post pictures of your components...NOT SPEAKERS

prodj101

----------------

On 6/10/2003 8:03:49 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Cut-Throat ...

Dang, is the a 9' 3-piece Italian slate? Sweet :) Slate and Klipschorns is about as good as it can get. I'm making a mental note for the "next house" :)

Chris,

This is a 3 piece slate - But it is a called a 'Pro 8' - 8 1/2 feet. And I did not have proper corners for the Khorns so I opted for the Belles instead.16.gif

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes JT, I am digging the Shimicks out of the amp, I just bought the Yes-Symphonic live DVD and am digging that. And Annie Lennoxs new album came out today! (I have a review of her posted at barns and noble for the Medusa album by the way.)

I finally registered the stingray! I do have a question though, I am thinking about using a Boston Acoustics 12 powered sub with the La Scalas and the stingray, what do you think the best way to hook it up and try it out?

Rigma, you must be my long lost brother. What a setup. Great thing about Crown is it's here for the long haul. I've had some of mine for over 20 years. From the pix, I could see a crossover, what kind and how do you have it set up. Take care. Hamish

Chris,

I sold the Stingray to Dave (davmar) and actually am using my Yamaha M-85 SS-I know its unheard of on this board to go back to SS after tubes but my Yamaha does it for me all around.

The Stingray made the Journey all the way from Massachussetts to Alaska without a hitch (thank God) and is still mated with Klipsch.

Dave,

Not sure about using a Sub with the 'ray maybe others here will chime in.I do know Manley offered a sub-out option for this amplifier.

I would post this question to the Manley web page as they were more than helpful when I had any questions pertaining to their products,quick replies too.

Jeff

Myhamish, I think you are refering to the Crown USM 810 which is a digital crossover, time delay, and EQ. It has 8 inputs & 8 outputs which can be combine in any way you can imagine. I use it as a crossover to Tri Amp my horns and the time delay to align them also. It has many selectable crossover types and slopes. I use the Crown RTA real time analyzer to set it all up. It sounds fantastic, especially the bass with the DC 300II in mono driving the woofer with about 24" of 10 ga cable. As you know this amp has a very high dampning factor. I highly reccommend the USM 810, it has been flawless. You can also store many different setup configs and switch between them for A/B comparisons.

MB

here is my bedroom "stack";

McIntosh MA6400 integrated amp

Philips CDR-775 dubbing recorder

Sony TC K620 Cassette deck

Not shown;

Creek OBH-11 headphone amp

Speakers: Klipch RB-5, Grado SR-80 headphones

Monster Cable M550i all interconnects

Van den Hul D-352 Hybrid speaker cables

regards, tony

post-3687-13819247697292_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/11/2003 4:49:11 PM rigma wrote:

Myhamish, I forgot to mention the USM 810 is programed via a PC and the only changes made at the unit level is the ability to switch between pre programed setups.

----------------

Thanks for the info, Rigma. I made a file on your system and put your notes and pix into it. ( Also got one started for if and when I make a Klipsch center channel ). I bet your system sounds superb. I'd really like to hear it. A long time ago, when I was into the KEF stuff, I was triamping with the 3 Crowns with the VFX2A doing the high pass cross and a dbx subharmonic synthesizer that had a crossover for 120 hz. doing the bass. I ran that until I got my set of Heresys and still have the subs from that setup.

Anyway, enjoy. We agree that Crown and Klipsch makes a great combination. Take care. Hamish

P2141398_b3.jpg

This is my simple, straightforward system now, compared to all the other systems I've owned in the past. My 50 watt Mac with my 24/96 CD player is the best setup to date with my vintage Cornwalls! I do miss most of my previous gear (other amps from McIntosh, Carver and SAE, my tube preamp, my Denon/Sumiko turntable/MC cartridge combo, Nakamichi cassette decks, and my DIY subwoofer, etc.), but this particular arrangement is truely awesome sonically! Very dynamic, with superior, pinpoint imaging. I've reached my musical nirvana thus far with this classic system, and couldn't be happier.

To view my previous audio components, go to "Odds and Mods" and click on "What's left of my audio system".

post-11084-13819247697852_thumb.jpg

Here's the skinny..2000 Technics SA-AX6 Receiver..1978 Pioneer RG-2 Dynamic Range Expander..1980 DBX-120X Subharmonic Synthesizer..1985ADC Sound Shaper SS315X Equalizer..Radio Shack APM500 Power Meter..1982 Teac X1000Rbl Open reel/DBX noise reduction..ADC 1600-DD Turntable/ADC ALT-1 Tonearm/ Ortifon OM5E Cartridge..and a pair of 1985 Klipsch Fortes.

post-12600-13819247699922_thumb.jpg