The Power and Glory of Stereo-40...my Cornwalls will have to embrace it and my McIntosh will despise it!

jt1stcav

Lord, another DOn post World View~point. I hate to be particularly pointed on this heavily celebrated day of birthdays and anniversaries... but amazingly enough, I have never read a single post penned by you in either Klipsch forum or AA that I remotely agree with, this includes audio as well. My advice on all fronts is to quit painting your walls shock RED...

kh

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BigBusa,

Have to agree with mobile here.

One question for you though.

Why is it that you pick out a relatively small part of the California Budget to solve a major budget problem? When you're running a 12 billion deficeit, you either have to do some serious cutting or raise taxes.

So far all the Big tax cutting guys do is borrow more money to give tax cuts. I have never seen one of them do any serious cutting - Both Reagan and 'W' are guilty of this.

Let's see what Arnold does.

----------------

On 10/8/2003 10:28:47 AM mobile homeless wrote:

abe would have been a democrat (and a movie star)

----------------

He was a movie star. I saw him in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." That took place in San Demis, California BTW.

Not to change the subject or anything.9.gif

I hope to hell your posting of that link was a joke... Man. That is PERFECTION #1 of the exact mindset that is bringing the US into the mire in which we currently reside. Leave the country and get some perspective of how we appear. Actually, better yet, read and listen intelligently and achieve the same thing.

Lord, it's painful.

Last summer while in Italy, I got into the habit of saying, "Oh no, I am from Quebec" out of sheer embarrassment.

kh

I know you're a smart guy but you aren't that high above everyone else that we don't understand your comments. The US has issues like everyone else. I prefer ours to the alternative. I don't know about you, but I consider myself pretty damn lucky to be here and you don't seem to be doing too badly yourself.

I think everyone here is proud of our country and basic concepts upon which it was founded and continues to operate. What can be embarrassing is that we are considered the tourists of the world, in the worst sense. Even in our own country, we act like tourists!

The recall got rid of a milquetoast (sp?) personality, with significantly lacking politcal as well as governing skills. It's a mess that initially was personally bankrolled by a smarmy greaseball, but it turned out that voter engagement was much higher than in the recent past. Californian voters at least got involved with politics for a change.

----------------

On 10/8/2003 12:32:07 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I prefer Mencken's term: "Boobus Americanus."

You have a PERFECT grasp of the "illegal" immigrant workforce here in California. The economy DEPENDS on this labor and very, very few will admit it. ----------------

Allan,

I think you hit the nail on the head with your second statement.

In regards to mdeneen's post, even with all you stated what does it say that every year illegal Hispanic and Asian immigrants by the 100's of thousands still risk their lives to come here. Believe me, I've heard some horrific stories told to me by young (15-17 yo) kids, not to mention dozens of young and older women. Although I must admit I don't know where you came up with the tie-in between this election and illegal immigration. If it was my quote about drivers licenses, I can tell you that every Hispanic citizen I know personally (for the record - I speak Spanish, have worked in East Los Angeles for the past 20 years and have fairly close realtionships with hundreds of Hispanic and Asian people through my job) was/is against the issuance of licenses to illegals. That being said, on the surface it (giving of CDL's) still sounds like the fair and decent thing to do seeing as how these people deserve more than they get considering the enormous contribution they, as a group, provide to California and the nation. The question remains, who's going to pay for it? Will the NASCAR Dad-Soccer Mom-Limousine Liberal-White Flight-Education Foundation-Costco/Walmart shopping citizens foot the bill? I doubt it. For now they'll just keep going to Costco/Walmart in their SUV's and imported sport luxury cars where the employees make $10.00-$13.00 an hour and more than 2/3's of the them don't get (or cannot afford) healthcare so we can pay perceived lower prices that we believe will allow us to buy an even bigger gas-guzzling, traffic jamming, accident causing (usually while we're on the cell phone) SUV or higher end import sport luxury car. This time with a DVD player/screen and navigation system.

This is GREAT discourse,

Chris

----------------

On 10/8/2003 2:16:28 PM mobile homeless wrote:

I cant wait for the next PURELY ALL-AMERICAN REFRAIN heaping with irony:

USA! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

----------------

I thought that's what Dean meant by "LOL9.gif"

fini