OT: what kind of car does everyone have?

Rdmarsiii

Ah! the days of sporty cars is over for me for now, the arrival of my daughter 2 1/2 years ago drastically changed our vehicle choices.

2003 Pontiac Montana Ext Version (all options) (Great for picking up large heritage speakers)

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - My go to work car, winter beater, and dump run car. It's older but in very nice shape (very sturdy & safe!)

Cars I up until recently had (all long gone - trade in's)

2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT, with performance parts (American made junk!)

1995 Buick Riviera (Nice Coupe - Very Comfortable)

1994 Chevrolet Camaro (Lots of mods to engine & suspension, killer audio system IASCA winner!)

1988 Honda Accord Lxi (Had lots of miles but with a few performance mods - it was fast)

Someday I will get a sporty car to tinker with but right now the audio system takes up all my extra cash.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/12/2004 10:39:47 AM Klipschfoot wrote:

I am actually a snail. I know you may not believe it but here is my car story.

I bought a new Z300. But I took off the "Z" and painted a big "S" in its place.

Now when I cruise down the road, people point and say, "Look at that S car go!"

9.gif

----------------

So that was YOU!9.gif Never heard that one before.2.gif

Guest Anonymous

<----------------

[/blockquote>

So that was YOU!9.gif Never heard that one before.2.gif

----------------

Gary, it was a joke in Trading Places, one of my all time favorite flicks2.gif9.gif BTW thanks for everything, things are still hectic, but getting better!!

Oh, got rid of the Bimmers, 740 Il x 2, M3 convertibles x 2, but now land rover discovery 2001, and 2001 honda oddesy

Not as much fun BUT I do believe I will finally get my 1970 GTO convertible turbo 400 loaded mint this summer9.gif

The wife's "baby" is a 1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra in Laser Red with only 19,000 miles on it.

I drive a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Premium. It's red. I enjoyed my first Sport Trac (that I'd leased) so much, that I decided to buy this second one when the lease was up on the first.

-Picky 2.gif

CAR: '89 Z24, Tubocharged w/Hurst Shift, Racing ECM.

My future motorcycle: Buell S3T, 1800cc dispacement (1200 original), racing suspendtion, Racing ECM, custom injection curves, various extendsive engine mods and an asshurting corbin seat. now. 158HP 160FT/LBS of pure torque, unfortunately and overhaul every 3000 miles.....:( Can't wait til I get my liscense!

----------------

On 3/12/2004 10:20:03 AM kenratboy wrote:

hwatkins: where did you get a 2.6? Is it a 2.3 or 2.8, or a stroked 2.3?

----------------

Nope - it is a 2.8l - my bad typing is the culprit. I'll have to get the years straight, but beginning in 1997 the first available six was this M52 2.8l version from the three series sedans - the chasis is E36/7. It is unbadged and the way to tell is the wider butt, no rollbars with a dual tail pipe exhaust (however mine is modified to a single large tailpipe). In 1999 the original 1.9l four banger went away in favor of the 2.3l six (badged as 2.5 for some odd reason), and the 2.8 stayed until the 2001 model year when it was replaced by the 3.0l.

----------------

On 3/12/2004 1:14:34 PM sfogg wrote:

Henry,

"1997 BMW Z3 2.6l green/tan/tan"

Umm... 2.6l????
;)

----------------

Yep - the darn thing just took up too much room under the hood, so I made it smaller - it is really a 2.56785 but who's measuring....see above for the correction to my keyboard struggles.

Henry,

"went away in favor of the 2.3l six (badged as 2.5 for some odd reason), "

Other way around... 2.5l engine badged as a 2.3l. Probably a marketing move to keep from hurting sales of the 2.8l. My wife has a E46 323i which actually has a 2.5l in it.

" - if Shawn's car is 'lightly' modded, then a 'lightly' efficient speaker would be 170db/2.8v/1m.."

ROFL....

Shawn

----------------

On 3/12/2004 1:30:02 PM markmaple wrote:

2004 Saab 9-3 Aero (wife's car)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder

1997 Oldsmobille Bravada
----------------

Ohhh, I like you too.

SMG or 5-speed?

I love MR2's - but can't really fit (I sat in one, but I was looking strait at the top of the windshield frame. The top was down.