You won't Believe this!

tubenube

In my quest to find an affordable phono cable to use with a tonearm upgrade I ran across 'Aural Thrills', a company that makes various audio interconnects. They sell them on eBay as well from their website:

http://www.auralthrillsaudio.com/

I need a (rather hard to find) phono cable with straight DIN connector so I contacted them and they offered me a straight DIN -> RCA phono cable for $100.

Sounded good so I ordered one. First of all what I received was constructed well enough but looked more like a DIY project than a cable from a 'company'. More importantly, while I'm sure the parts/materials are of good quality it is pretty stiff for a phono cable and would thus intefere with the suspension of my (Oracle) TT. What I need is something like this (but with a straight DIN):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040273501&category=3283

Because of this I asked to return it for the reasons above and (after being told "I feel like you have wasted my time") was told to send it back and I would receive a refund.

Later that day I also received an email that my desire for a flexible cable was based on a 'false assumption' and that "Assuption is made of two things, *** and uption."

Further I was informed "As for flexibility, I am very aware of the design goals of a tonearm cable. I have made literally hundreds of these and you are the first that does not think it is flexible." as well as "As Chet says, I don't think that you get it. Buy one that looks good because that seems to be what you need. Best of luck."

(I have no idea who 'Chet' is... ;)

Even later that same day I received another email from them saying (and I quote) "Do you know the meaning of Audiophile? Are you that stupid? Do you make your audio decisions on what you have read over what you have heard? You are a looser. Don't bother me with you infantile ideas again."

I replied telling them I didn't appreciate being insulted and would be returning the cable Monday. This morning this was in my mailbox:

"You are an IDIOT. HOOK IT UP AND LISTEN!!! I have a Van den HUl Colibri Cartridge, Graham tone arm, fully suspended VPI TNT Turntable. This equipment is easily ten times better than the crap you are using and guess what? I use the exact cable that I sent you. You are stuck on an assumption and will not give it up. Have you ever taken any logic classes? When you start with a false assumption everything after that is true. It is a false assuption that my cable is too stiff. I will repeat that I have sold HUNDREDS of this style and everyone loves them. I have never had one returned. I am sorry to say that this was a special order cable and will not be returnable under my return policies. Aural Thrills Catalog Your package will not be accepted with out an RA number. Best of luck. "

And with that they have blocked my email address.

This has GOT to be the most unprofessional company (?) I have ever dealt with, period..

So fair warning to anyone thinking of purchasing anything from Aural Thrills.

What happened to quality customer service?

I smell a lawsuit brewin'...

That is no way to run a business. Obviously, the owner has serious issues.

I petition that NO ONE do business of any kind with these a$$holes! Spread the word on how they conduct their return policies/guarantee just because a customer is dissatisfied with their product.

Don't stand for this kind of treatment!

"You will also find that a small company like Aural Thrills will be much more attentive to customer service. I sincerely care about each customer and their satisfaction. We make each and every product by hand and will not allow any substandard products to be shipped. My personal reputation is on the line."

Yeah...right.

• 5 years later...
Guest David H

A freind of mine has an Aural Thrills 300b amp, overall the amps sound good, but when I removed the amps bottom cover to switch the impedance to 4ohms, I found the amp output connectors are out of phase. I found this rather disturbing, but what is worse is the soldering is not acceptable. I cant bash the design, because it sounds really good, but I dont think I would reccomend his products.

Attached is a picture of his tube interconnects, which I personally tested and found absolutely no merit to this unit at all.

post-24405-13819427806846_thumb.jpg

"You are an IDIOT. HOOK IT UP AND LISTEN!!! I have a Van den HUl Colibri Cartridge, Graham tone arm, fully suspended VPI TNT Turntable. This equipment is easily ten times better than the crap you are using and guess what? I use the exact cable that I sent you. You are stuck on an assumption and will not give it up. Have you ever taken any logic classes? When you start with a false assumption everything after that is true. It is a false assuption that my cable is too stiff. I will repeat that I have sold HUNDREDS of this style and everyone loves them. I have never had one returned. I am sorry to say that this was a special order cable and will not be returnable under my return policies. Aural Thrills Catalog Your package will not be accepted with out an RA number. Best of luck. "

This has GOT to be the most unprofessional company (?) I have ever dealt with, period..

Man! What a bunch of d[8]cks! I'll be sure that I'll never ever do business with those clowns.

I wonder if it is to late to put a stop payment on your credit card against them! [6] If not, I would seriously consider it.

