Klipsch forum...

the_highlander

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Topics like this can be related to Hotmail and Yahoo mail.

Companies provide a large number of users with a FREE, no charge, service with uptimes well over 98%. Yet during that very small time were an outage exists would swear the world has come to a stop. I find it hard to believe that some place such a high priority on these services. I am glad my problems, responsibilites and priorities are not as pressing as bitkhing about a free service not being available for a short amount of time.

Scott

----------------

On 10/29/2003 9:55:00 PM m00n wrote:

highlander...

you may have gotten a better response had you posted your frusterations in a nicer manor.

----------------

I don't see how highlander living in some big fancy house would have changed things.

fini

----------------

On 10/30/2003 1:22:07 AM the_highlander wrote:

now, I know some of you are afraid to openly criticize Klipsch (and you know who you are) just because this is a Klipsch board...so don't lie to yourself and stop giving me all of those bull**** stuff...fanatics and cult leaders are all alike...to hell all of them
7.gif

----------------

Finally someone willing to tell the truth. We are all very much afraid of the Klipsch 'Gestapo' like tactics and spend many sleepless nights cowering in fear that our experience as a Bose owener many years ago will be discovered and that our family and relatives will suffer the results of that becoming an open public disgrace.

I am on your side Highlander - regardless of the type of house you live in.

P.S. The above is very similar to sarcasm and irony and is specifially intended as a flame. My apologies to anyone that saw it differently...

----------------

On 10/30/2003 1:22:07 AM the_highlander wrote:

mOOn, just in case if you haven't notice I have never complain about any software issue here ever...don't just read my posts between the lines...

Ear, who says I am a Krell fanboy? just because I own Krell gears doesn't mean I am a Krell fanatic...I am ready to criticize them if I don't like anything about them...the same goes for Dynaudio, Eggleston, Jadis, McIntosh, Wegg3, etc...I don't adhere to any brand...lets face it, nothing is perfect...and Klipsch is no exception...and tough if any of you don't like what I said...

now, I know some of you are afraid to openly criticize Klipsch (and you know who you are) just because this is a Klipsch board...so don't lie to yourself and stop giving me all of those bull**** stuff...fanatics and cult leaders are all alike...to hell all of them
7.gif

----------------

Hello:

To note: a chip went bad leading to the need for the mother board to be replaced. Then unfortunately all information did not get transferred leading to another down day.

Both came to me via the webmaster.

That said, you secondly ask what you said that was regarded as caustic, well calling someone or something a "bastard" is a start.

The English language has many words which can be utilized to show agitation, irritation, unhappiness, rage, etc.. There is not the need for bastard and similar degrading comments, such as this is the worst board until you know it was directed at you personally.

There were two (2) days during which I could not access the Forum. I made no post until now, save for a thank you to those that worked as fast they did to repair three (3) major problems.

Now that you know the situation, don't you feel that it might be better to inquire as to whether there was a problem or problems, the severity and what it took to fix the problems?

If there is something else in your life that is troubling you and you are takinh it out on the Forum access, perhaps you could share and a solution could be found to the real problem.

Win dodger

Hello Again:

Before I am accused of sucking up to Klipsch, please go back to posts where I have criticized their QC, the use of vinyl and plastic on a Reference line speaker, the "profit hungry" tact since they left the Hope HQ, the inability to get a plastic horn for a Heresy II, The going to Best Buy and how that could hurt Reference Line sales for those that do not study the lines fully.

When I listed equipment in my sig, I noted a pair of Paradigm Mini-Monitors and a Paradigm PDR 10 sub-woofer.

As with any popular site, there are also times when it is too busy to get online there. Is that the problem of the company? NO

Do we pay a fee for access, a posting fee, a search fee? NO

Does Klipsch limit the number of times per day one may access the site or dictate how long we are on? NO

Now not being able to access may be your server's probvlem. But to make a blanket statement as you first did and the drop to calling someone or something is out of line for a person that should have the ability to first question the reason and to find words in the English language that only reflect........

dodger

Guest Anonymous

I have only been on the forum since 10/23 but have found this forum(klipsch) to be the most responsive, helpful, caring and ingeneral the bomb best people to get help and feedback from anywhere.period.

thanks to all you klipsch lovers

BIG SMILIN10.gif2.gif

I've now been a member of this forum for 242 days which means I've averaged about 8.6 posts/day. Yes I need a life but that's not the Klipsch Forum's fault. Rarely have I been denied access.

