Anybody want some new Heresy II's?

HDBRbuilder

I've seen a lot... but nothing like this.

HDBRbuilder,

I've benefitted from your posts (as others have mentioned). I rarely post and only found this board after acquiring my first two pairs of Cornwalls. To be able to 'catch-up' on the legacy and legend of Klipsch has been priceless to me.

You contributed mightily to that, thank you.

The speakers you hold are worth more than the retail/resale price because they were won in the contest... and after this, I suspect they are worth even more. Please keep them and allow me to contribute.

Dean, the Paypal payment has been sent to you, Thank you for your facilitation.

Good Luck

eargo

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 4/20/2004 7:30:27 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

When I finally get back on my feet, I will get square with all of you!! You have my WORD on that! Sometimes it takes me awhile to make good on my word, but it always eventually happens!

----------------

As PWK was fond of saying - "BULL$#!+!". You do not have to pay one red cent back to me. I don't know if you are a Freemason, but I am (Fredericksburg Lodge #4 A.F.A.M). One of the things I learned from being a member of that fine organization is to help a fellow creature, especially a brother in Masonry, that is in need and to contribute as liberally as I can without causing material harm to myself.

Dean - there should be $25 in that PayPal account from me. Send me an e-mail to verify that you got it!

Andy, I've met you in person at the Klipsch gathering last summer, and I very much enjoyed your company. You are a wonderful guy and all I can do to help out a friend in need. I don't know if you will be able to go or not this year, but I hope you can and I am looking forward to seeing you there.

I wish you luck and you have my prayers.

Andy, glad I can help. I just came off a terrible year and a half. health problems forced my early retirement and closure of my business. My wife and my income not only went way down but we had to come up with the mortage, utilities and insurance costs on a closed business as well as our increased medical costs and my lack of self control in things audio. I channeled my energy into the audio thing to keep a PMA.

Last week we closed on my garage property. The buyer gave me a down payment that will cover the mortgage, the back taxes, all the suppliers who have been very patient with me (I didn't want to go Chapter 7 and stiff them), most of the loans we took out to keep going and an extra little bit to help a friend while he is down.

Plus instead of having to come up with $2500/month to pay the expenses we will be having some income coming in from the mortgage we are holding for the buyer.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep plugging!

Rick

----------------

On 4/20/2004 8:09:46 PM paulparrot wrote:

Hey Andy,

We're not loaning you money, we're giving it to you. So you can just forget about paying it back.

----------------

Hey now don't speak for us all here. I want a set of those Oak Lascala cabinets for my $25
9.gif11.gif2.gif

----------------

On 4/20/2004 11:28:04 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 4/20/2004 8:09:46 PM paulparrot wrote:

Hey Andy,

We're not loaning you money, we're giving it to you. So you can just forget about paying it back.

----------------

Hey now don't speak for us all here. I want a set of those Oak Lascala cabinets for my $25
9.gif11.gif2.gif

----------------

Quite right Craig - and mine bought a 1.4% share in a pair of Heresies - I think. We must have murdered the total needed by now - any chance of a running total in the account to date Dean?

Actually forget that - the only person that needs to know the total is the recipient - somehow that is nicer....just confirm that we have exceeded the target.

Hey Andy!

Keep the chin up! Things will get better, ya gotta believe!

What with your talents and advice, you'll be on prosperity road in no time! What you do comes back to you!

Dean,

nice idea of yours! 30 bucks have been paypal'd to you.

Best Regards,

Steve

PS..all you contributing members, nice, nice going!

----------------

On 4/20/2004 11:11:07 AM DeanG wrote:

Here it is for all the world to see. No snipers or rapists please. I'm well armed.

----------------

That one had me roooling on the floor.9.gif

Andy, you are one highly respected guy on this forum. And that`s all this is. Not a loan. Not a hand out. Just a little respect.

And as for Dean.....you are one nice guy.

Andy:Please send me an e-mail to KJ5DQ@AOL.COM. I think you are here in Arkansas. I believe i read that somewhere in the forum once. If so maybe we can see about a Job in Little Rock. I cant promise anything but it will be worth a try. I will need a phone number to call you at so that we can talk for a few minutes.

I will send the money Wednesday before i go to work.

PWK would be so proud of each and everyone of you for the helping hand that you are extending to a friend in need. Bill

----------------

On 4/21/2004 4:35:27 AM kj5dq wrote:

Andy:Please send me an e-mail to KJ5DQ@AOL.COM. I think you are here in Arkansas. I believe i read that somewhere in the forum once. If so maybe we can see about a Job in Little Rock. I cant promise anything but it will be worth a try. I will need a phone number to call you at so that we can talk for a few minutes.

