'93 La Scala's BIN $880

Ctiger2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/18/2004 9:42:45 AM NOSValves wrote:

People are nuts !! I can't believe someone blew out the $800 BIN on these. eBay is *&%D*()T)_

----------------

No doubt..there was a pair of RF3's BIN for 399.00 and somebody bid on em and is now up to 480+

..should of just used the BIN..what an idiot

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078268027&category=14993

I already did. I had to make a quick decision on the deal in case he does it, but I have mixed feelings about not having my Belles as right and left mains. The sound of the two are so close. However, since my HT is all black, the three black La Scalas would be very nice. My wife will kill me, but maybe I'll just keep all of them!!!!

Mine are black also. Not my favorite finish by any means, but they are mint and the sound is unbelievable. I got them because of proximity and how nice they were.

You can live with black if you have to. I had to pay almost twice as much as that BIN that disappeared. What a deal. I hope the seller pulls them for you. Good luck.

The lights should be out in the HT anyway. So what if they are black, right?

Mark1101,

In my case, Black is perfect for my HT. Look at the link on my sig and you will see what I mean. The room is deep red with the wall supporting the gear and screen all in black. The Belles "stick" out a little due to the finish. Let's see what happens. Maybe I'm crazy for considering the LaS over the Belles purely for looks in this application.

----------------

On 2/18/2004 12:24:35 PM Piranha wrote:

Rudy,

That's a beautiful setup you have there!

----------------

Thank you very much. We truly enjoy both music and video. The seller doesn't want to close the auction now, so we'll have to wait and see what they go for. It's not like I have to have them. After all, they would replace the Belles for asthetic reasons only.

"The seller doesn't want to close the auction now"

Looks like he wised up. He probably seen what they've been selling for, big$$$$. I'm sure they'll go over a grand.

Rudy, that is a fine setup you have! Those LS would be nice in there. Maybe move your Belles to the rear. Are you into SACD at all? If not, it would be a waste for the Belles to be relegated to rear duty. Maybe you should just sell them to me! 9.gif

----------------

On 2/18/2004 1:45:16 PM Johnny dB wrote:

"The seller doesn't want to close the auction now"

Rudy, that is a fine setup you have! Those LS would be nice in there. Maybe move your Belles to the rear. Are you into SACD at all? If not, it would be a waste for the Belles to be relegated to rear duty. Maybe you should just sell them to me!
9.gif

----------------

Thanks, it has turned out rather nice. I do listen to SACD quite a bit. As a matter of fact, yesterday I was listening to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Tommy, both very well done multi-channel recordings. The Heresy sides are working very well with SADS's. I am amazed at how much information is sent to those side speakers in the mentioned SACD recordings. I won't pay more than $880 for those since the reason for buying them is only for the color.

On the off chance I get them, we'll have to see what to do with the Belles. In my experience with DVD's and SACD, I don't think I would want the effects speakers at ear level. I prefer the speakers higher than ear level as described in the Dolby web site for speaker placement.

space_cowboy:

Please don't make any decisions on my bidding or not. I really don't need them, so knock yourself out. This auction has 6 days to go, so no rush in starting to jack up the price. I beleive there are currently 3 pair of La Scala's listed.

Good luck.

----------------

On 2/18/2004 9:02:02 AM fini wrote:

Someone (most likely NOT the eventual winner) has bid the opening $680, and now there is no BIN feature. An interested party from here should contact the seller ASAP, and maybe cut a deal. Hurry!!

----------------

The current high bidder is the same jack that ran up my Cornwall vertical price! If your going to bid on these wait and use a sniper service. The current bidder is a wannabe.