Following the progress via tracking number, it first got on a delivery truck in Anaheim. Maybe someone figured several hundred miles was a bit far for local delivery, and it went back to the central place. Then on to Sacramento (lots closer! Oh boy!!). Then on a delivery truck. Then back to LA. Then back to Sacramento. Then, eventually, here. Opened it up, one woofer was broken, and the tweeter driver had clean broken off the horn. Now it's bouncing its way (supposedly) back to LA, so the sender can "verify damage!" What a friggin' joke. Still without my $180, too. I have no problem with the seller, they've been great. FedEx sucks, though.

fini

----------------

On 6/2/2003 10:14:13 PM talktoKeith wrote:

"I think one of the worst things about this type of situation, is that even when it's all over, you feel that you can't leave the appropriate feedback because you know they will retaliate and give you the same.

Greg"

That is the problem with E-Bay now. People not posting feedback that reflects a sellers performance. Anyone with a smattering of intelligence can easily tell when someone leaves retaliatory(sic) feedback for a buyer. What else can a buyer do other than to pay for the item in a timely manner?

People that leave false feedback deserve exactly what they get, in essence they are lying to other buyers. MO

Keith

----------------

Precisely. Well said, Keith. That's why you stay cool and professional (even though you may feel like kicking someone's ***).

fini

----------------

On 6/2/2003 7:11:11 PM Craig6519 wrote:

As most of you know I won a pair of Cornwalls on ebay back on the 18th May.

----------------

I've heard of many bad outcomes from people who have used Paypal. I have not nor will I ever use Paypal.

Sounds like there's something not right here to me. From what I know if you were defrauded your chances of getting your money back from Paypal are slim and none.

Check out these websites and the information on them:

www.paypalwarning.com/legal_actions/

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,90404,00.asp

Hope it works out and you actually do get the speakers.

Tony

Craig,

Why in the world would the seller keep you informed on a daily basis? What does that have to do with his feedback rating? Do you expect this from other businesses you deal with? The most I would think you could expect from a business is to get an acknowledgement of the purchase/payment, maybe a tentative shipping date, and a notice that the item has shipped along with the tracking number. My guess is this guy communicates only when he has something to tell you. Some folks are like that. And some don't have the time to do otherwise. Maybe he could not ship Friday for some reason. Maybe he shipped Monday and has not had time to email you yet. Maybe it hasn't shipped yet for some reason. Could be any number of innocent reasons.

BTW repeated emails could backfire. One is good enough. Maybe a followup a few days later. Too many could irritate the seller and slow down your shipment instead of speed it on its way. I know I have been swamped with mission critical tasks at work at times and received repeated emails about some trivial (to me) matter and though "What the f*ck does this Bozo think I do all day?"

FWIW by far the majority of eBay sellers are honest. Some communicate better than others. Sometimes sh*t happens that slows things down. I once had a transaction take what seemed like forever to completed because the buyer had to leave the country unexpectedly because of a death in the family. My guess is things will work out just fine. Sure hope it does!