Klipsch cornwalls

silversurfer

Hey guys I see the 79 cornwalls on ebay and guess what only 45 mins. from my place. Like I posted earlier there is a pair waiting on me in rhode island and thay are 71 cornwall II's with vertical midrange and tweeters in teak wood finish and smoked glass tops that fit on the tops. They are in mint shape and have the cane colored grills on them with the pie logo's still on the backs of the speakers in little plastic bags. They are beautiful and he wants $1300.00 for them and I have to pay shipping around $200.00, so what is the better deal, I was always told the vertical cornwall II's are more desirable and the will hold there value more than the regular ones. Pleasse help me make the right move guys.

regards,

the surfer

It's only money... go with the vert drivers!

Actually, why not take a drive and listen to the 79 Cornwalls? I think this is the most reasonable next step in this tough decision. 45 minutes could be all it takes.

$1500 is not cheap but I have seen them go for higher. My Wright Sound 3.5 buddy paid this much with shipping and another forum member got up to $1800 for his pair. Too much? Perhaps. But they are speakers costing much more with less capability.

I would head to hear the 79 but not rule out the Vert driver models. Personally, if I had the ducats and really wanted some pristine CW, the vert driver models sound great and a chance that doesnt come around too often. It's a lot of money and you decision; no one here can make it. OF course, you might find these 79 all you need... But teak verts? Those 71 might even have the Alnico bass driver!

Then again, some Khorns just went fo $1000! heh....

kh

If it were me, I'd go for the Vert Cornwalls. If you have the money it is the better speaker and because of the rarity it is priced accordingly.

The imaging will certainly be better. You will not regret having them. Edster has a pair and loves them.

- tb

Hi- I found out from the Seller, in NC.. that he is keeping his Cornwalls. His wife heard them, and fell in love with them, so he is rearranging his living room...... just thought someone would want to know. (that was the acution w/ the original boxes.)......

----------------

On 9/1/2003 4:51:46 PM fini wrote:

I continue to search for the Diagonal version. For now, I will be content listening to my plain Cornwalls with my head tilted.

fini
----------------

Yep..... " not a dimes worth of difference".

I own both the verts & the horz......My neck gets sore.....

Terry

• 2 weeks later...