300B PP Monoblocks

Deang

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine has the manley "snapper" fairly impresive sound if i do say so.

I've been watching and reading several articles for the past few years about manley and there company goals. She's a cool lady , pair of tube amps stuffed into the top of her bedroom closet for late night listening.

There talking about breaking into the "HT " market with a multi channel tube amp !!!! That i'd like to see 3.gif

EveAnna is definately a woman to be reconed with...a mountain climber, Harley rider, and a photographer! Didn't realize that the majority of her business is in pro studio sound, and not in consumer high-end tube gear. Regardless, she sure knows her tubes (think her dad developed Ampeg guitar amps).

Maybe these guys could cook up something.

"Three pairs of SE300B monoblocks built by my SETUP friends in Manila using the JEL SE300Bdx circuit, using high quality iron from Japan - Tango NY15s permalloy, Tamura F5002 Amorphous and Tamura F7001 permalloy. Since the power transformers used were Angela Universals, these amps also saw duty with 2A3 power triodes."

JEampsRP2.jpg

post-10956-1381925058655_thumb.jpg

I really think this is a compelling pair of monoblocks and might go for a song here. These amps sold for near $8000 new. Each amp has twin 5UG rectifiers and dialable feedback with a choice of speaker taps. The mere flexibility would be major fun. I would consider this a neat amp to try at this stage of your quest. And because of the raves, would not be hard to sell.

kh