In Shock over comparing ChorusIIs with RF-7s

norcuron

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean,

You are like a surfer chasing the sine wave from the balcony overlooking the beach.

I tolerate digital.

The fatigue of jitter and poor mastering are more dibilitating than W&F and a little bit of surface noise.

The offer of the free TT still stands.

Get on board and catch the wave...

I've been looking at TTs -- they give me the creeps for some reason. I suppose I will eventually break down and do it -- Lord knows I just don't have enough aggravation in my life right now.

I have CRS -- what "free" turntable. Does it come with the motor?9.gif

to refresh your memory...

Dual CS 508 belt drive

with 40 hours on a new Ortofon needle.

cover is a bit ugly.

it was so cool i had to buy the JA Michel after 2 weeks to hit high end.

Also the record cleaner is MANDATORY to enjoy vinyl.

Dean;

Hendrix on virgin vinyl?

The digital cannot reprodcue the passion.

==============================

The W&F; pops and clicks excuse seems like an old lame Sony marketing bit.

Anyone that has entered or resurected vinyl in the past 5 years has stayed with the format from what i know.

----------------

On 2/1/2004 1:53:13 AM DeanG wrote:

Quit picking on the Klipschcones -- at least they don't make that kazoo sound.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/download.asp?mode=download&fileID=29901&sessionID={63D2D6EF-0AF8-471B-B1B2-02474DDBDCCD}">

----------------

Look at that cerametallic jewel, aint she a beauty13.gif

my TT is collecting dust (along with about 300 LPs)...dean, if you want another free TT you can have mine as well. The only reason I keep them is because I have some recordings not yet available on CD.

While I lament bad sounding CDs (those early releases can just kill ya!) I tend to not blame the CD. I have begun to enjoy CDs much more since I invested in jitter reduction, upsampling and a higher quality DAC.

I have also found that there are some great sounding CDs out there, better mastering, etc. can get the most out of the CD format. The newer the release the better the sound I find.

on second thought maybe I should work up to a trade? someone want about 200 LPs and a TT for a trade? a nice quad of 2A3s? Cables and tubes?

I like tube amps but LPs and TTs do not "light my fire".

regards, tony

Those ridiculous "fishing lure" woofers alone would keep a person of taste away from RFs. The RFs are an affront to good taste in looks and common sense in design. Klipsch seems to be the only company that thinks it's a good idea to run a big woofer up to over 2khz, not a unavoidable compromise mind you but a good thing. Ridiculous. And UnKlipschian, historically speaking.

Take them back and keep the Chorus speakers. If you want more then what Chorus has to offer get into LaScalas ot Klipschorns. You can pick up a pair of used LaScalas for less then that. If you don't like them you can sell them for what you paid for them or maybe more.

Dean,

Did you ever put the RF7 next to a Klipschorn and A/B them? You can't compare a speaker by memory. If you A/B them and can still say what you did there must be something wrong with your Klipschorns.

----------------

On 2/1/2004 1:01:50 PM TBrennan wrote:

Those ridiculous "fishing lure" woofers alone would keep a person of taste away from RFs. The RFs are an affront to good taste in looks and common sense in design. Klipsch seems to be the only company that thinks it's a good idea to run a big woofer up to over 2khz, not a unavoidable compromise mind you but a good thing. Ridiculous. And UnKlipschian, historically speaking.

----------------

Thank you "person of taste",now if I could just get you to come over and pick out my underwear.Let us know when you're REALLY king of the world,so we can revolt.9.gif

I would like to again thank everybody for their input on this thread. I took the RF-7s back to Good Guys today. I thought they were very nice speakers and played tons of stuff through them. It came down at the end that I was not willing to give up my Chorus IIs for them and will probably look at other components in my system to consider upgrading at least for now. I have never heard the lascalas or corner horns in a correct set-up so if anybody in Oregon has a good set-up let me know. I would love to hear them...I also travel to eastern WA so that would be a good spot for a demo.

Mark

Ah c'mon guys, lighten up a little.

What's probably closer to the truth is that because of where I have my Klipschorns, and how I listen to them -- is why I think the distance between the two (RF-7 and Klipschorn) isn't miles apart. I do have a fair amount of room behind my chair, but I am forced into the short wall setup. It sounds great, but certainly more speaker than I really "need" in this area. In a bigger room, there is no doubt the Klipschorns would dust the RF-7s -- but most people don't have really big rooms, and I think the RF-7s do real well in these rooms. Sorry, but they do sound great.

I don't know, maybe my new Klipschorns do suck.9.gif

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=29916&

post-3205-13819251845368_thumb.jpg