• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 4/21/2004 6:52:31 AM Chris Robinson wrote:

"Bill, I think that's great. It's wonderful that we're helping out a buddy, but it would be truly UNBELIEVABLE if we could network both him and JT into gainful employment. I've known unemployment and despite the efforts to maintain a PMA, it's tough on the soul. People need the self-esteem that comes from honest, hard work.

Andy, JT ... Do you guys have resumes that you could post?..."

----------------

I already contacted Chris via e-mail, and for those who may be wondering I just wanted to let the rest of you know that I misworded the sentence in my previous thread concerning me continuing to struggle after being laid off from my last job of 17 years...I DO have a job now as a warehouse manager for Guitar Center here in Lakeland, and am not seeking employment at this time!

Chris made a very generous offer of help, and I publically want to thank him for wanting to help both Andy and myself out in seeking employment. Chris made an honest mistake of which was not his fault (due to my lack of proper grammer and sentence structure), and I just want to let anyone else who may have the same good intentions as Chris, know that I'm gainfully employed again and do not require the help that Andy so desperately needs at this time. Our attention should all be focused on Andy and his current situation, along with our prayers and donations!

Sorry for misleading you Chris; it was not my intent. But I really do appreciate your kindness and generosity during this difficult situation that so many Americans are going through now. And I also want to thank each and every person on this thread who responded to Dean's idea of a small donation to be collected in honor of a man who has given so much of himself for all of us here on these Klipsch Forums!

This is truely the best forum ever conceived for the internet, and its members the greatest people in the audio world! I'm so glad to be a small part of it...

Good luck in your quest, Andy!12.gif

Dean and Andy,

Sorry I took so long but work is killing me.

Dean, let me know if the $30 does not make it to you and I will trace.

Andy, I live in Florida in the building industry, if you ever get here I could help you out. Your talents could easily be used in the building industry. Cabinet installers make very good money, and most of them suck. If there is any houses being built in your area that could be an avenue for you. Florida is busting at the seams with new construction. Otherwise good luck my friend.

Just got back into town myself.

Andy sorry to read about your troubles and I hope everything works out for you.

Dean I will send you a check in the morning. Dean this is a truly great thing you did. I have sat here for the last 15 minutes reading all the posts and you people are just the best.

I swear as I was driving into work tonight "A Wonderful World" was playing on the radio and now this. With all the crap going on in the world, our little BB just made my day.

Danny

I'm sure Trey, our much-beloved moderator, has taken note of this thread; it is one of the signs that this Forum is alive and well, despite the inane trolls that sometimes lurk in dark corners.

When there is doubt about this group's veracity and benevolence, such an story as this one needs to be retold.

Yes, it sure makes one feel both good and proud that we take care of our own.

All-

I've been off-line for a few days thanks to basement construction and a sick baby, so this is a pretty cool thread to come across. I, too, have benefitted greatly from Andy's posts here and it was great to meet him at the Indy gathering last year. We got to share pizza and drinks before the Friday night hotel gathering. Great guy! So, I'm happy to add to the Heresy fund.

Dean, you should have a Paypal from me.

Andy-

As others above have said, no need for a payback. This is for all the knowledge you have given to the forum, and will continue to give. On a side note, many companies will offer a relocation package for their new hires, so maybe there is some hope there. With all your experience, maybe there is some sort of "big government contractor" that could benefit with your talents? Best wishes to you.

Rob

----------------

On 4/22/2004 11:04:00 AM edster00 wrote:

If I remember correctly, he did speak to them a year or two ago. I'll bet he could make a big dent in the backorders of Heritage speakers pretty quickly!

----------------

Ed, I think you're right. I exchanged a few emails with his yesterday/today, and he mentioned that he had some info together for Trey last year. Looks like nothing came of it, but I'll see if I can help him once I get his curriculum vitae.

I still think there are enough of us here to network him into a job. I thought the idea above about cabinet installer sounds like fun and good money too.

Here's an interesting thread ...

http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/forums/jobs.pl

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

In my extremely humble opinion, as a carpenter who has specialized in cabinet installs, and being about the same age (give or take) as Andy (probably experiencing similar aches, pains and degenerated discs) I think his incredible talents would best be used in the employ of Klipsch, as HISTORIAN. Of course, none of us know what ANDY wants to do, but with a guy like him, with the proven EXPERIENCE and EXPERIENCES, plus his proven writing skills and genuine helpful nature, Klipsch would indeed be foolish NOT to consider an offer. Maybe he could even moderate here on the side2.gif .

Good luck, Andy!!

P.S. Please accept my application as Andy's assistant, if this goes through...