Updated pics of m00ns r00m of b00m

m00n

So, I finally got off my duff and decided to take some new pics of my theater... Here they are. They are also posted on my site. One thing that I would like to point out is that I still have a few minor construction tweaks to do. I have not even started the decor work yet. So, no it will not stay this black room forever.

I am only providing links because I am trying to be kind to peeps using modems. 2.gif

Front right to left

Front left to right

From center Seat

Front to back 1

Side View 1

Side View 2

Great Job m00n! All that work is paying off; I hope the sound is what you want also. For decoration, here is what I did for mine.

P.S. The shot is actually the Fox theatre in St. Louis where I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble right before the tragic day

post-11688-13819248836816_thumb.gif

LOL.. The center dot... Well, I took a picture of it up close but it didn't turn out so I didn't post it, but it's non other than a Bullsh*t button. 9.gif Compliments of Klipsch.

Thanks for pointing out that I need to update that page to reflect my RF7 center and the room size is about 10.6 feet wide and about.... Well now after the construction about 22 feet long. I need to update my web page to reflect that change too.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! It's only going to get better looking from here. I have taken most of the summer off from working on it because we have had such a busy summer and all. But come the rainy season I am going to get back to working on the decor. I think I posted it on my web site, but I am going to go for a simplistic elegance / modern look.

Fish... yeah I know I know I know.. I been saying for months I would post some new pics. 4.gif

Oh and the seats? I got of ebay for I think a total of $35.00 a set I think. I think I paid less than $400.00 for the cost of the seats as well as shipping. They came out of a theater in Colorado. Oh man I have put a lot of work into those also. I have had to scrub, scrub, scrub, paint, peel off gum ect. ect. The fabric is still kinda dingy on some of them but about 95% better than they were when I got them. My wife would not even sit in them until I cleaned them. Lucky for me we have a carpet cleaner with a hand attatchement which came in very handy. But I still had to get a scrub brush out and manually scrub the fabric.

Yeah,m00n,it's a very professional looking job, & I'm glad to see that the seats worked out so well.I'd guess that your new center channel blew you away on the first movie you watched with it.What was its' maiden view(I probably missed that thread)?

SSH

----------------

On 8/22/2003 10:35:32 AM ssh wrote:

Yeah,m00n,it's a very professional looking job, & I'm glad to see that the seats worked out so well.I'd guess that your new center channel blew you away on the first movie you watched with it.What was its' maiden view(I probably missed that thread)?

SSH

----------------

Thanks.... As far as the center. Well, I got my RF7 center durring the time when all my gear was taken out of the theater, it had been months since I had even listened to it. So basically I never got to do an A/B comparrison.

As far as maiden view? Oh... I'm *THINKG* it was Star Wars Attack of the Clones. Most likely that is what I would have spun. Even though I can't completely recall what it sounded like with the RC7, I can tell you that having 3 identicle speakers up front is nice... 10.gif

I am interested in your learnings:

#1. More detail on your opinion of the RC7 vs RF7 center would be of interest...especially given you seem to have a narrow front (how wide). If this is such a great idea why don't speaker vendors promote the idea? I'm asking...it seems this forum loves the idea...I certainly wish I had three Cornwalls instead of a Heresy center.

#2. Don't you want a comfy chair in the theater? One of the many reasons I like my HT vs the real cinema is that I can sit in a comfy chair with my feet up. I like those HT seats that recline and have cup holders.

#3. Does having two sets of surrounds help one person or is it mostly for the back rows?

All you need is a ticket stand and a flash light with a big handle.

----------------

On 8/22/2003 1:13:31 PM kjohnsonhp wrote:

I am interested in your learnings:

#1. More detail on your opinion of the RC7 vs RF7 center would be of interest...especially given you seem to have a narrow front (how wide). If this is such a great idea why don't speaker vendors promote the idea? I'm asking...it seems this forum loves the idea...I certainly wish I had three Cornwalls instead of a Heresy center. Oh the room 10.6 feet wide.

#2. Don't you want a comfy chair in the theater? One of the many reasons I like my HT vs the real cinema is that I can sit in a comfy chair with my feet up. I like those HT seats that recline and have cup holders.

#3. Does having two sets of surrounds help one person or is it mostly for the back rows?

All you need is a ticket stand and a flash light with a big handle.

----------------

kjohnsonhp

1) I would love to give you more insite on the difference in sound, but as I mentioned, it was too long of a time frame from the time I had listend to the RC7 and the time I had put my gear back into the room with the new center to recall. 4.gif. Reason I did the upgrade was because I wanted to have a perfectly matched front array.

2) Yeah, I know what you are saying about the seats but that would have been more money than I wanted to spend at the time. I would still love to have better chairs and perhaps I will some day. But when I was in the decision making process, I chose to go with something less expensive so I could put the money elsewhere. Plus, my wife thought it would be cool to have real theater seats.

3) A bit of history here... Originally I had one row of side surrounds. They were in alignment with the only sofa I had in the room at the time. I had some friends over, I had to get out the ol trusty fold up lawn chairs. We sat behind the sofa. When listening to surround affects, the surround affects sounded as though they were dissapearing before it even got to you. Knowing that I had a long room and could have at least 3 rows of seats, it seemed to be a good idea to add an additional set of surrounds. Now, one might say that considering they are WDST (is that right... WDST) it would put too much into the room and possibly cloud up the sound... However, I have found that NOT to be the case. It will even be more so not the case when I start adding my decor as it will be cloth which will damping the room a lot. The only row that my be subjective to sound affect loss would be the last row, but even that still has great sound.