I've visited many other audio sites recently and none, I mean NONE compare to this one. We don't always agree with each other and we don't glamorize all of Klipsch's products all of the time.

Those unhappy with this forum can hit the road. The rest of us would greatly appreciate it.

I haven't noticed the Klipsch site to be any more unreliable that others. Perhaps the problem is somewhere between you and Klipsch. There is a lot that can happen in between that can make your connection unreliable without affecting most of the rest of us. A little reconfiguration of your browser might make things more reliable if that is the case.

ok, so I was exaggerating a little bit in the first sentence of the opening post...and the rest was just to poke fun at Klipsch...why are you people being so overly sensitive...

I have been on many boards in the last few years and I don't have much problem accessing those boards but I do have more difficult accessing this board especially of late...and this aint got nothing to do with my browser or software...

so if I can access 10 boards on a regular basis just fine and have trouble accessing this board then it aint me...

Well I guess it is time I weighed in. The Klipsch Forum is not all that unrealiable. Hell I have belonged to some forums that are down almost everyday for some reason or another. I have belonged to some cyber communities that I actually paid to be part of go down for weeks at a clip. So the Klipsch forums go down once in a while, So what? I am far from a Klipsch flag waiver. I have a problem right now with a very expensive Klipsch speaker that should of never had a problem. And as it turns out, this is not the first time that this particular speaker of mine has had this problem and as far as I am concerned it is due to a design flaw. It will cost me 120 bucks to fix but are you going to do?

Stuff like this happens thousands of times a day to thousands of different companies accross the globe. Do I think Klipsch has cut corners on their most recent products? YES I DO. I think Klipsch has cut corners even on their older products ie: Vinyl coverings on Reference series speakers, would of been nice to have the option of African Mahogony on the surrounds and center to match my main speakers. Klipsch is just like any other company out there my friend, they are interested in the bottom line as the next guy. Do I think Klipsch speakers out perform most other speakers in their price catagory? YOU BET I DO! I think Klipsch is a awesome company and I enjoy their products. Ever hear the old saying "Can't see the forrest because of the trees"?

----------------

On 10/30/2003 3:46:50 PM the_highlander wrote:

ok, so I was exaggerating a little bit in the first sentence of the opening post...and the rest was just to poke fun at Klipsch...why are you people being so overly sensitive...

I have been on many boards in the last few years and I don't have much problem accessing those boards but I do have more difficult accessing this board especially of late...and this aint got nothing to do with my browser or software...

so if I can access 10 boards on a regular basis just fine and have trouble accessing this board then it aint me...

----------------

Hello:

Looking at the number of posts you have made, we really don't know you well enough to know a complaint from a "Joke."

If you look at how long I have been a member, I can count maybe six (6) times maximum that I could not access the Forum. That includes the two (2) days for repairs.

You had a caustic attitude that you state was a joke, read between the lines etc. Truly, when do we know when to take you seriously regarding a complaint?

If it ain't your browser, I've got webtv and that is not the most reliable in some sites.

But the point is you made a blanket statement, without knowing or asking for the reasons for the problems you stated, and in not the most graceful terms. The Moderator does not change words or give a warning very often.

If you have a sincere problem, voice it without the caustic and the words removed. Someone would be glad to help.

Win dodger

"Do I think Klipsch speakers out perform most other speakers in their price catagory? YOU BET I DO!"

well, I don't...but that's just me...and you're entitle to your opinion...

"Looking at the number of posts you have made, we really don't know you well enough to know a complaint from a "Joke.""

well, there are some here that know me very well, very little and even not at all...and they don't act in a frantic manner...and they CAN all tell if it is a joke or not...

----------------

On 10/30/2003 4:30:51 PM the_highlander wrote:

-------------------

the_highlander wrote:

Klipsch forum is the most highly unreliable board I've ever seen...perhaps they can't afford their own server...and even if they can, they can't afford to maintain the server...if they use a provider, chances are they never pay the provider on time and even skimp on the payments...maybe they afraid it will cut into their profit and put a big hole in their fat pocket...what's the point of having a forum that is down every few days

-------------------

well, there are some here that know me very well, very little and even not at all...and they don't act in a frantic manner...and they CAN all tell if it is a joke or not...

----------------

Yeah, silly me, I can totally see how that sounded like a joke. Gee what was I thinking.

Just stop it... You sounded like an (trey: butt), you know you did, stop trying to back peddle. Be a man and fess up. You indeed were bing an (trey: butt). Nobody here buys your crap.