----------------

Bill, I think that's great. It's wonderful that we're helping out a buddy, but it would be truly UNBELIEVABLE if we could network both him and JT into gainful employment. I've known unemployment and despite the efforts to maintain a PMA, it's tough on the soul. People need the self-esteem that comes from honest, hard work.

Andy, JT ... Do you guys have resumes that you could post? If not, could you just post what your work history has been and what you consider your skills to be? Also, please confirm where you live and how far you might travel for work? (I'm in the process of considering a relo now about 500 miles from here)

I know for myself, when I hire somebody, I'm looking for skills, but more to the point, I'm looking for a great attitude. Unbelievably, a good attitude is the scarcest commodity in the labor force these days. I know you both have great attitudes, so you already have a leg up.

With all the folks on the forum, your next job is only one or two contacts away from one of us lurking here.

Seriously, I think we could help you guys out.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

What a difference a day makes on the old Klipsch forum. An unbelievable response and outpouring for Andy.

No need to thank me everyone, it just seemed like a good idea, and besides, I didn't pitch in all that much more than anyone else.

I just checked my paypal account, and Andy has $1042.01 sitting in there. This doesn't count my $50, and the checks that are coming. Pretty damn impressive for a day's work.

I think I'm going to move everything we have to checking today, and get a check to Andy asap. I can send Andy another cashier's check after all of the checks come in.

Hey Andy, we were happy to do it for ya. We should thank you for giving the form an opportunity to regroup, and remember what's truly important in life.

Woah, did I come in late on this one. Dean, please PM me and help me through a donation to a most worthy cause. HDBR has never been anything but helpful in the threads that I have read. We need more members like him. If he said they were cutting out his internet connection I would sponsor his bill.

Thanks to all. It is great to see the Forum members that really care.

HDRbuilder,

You're square with us. You have a very special pr of Heresy's, & I hope they get to come out of the box. This is a sweet deal all around.

Dean,

This is an election year, you seem to have a nack for raising funds, & you've published your email address.

SSH2.gif

Thanks yet again folks...this is amazing and rekindles my faith in things to come. I especially thank ole Deano for organizing this. It was totally unexpected and is appreciated!

For those of you interested in what I have done or can do, just PM me and I will make contact with you. It is hard to put everything I have done into a standard resume format, because I have done so MANY things in the past. I have to adjust the resume to fit the particular job I am aiming at. Between my college work, my civilian work experience, and my military experience, I have lots of different ways to address particular job openings...depending on the job, itself! So, if you want more info about me then give me a holler in PM/e-mail and I will get in contact with you ASAP.

I guess I should have taken up golf, but was never really interested in it. Also, I am somewhat of a "loner", therefore I have not let myself get into position to effectively network things by having scores of close aquaintances in various segments of industry and commerce. I will say one thing, though, anything I have ever done, I was able to do well. If it was new to me, then I learned it rapidly. I am EXTREMELY lucky in having those abilities to pick-up on things quickly then run with a project or assignment, successfully completing it every time.

Well...anyway...if any of you want to know more about me, then give me a holler...time to head out for job hunting with my new starter in my truck.

Some of you have received an email from me. It says:

Hi There,

You can paypal me at dgwescott@sbcglobal.net or make out a check to me and mail it.

Dean Wescott

933 East Stroop Road

Kettering, Ohio, 45429

Thanks!

Dean

If you got one of these, it's because I either wasn't 100% sure if you were going to use paypal or not, said you wanted to send a check and asked for who and where to send it, or I plain just couldn't match the email I got from paypal (you have cash) with a moniker/email address. I believe one person even said they were going to send a check, and then later used paypal. A few of you piggy backed on each other (one person paypal'd for two forum members). So, just a lot to keep track of.

This is the list of paypal contributers. If you paypal'd and don't see your name, tell me. I deleted the last name for privacy, and used initial only.

Greg D

steve and patty

Stephen W

David G

Steven K

vincent p

Geoffrey S

Bill B

Timothy L

Gregory R

James T

Cotugno G

David H

Mark D

Dale B

Gregg F

wolfram s

Chris R

Tom L

Douglas E

Michael W

Gary P

Larry C

Forrest H

Richard W

R Scott M

Tom M

Thomas B

William W

Steve S

Craig O

Henry W

Allan S

Lee S

Thomas B

Benjamin C

Max G

Guy L

Wabbit H:)

Carol M

The following are $325 in check and cash pledges. Please get them to me as soon as you can.

Patrick

v3pcbl

Champagne taste beer budget

Strabo

j-malotky

gullahisland

johnnydb

Parrot

klipschguy

kj5dq

tillmbill

Dean