BEST SONG TO HEAR ON UR KLIPSCHES

dtximages

It all sounds good to me, but something that shows off the left to right separation and detail is the track on Rush Moving Pictures that starts off with the chimes bouncing left to right and then kicks into a serious drum attack (YYZ?). Many of the tracks off Michael Jackson's Bad, very well recorded. Sade Diamond Life is a good one as well, Def Leppard Pyromania, Madonna The Immaculate Collection, man I could go on and on with this one. It depends on your listening tastes I suppose.

Doctor My Eyes by Jackson Browne

Toward the end it builds up, then cescendo, Jackson's nasal vocal, individual bass guitar noting and drums.

If you can pick each one separately, good song.

Alternative: Also Sprague Zarathustra, better known as 2001 theme, spelling may be off.

----------------

On 9/25/2003 1:06:27 PM clspruiell wrote:

IF I WANTED TO SHOW THEM OFF TO SOMEONE. WHAT SHOULD I PLAY??

----------------

That's an easy one... something THEY LIKE ... 2.gif

All joking aside, familiar music always shows their potential much more than something unfamiliar.

I played Al Hirt's "Cotton Candy" Sunday for my 75YO father-in-law Sunday. It is his favotite album and he has worn out his copy on cheap stereos over the years. He was in heaven.

The copy he heard is his Christmas present. Don't tell him it's a suprise.

Best demo? Telarc's direct to disc 1812 Overture. If your TT/cart can track the cannons and your speakers can make them real without blowing up the amp. Man, you've got the system!

Rick

Something they like is a excellent suggestion. Of course that might be hard to anticpate unless you know them well.

Golden oldies is not a bad second. They may have heard them on substandard systems. It is amazing what you can hear on a horn that was heretofore down in the grunge.

I like Symphonic Star Trek on Telarc. Everyone has heard the music before but mostly on the little old speakers in a TV.

Mr. Builder and I like Loggens & Messina. For him, it is House at Pooh Corner. For me, And be Free.

Gil

Well I cant find the Telarc 1812 but i figured that since i started this thread i should add my opinion. Heres several:

Madonna Immaculate "Vogue"

Michael Jackson Hisory "Heal the World" "Come Together"

Celine Dion her whole new album AWESOME and "All By Myself" "#11 on white album BASS IS INCREDIBLEEEEE

Pink Floyd "...Brick in the Wall" really loud is best as always

Bon Jovi "Bed of Roses" at the end of song it slams thru the back wall

Alantis Morrisette "Univited"

Poison "Something to believe in" great quality rec.

Elton Johns ONE NIGHT ONLY live is incredible. End of Rocket Man will test the depth of ur sub. turn ur woosie subs off, this one is only for the big boys. The DVD is in DTS and FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND is the best song ever. YOU MUST BUY THIS DVD

Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir is absolutly amazing. I played this one in a high end store and had the guys stunned. The songs "Halleluia" and "How Great Thou Art" are the best.

Britney Spears "Satisfaction" is a killer. suck it up guys, you can listen to her cuz shes hot and she makes my klipsches sound great

Maria Carey "open arms" bass rolls hard and her voice is perfect for my horns

Fleetwood Mac #5 on thier newest live cd. Great drums and strong kick drum

Eva Cassidys version of "Bridge over Troubled water" lowest friggin bass ive heard in normal music in a while. instrumental with sax. AWSOME SONG you have to go get this one. I dont know if eva cassidy did this but thats what the file is called on imesh. someone told me that....

Ill think of some more later. All of these are must haves

Cry of Love(band)-brother cd,its a band I may never have heard of but my son had their cd.I have dvd audio disc,sacd,several mobile fidelity gold disc,this is about the best,most dynamic recording I have ever heard(hard to believe its redbook).I always use it to show off my set up,and always get a WOW.

Another trip to the library today (I'm addicted!). I found a whole box filled with ELP lps. As always, everything was 50 cents each. I agree they have some wonderful recordings and while I already own many of their lps, today I picked up about 10 in beautiful condition including the one mentioned above. I even bought 2 or 3 copies of their 1st lp since they were so nice. Trilogy is one of my favorite lps of all time although they didn't have any really good copies today. I have a couple good ones at home anyway. I even got a couple Keith Emerson solo lps. When Keith Emerson switches from piano to synthesizer, watch out! Great to play on the ole klipsch!1.gif

----------------

On 9/26/2003 1:46:14 PM clspruiell wrote:

Which song is it that Keith Emerson switches from piano to the synth?

----------------

On Trilogy, the first song has 3 parts and at one point he is playing the piano then SLAMS into the synthesizer. Always makes my car rattle due to the difference in volume.

The song: The Endless Enigma

Also, listen to the song Triliogy. Both of these are incredible. Unbeleivably talented trio!