Klipsch in your car??

There are so many companies out there that specialize in car audio, it would be tough to break into in the first place without some MAJOR advertising push and well connected dealers. Other high end companies have done it in both factory offerings and aftermarket, but they have generally had more of an electronics background than speakers, i.e. McIntosh, Nakamichi, etc.

Personally, I think it would be trying to put 4 pats of butter on 12 slices of toast; spread too thin, no one's happy. Keep doing what you do well, and expose more people to that. 1 pat for 1 slice.

I would love a set of KLIPSCH for the Silverado. Infact my wife told me a month ago that i should look into getting some for it. That thought she had heard an advertisement for them. Had my hopes up for awhile. Then Klipsch could get into speakers for the business jets that i work on. A little speaker that goes in an area about 6X9 runs about $500 and 10 per plane they could make some money.

I would much rather tell someone that i have Klipsch in my ride than even to mention bxxxe. Bill

In my high school days a friend of mine had a killer system with the best Alpine deck, hooked to Zapco processors and amplifiers and 4 Klipsch Heresies in his custom van. Talk about incredible! Pink Floyd's The Wall sounded absolutely fantastic in that thing. I had Heresy's in the back of my Mercedes 240D when I was in the USAF stationed in Germany since there was space to mount speakers in the rear deck (gas tank was right under it) I had a Nakamichi TD-500 deck, with an Alpine 3015 Computer Eq, and a Carver M240 power amplifier feeding them. It rocked! With the windows down and sunroof open it sure raised a few eyebrows. Crusing at 200 kph on the Autobahn jamming was real fun!

i have a 51 khorn in the back of my 88 saab 900 turbo.

Well really Im just picked it up from the shipper and I am storing there for a few days until I make some room in the house for it. I thought of hooking it up to the car sytem. A few years a go i had some hearsy in the back of the saan that i was transporting to the cape for the summer.

i did hook them up to the power amp and they sound real nice for the long ride.

I've got a pretty nice car-audio set up. very musical, not your typical thump-thump bass cannon setup. Klipsch Horns would sound awful in a car. there just isn't enough open space. Cars have very odd acoustics--keep this in mind.

Klipsch could probably make good speakers for car use-but, without horns would they really be Klipsch?

the car audio best ofs are as follows, but not necessarily in this order....(depends on what "kind" of sound you like)

Dynaudio --a good all around, but doesn't excel in one particular area

FOCAL UTOPIA series --incredible mids

MB QUART (Flagship line) The best Highs--very precise

and to a lesser degree--

Mcintosh (VERY pricey but that classic Mac sound...)

SUBS:

JL Audio--almost no competition for this, these subs are the best. period.

(I guess HSU makes a good car sub too, but I haven't heard it yet)

Amps:

well..there are some very high level high end amps out there, including Mcintosh, I don't know the greats in this subject...they get very expensive....and at a point its only about power--SPL competitions and such.

----------------

On 3/6/2004 12:52:59 AM RFinco wrote:

Dynaudio --a good all around, but doesn't excel in one particular area

FOCAL UTOPIA series --incredible mids

MB QUART (Flagship line) The best Highs--very precise

----------------

Yes, Dynaudio and Focal Utopia's are some of the best sounding car speakers I've ever heard. Some comparable ones are Boston Acoustics Pro Series, and Oz Audio.

----------------

SUBS:

JL Audio--almost no competition for this, these subs are the best. period.

----------------

You've got to be kidding me. JL Audio is good, but Eclipse aluminum or titanium series, or Image Dynamics will eat any JL for lunch. They are FAR from being the best.

----------------

Amps:

well..there are some very high level high end amps out there, including Mcintosh, I don't know the greats in this subject...they get very expensive....and at a point its only about power--SPL competitions and such.

----------------

McIntosh like you said, plus some others like Xtant. Expect to pay nicely over $1000 per amp, which usually come in a 4x75 watt variety, or a 500 watt monoblock that can be bridged.

----------------