This is the same company that makes that ridiculous turtable platform box with the little inner tubes inside. Years ago I tried one, that was back when he was just getting started.

http://www.audio-ideas.com/backiss/winter-2004/rega-tweaks-3.html

The product totally sucked and was ill conceived imo, but he did take it back without any argument, that was maybe 4+ years ago before he apparently went off his rocker as an audiophool. Maybe we all should say we want to order something like his custom 300B stereo tube amp, then the next day tell him, never mind because word on the street is that he sucks bigtime.

There goes his 100% feedback rating!

Think I will stick with the likes of Juicymusicaudio and NOSValves and the others here with real integrity. Hey are we spoiled around here or what. Its a cold cruel world out there sometimes.

C&S

In my quest to find an affordable phono cable to use with a tonearm upgrade I ran across 'Aural Thrills', a company that makes various audio interconnects. They sell them on eBay as well from their website:

http://www.auralthrillsaudio.com/

I need a (rather hard to find) phono cable with straight DIN connector so I contacted them and they offered me a straight DIN -> RCA phono cable for $100.

Sounded good so I ordered one. First of all what I received was constructed well enough but looked more like a DIY project than a cable from a 'company'. More importantly, while I'm sure the parts/materials are of good quality it is pretty stiff for a phono cable and would thus intefere with the suspension of my (Oracle) TT. What I need is something like this (but with a straight DIN):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040273501&category=3283

Because of this I asked to return it for the reasons above and (after being told "I feel like you have wasted my time") was told to send it back and I would receive a refund.

Later that day I also received an email that my desire for a flexible cable was based on a 'false assumption' and that "Assuption is made of two things, *** and uption."

Further I was informed "As for flexibility, I am very aware of the design goals of a tonearm cable. I have made literally hundreds of these and you are the first that does not think it is flexible." as well as "As Chet says, I don't think that you get it. Buy one that looks good because that seems to be what you need. Best of luck."

(I have no idea who 'Chet' is... ;)

Even later that same day I received another email from them saying (and I quote) "Do you know the meaning of Audiophile? Are you that stupid? Do you make your audio decisions on what you have read over what you have heard? You are a looser. Don't bother me with you infantile ideas again."

I replied telling them I didn't appreciate being insulted and would be returning the cable Monday. This morning this was in my mailbox:

As I was reading your post I was thinking that there is no way that this freak is going to give you a refund. You should have about 90 days to dispute the charge with yoru credit card company. Definately dispute the charges, why make this a$$hole's life any easier?

Guest David H

I didn't realize when I posted that this thread was 6 years old, but I did want to share my experiance about this company so other members may be discouraged from heading down this path.

"Silver Tone Arm Cable

This cable is made for tables that have a five pin connector at the tone arm. It features a Cardas five pin connector which is among the finest that you can buy. The internal wiring is composed of four strands of solid 99.999% Silver wire utilizing a virgin Teflon dielectric. This pure Silver wire conveys all the detail that Phono3.jpgyour cartridge can reveal and provides a smooth, tight bass. The highly conductive properties of Silver are absolutely essential when dealing with such miniscule voltages. A grounded shield is provided for both runs. Right and left channel are separated to insure a pristine signal. Length is four feet long.

Our cable features Aural Thrills Audio exclusive solid Teflon Rca connectors with Copper conductors. Most connectors are made of Brass. Brass is not a good conductor. After all, it is just Copper with many impurities. Our connectors feature an Oxygen free C-101 copper center pin and a pure Copper return strip. NO BRASS. These connectors compare to the $50/ea. WBT Nextgen's. The result is a cleaner, more lively sound.

Compare this cable to any out there and you will find that it is a great deal at $199. It comes with a thirty day trial period with a no questions asked return policy. Please see complete details at policies. Please remember that due to the very small voltage levels, this cable takes an especially long time to burn in.

Price $899.99*"

[:|]

I'm in the wrong business......

I didn't realize when I posted that this thread was 6 years old, but I did want to share my experiance about this company so other members may be discouraged from heading down this path.

Its all my fault. As soon as my post appeared it automatically made the thread 6 years old. I can't help this, and I don't know what to do about it.

Its back to the future. Rip van Winkle needing a shave......

Shouldn't HornEd chime in here at any moment?

-Quipped and Snored

Its all my fault. As soon as my post appeared it automatically made the thread 6 years old. I can't help this, and I don't know what to do about it.

Its back to the future. Rip van Winkle needing a shave......

Shouldn't HornEd chime in here at any moment?

-Quipped and Snored

No, Mobilehomeless will chime in with a 20 page thesis in every thread.

I will repeat that I have sold HUNDREDS of this style and everyone loves them. I have never had one returned. I am sorry to say that this was a special order cable and will not be returnable under my return policies.

He's sold HUNDREDS, but this is a special cable??????? What a load of [bs]. Thanks for warning us about this shyster.