Personal attacks

Dflip

----------------

On 2/9/2004 3:07:48 PM alotaklipsch wrote:

----------------

On 2/9/2004 2:37:25 PM kuisis wrote:

I think he took his medicine and turned into alotofklipsch!!

----------------

I hope he's not me, ishe
3.gif

----------------

Nope - pretty sure he's not you. I checked with all the 'mes' (except for the accountant me - I'm irritated at his delays and excuses for not doing my taxes yet) and they all profess to not be FL - although two of me are really untrustworthy. For the most part I believe them, so I am sure it isn't me either...

I remember (when I was mutch mutch younger) In south St Louis. There was a bag lady called BROADWAY ROSE. I was shocked one day she was sitting in the living room at my grandmothers house. It seems Grandma new her family very well. Broadway Rose really wasnt that bad looking under her exagurated makeup & CHA CHA type clothing. She wasnt nuts either. Spoke 4 languishes. She just didnt want men hitting on her & new this was a good putoff. I have always wondered what happened to her. Some BAG people can be nice when you find out who they are

so why are we feeding on ourselves?? what is the purpose in insulting each other and chasing members away?? this thread starts on the subject of personal attacks, dale chimes in and suddenly gets dumped upon.....is the irony lost on anyone?? granted, and as i have said in posts asking for help (some with no response whatsoever), i don't know squat about audio...but i am here trying to learn. As naive as it sounds, i assumed others were here to share what they know, exchange ideas, and learn abit as well. Tom Brennan, unless our collective fecal matter is aromatic, i do not think it serves us well to chase people like dale away. patrick mccarthy

As a mid term contributor; sometimes people need to be called on the carpet. It should be done tasefully. Points awarded for style.

I have about 28 years in audio and have some significant nearfield live music listening expeiences.

I get tired of very few forum participants:

1. people who are arrogant

2. people who obviously overstate their knowledge

3. People who post and do not own Klipsch

I would never go and post to a McIntosh forum. They sound cool, but I do not know a darn thing about their components in my system configuration. Only in audio store demos with ML, B&W and RF-7s.

I have 3 active pairs of Klipsch in the house.

And used industrial Heresey's in the past.

I do not flame people much; I am generally too tired.

50% of the time I never sign in; just read.

Rick

----------------

On 2/9/2004 9:27:21 PM st. patrick wrote:

so why are we feeding on ourselves?? what is the purpose in insulting each other and chasing members away?? this thread starts on the subject of personal attacks, dale chimes in and suddenly gets dumped upon.....is the irony lost on anyone?? granted, and as i have said in posts asking for help (some with no response whatsoever), i don't know squat about audio...but i am here trying to learn. As naive as it sounds, i assumed others were here to share what they know, exchange ideas, and learn abit as well. Tom Brennan, unless our collective fecal matter is aromatic, i do not think it serves us well to chase people like dale away. patrick mccarthy

----------------

Exactly my point ! I'm no expert myself, thats why i come here.

Why don't we ask mr Brennan what his post said " before " he went back and deleted the parts that made dale leave.

I happen to have E-mailed dale today on another matter and know what was said.

The moderators of this forum would have kicked you off in 1 second if they had got wind of that post.

To hang out on the Klipsch forum is like a box of chocolates.

Yep. They are usually sweet, but every now and then you'll get one with a nut in it.

Apologies to F. Gump

BTW, Dean, are you sure the FLK isn't really one of your alter ego ID's on the forum?

There were times reading his posts that I was thinking, nobody could be this obnoxious without trying. Just in the hope of getting under someone's skin.

mOOnman, I sit in awe of your verbose verbosity2.gif Generally it is a fun place to hang until the little one awakens with a fire alarm. Sometimes the fire starts here on the forum. When some people start getting worked up, I try to magine them *****ing at each other naked, but I got too grossed out.

I have to stroll over to the Baywatch site now, where the fights are better and the imagination can run freely, unchecked by beer guts and hairy backs!

McCarthy----I didn't chase anybody away. Dale attacked me, though not by name, about something from several days ago. He didn't have the sand to handle the counter-attack, acted the drama queen and left in a huff, as Groucho said I don't care if he left in a taxi.

By the way I didn't say he was a poster boy for stupidity. I said he was a poster boy for the degeneration of this hobby. And anybody who "knows" enough to spend $275 on patchcords but doesn't know enough to check them first when his system buzzes IS a sign of the degeneration of the overall technical knowledge of the people who enjoy this hobby, I mean cmon McCarthy, that's pretty Goddam basic. Can you imagine an audiophile from 35 years ago, when lots of audiophiles got started building Dynakits, Heathkits and their own speakers, not knowing that?

TBrennan

You are way out of line regarding Dale Walker.....

Dale may not measure up to YOUR standards regarding knowledge of the probable location of the Holy Grail but he went way out of his way to try to help me when I was seeking a pair of Khorns. What have you done to help a fellow member lately ?

Lighten up boyo !

I've read enough of your posts to know that you have much to offer .... That does not however give you licence to piss all over those of us who apparently lack your degree of sophistication in all things audio.

The last time I looked...A little competitive spirit in this forum is expected ...even encouraged... but personal attacks are not welcome in my book.

----------------

On 2/9/2004 9:49:24 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

I get tired of very few forum participants:

1. people who are arrogant

2. people who obviously overstate their knowledge

3. People who post and do not own Klipsch

----------------

I can certainly understand the first two, but I don't think I'd go so far as to get tired of folks that post on here that do not own Klipsch. There are some legitimate reasons why somebody that doesn't own Klipsch may want to post on here. Say for example, somebody stumbles across a pair of Fortes at a yard sale and want to ask a question about them to see if they are worth getting. There are couple of folks on here that do contribute valuable knowledge that do not own Klipsch. Now, I do get irratated if somebody comes on here for the sole purpose of trying to start $#!+ with the other members. I wonder how many of you remember the little fireworks show that erupted in the General Questions section last spring when that one dude posted on here about his Paradigm speakers?