Ripped off! Scott 299 on EBay!!!!!

jorjen

I purchased some speakers on JAN 25TH from ebay and I have yet to see them. I will say that the seller has been answering emails but has always got an excuse. I do realize that the weather plays a part in our northeast ebay folks lives. I do have a fedex tracking number and should rcv speakers tomarrow. Wife wants me to sell a set. I went from none (except puter klipsch) to Cornwalls, Fortes, and KLFC7 plus Heresys. I keep explaining that we need to enjoy our time at home and good sound will help us do that. For some reason she calls me stupid. Well, I still have a Bose Accoustamass (SP) system in the house that needs to be replaced then she can call me crazy. I told her she could divorce me as long as I got the klipsch. I think she got the maddest about me drilling a hole through the wall.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

Wife wants me to sell a set.

...she calls me stupid

...she can call me crazy

...she could divorce me as long as I got the klipsch

...she got the maddest about was me drilling a hole through the wall.

----------------

Counseling is near. Counselor will probably be a woman. She will side with your wife. Frankly, I think your wife is on to something. Wanna see my storage room?

----------------

On 2/11/2004 7:57:30 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

----------------

Wife wants me to sell a set.

...she calls me stupid

...she can call me crazy

...she could divorce me as long as I got the klipsch

...she got the maddest about was me drilling a hole through the wall.

----------------

Counseling is near. Counselor will probably be a woman. She will side with your wife. Frankly, I think your wife is on to something. Wanna see my storage room?

----------------

I'd like to see it!9.gif I'm still waiting for my invitation.2.gif

Most of the advice you got here is good. One other thing that I have been doing is making sure that I can make email contact before paying for an item if it is expensive. At least that way you are sure that you the seller is not out of town, capable of reading email and aware that you won the auction.

The guy mailed me on Wednesday and said he sent it out "about" a week or so ago. Once again, he states that he has found the USPS the best way to ship this type of item6.gif. I am now convinced that this guy does not know what in the Hell he is doing. Oh, and the phone number that I got from EBay is a cell number that does not work.

6.gif6.gif6.gif Ooooh Jorjen,.. I feel for you. I had one of those too. Even the shipping address where I had to send the postal money order too was different from the advertised ebayers address. I saved his address for a future visit. My next trip to Road Island will be an interesting one. My deal was for $1200.

I'd give it at least through the weekend. USPS may be slow or temporily lost it. I just got an e-mail from a buyer (in Canada) looking for his DVDA that I mailed last Saturday.

At least he's responding to your e-mail. I would have been more nervous if he wasn't responding to e-mails.

I won the auction on my amp on Nov 2, 2003. Just arrived last Friday. Talk about worried.

Give it a little more time. Don't forget that e-bay gives you 90 days to leave feedback, plenty of time to get this resolved.

Gilbert,

Man, I guess I should not complain. You were stung much worse. Sorry to hear that. But, my deal is not done yet. I kind of feel it is going to show eventually, trying to stay positive(mostly because I feel bad for the way I am hammering this guy in my emails to him)hehe. You are going to have one heckuva good time in RI! This guy is going to freak. Never in a million would he expect a visit from you. Could you videotape the encounter so the rest of us could enjoy it too? 2.gif. Good Luck!

Strabo,

I am figuring to give it until Wednesday. You are right about the emails now, but I originally posted because he did not respond to my mail for almost 2 weeks from the date he got the funds. That was my initial reasoning behind getting uptight.

A friend of mine got a Canon GL1 from someone in New York. Paid by money order. This was right before Sept. 11. The seller always had an excuse. He finally bought from someone else. He lost $1800 on the deal, had filed with Ebay, the New York Attorney General's Office. nada!

But there is always hope.

Marvel

jorjen,

I had a seller from DC with slow response on an amp about a year ago. Turned out he was a federal agent and was sent away suddenly on assignment. I think that anyone who is intentionally trying to defraud wouldn't be answering email.

Things I've always done before sending more than pocket change... a) exchange emails and talk on the phone to get a feel for attitude and personality B) ask for address and compare it to the one ebay has on record c) confirm address through online databases d) if you can get info about where he works, call and ask to confirm employent as if he were applyng for a loan. A real person with a life he has a lot to loose.

Jorjen, don't worry how much you hound this guy. You entered a deal with this guy with the rightful expectation of prompt receipt of goods. If he was unable to deliver in a reasonable amount of time, he should have notified you up front. The shipping method that he used was moronic. I would definitely sweat the guy and don't leave positive feedback. Make sure you warn the next guy. I would not buy from him and would appreciate the warning myself. Good luck!

Brad

----------------

On 2/13/2004 11:58:01 PM jorjen wrote:

jtice,

Good points, definitely helpful. The way I have been hounding this guy, I hope to Hell HE is not a Fed!
2.gif

----------------

I would only bid on a big ticket item if it was close enough for pick up. Drove to Houston to get my La scalas from near memphis. Took a while to find a set because it seemed like most were in Ca or NY and too far to drive on a weekend. Small items I have been lucky with usps money order.

Well, I kind of feel like somewhat of an Ahole now. The Scott arrived today(Feb. 14),it was shipped USPS on Feb. 3rd. just like the guy said it was. But, c'mon, 11 days to go from the midwest to California! That is kind of pathetic if you think about it. Anyway, have not opened her up yet to take a peak, but when I do I will report back.

Glad things worked out. 11 days seems like a long time but that's probably more common than not. In over 300 eBay transactions, I have only had two non paying bidders and I have never been upset with a seller. If you check things out, (in ways described in this thread) it can be a great format to buy and sell. Anyway, you're going to love the 299 and, please, provide a review when you have had a chance to listen.