Trip to Indy II

Trey Cannon

• Klipsch Employees

Ok gang here is the scoop.

I have had a few folks email me asking if we are to host another trip to Indy for the Klipsch Fans.

The answer is yes.

At this time we have no dates or plans other than the tour of the Indy offices. We will have rooms set up so you can hear some of the new products we have going. (Yes John, we can do the wire test again) We can run some test in the chambers and other geeky stuff like that. We are open to suggestions, but what we get to do will depend on how many sign up to come. One thing is for sure; we will have a good time.

It has been a real blast for me to put a face to the name and voice. I have made some good friends and hope to make more.

So, visit amongst yourselves and lets work out a date .I will start it out saying sometime after school is out for the summer.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YA HOOOOO!!!! COUNT ME IN !!!!!!

Trey - Just post a date and I will schedule around it.

I had a blast last year. You guys who are on the fence, JUST GO YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Steve M, I drive my convertable down to Indy, maybe I could pick you up in Chicago and we could smoke cubans with the top down on Hwy 65 all afternoon.1.gif

JM

Yes Yes Yes.... Looking forward to this as well!! Count me in too.

For the uninnitiated... One of those things you have to experience. It was so great to meet faces you have chatted with on here and see where they come from in person. And for the ladies, Indy is a great city... If she even wants to bring the kids we have the worlds largest Childrens museum, and great shopping and places to eat too. I know my wife had a blast last year. She now understands good vs better vs great audio after a afternoon too. (She didn't do everything that was planned but had a blast.)

Keep me posted too.

Give it a few years, and count me in! I don't have the money for a trip like this, and I am not old enought to rent a car, and I have a feeling the drive from Reno, Nevada to Indiana would be gruling.

However, a cheap hotel, McDonald's, and the like would make that aspect affordable.

Just make sure to post pictures!!!

----------------

On 2/13/2004 11:34:57 AM trey cannon wrote:

...visit amongst yourselves and lets work out a date. I will start it out saying sometime after school is out for the summer.

----------------

Last year's was June 20-21, the 3rd Friday-Saturday in June, seemed to work out OK. Saturday was the tour day.

----------------

On 2/13/2004 11:34:57 AM trey cannon wrote:

Ok gang here is the scoop….

I have had a few folks email me asking if we are to host another “trip to Indy” for the Klipsch Fans.

The answer is yes.

At this time we have no dates or plans other than the tour of the Indy offices. We will have rooms set up so you can hear some of the new products we have going. (Yes John, we can do the wire test again…)
We can run some test in the chambers and other “geeky” stuff like that.
We are open to suggestions, but what we get to do will depend on how many sign up to come. One thing is for sure; we will have a good time.

It has been a real blast for me to put a face to the name and voice. I have made some good friends and hope to make more.

So, visit amongst yourselves and lets work out a date ….I will start it out saying sometime after school is out for the summer.

----------------

Count me in too! I found tooo l8 last yeat I definitely wanna makeit. Heck I'm less than 2 miles from youz guyz. Plz LMK when!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace, mitch

O.K. I propose June 18 - 20. The 18th is Friday.

I'd also like to propose we get to Indy early Friday for a gathering at the Hotel. Last time, some people brought their Klipsch speakers and an amp or 2. This time I'd like to see several setups and the time to listen to them, sort of a small Klipsch fair.

I also want to request some of you with the more exotic Klipsch, like Shorthorns, Rebels, KGs, CFs, etc. bring a pair for us to listen to.

I will try to work up a deal with the hotel, again, and maybe get another room or 2 without beds for the demos.

Of course I'll make every effort to be there. There is some chance I have a trial and can't make it. But such dates get moved around.

One thing to consider is that the projected date is close to Father's Day. By some standards a Hallmark Holiday. OTOH, it is a potential conflict for family people.

Gosh, this could be great. Some of us could haul in a lot of hardware to demo.

Gil

I told my wife that I wanted to go to Indy this summer she's OK with it but, I will need to bum a ride with someone from RI or who passes through RI. Indy is too far for me to drive alone with my health. We could even take my Expedition it holds up to four comfortably and still has a lot of room for gear.

Rick

----------------

On 2/13/2004 7:03:31 PM John Albright wrote:

This time I'd like to see several setups and the time to listen to them, sort of a small Klipsch fair.

----------------

I plan on flying, so I don't know how much I can bring, if anything. If I was to drive it, I was considering throwing a pair of RF-5s in the back of the car and take those out.