What Was Your Best Score Ever!

thebes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1979 Klipsch Cornwalls...FREE (passed down from dear ol' dad).

1997 Sumiko Blue Point MC cartridge...FREE (bro worked at high-end audio retailer and got a good deal).

2001 AMC CD8b CD player...FREE (bro gave it to me when I was forced to sell everything).

1983 Nakamichi DRAGON cassette deck...bought new in '84 for $800 (MSRP approx. $1500).

2003 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1...bought new last year for $100.

"'68 KBWO Klipschorns, all original, cane grills almost perfect-$1600"

LOL

My efforts to get those babies ( to my ) home before I threw in the towel is a saga in itself but I am happy that they went to a loving home. Since I couldn't have them.... I am really happy that you have them !

May you enjoy them forever and may the last voice you hear be mine.

Not a huge score, but I got my Dual 1228 at a repair shop for $50. In mint condition, just fully serviced and balanced, a practically new (if fairly cheap) Ortofon cart, which was replaced as soon as I got home. Really a very nice turntable for $50.

Lynnm-

Yes, it was quite a saga, and I'm really pleased things worked out the way they did, especially since you were able to find a pair of your own. I'll certainly keep them as long as I'm around...maybe even pass them along to my 4-month old when she's ready, and I'm gone. 1.gif

my best score? I was 18, she was 32.... Oh yeah...10.gif

Oh how could I forget when I was in the navy too... Make a long story short, me and this gal are at one of those beach hut bars in Jamica, I'm like 21, she was some 28 or 29... After some drinking she just bold faced as me if I wanted to get it on... I'm a horny sailor, what kind of question is that? Right there on the beach in jamica at night.... Sooo cool... Hope my wife don't see this.

----------------

On 4/30/2004 6:05:15 PM boomac wrote:

Lets see, I was 15 and she was 36 or 37 I think!

Second best - $350 for a 1st generation Colt Single Action Army (six shooter). It was built in 1893.

----------------

Damn boom, you beat me.

Since one person told us about a gun, I'll tell you about my book. I bought a Kubasta pop-up book, Christopher Columbus's fleet of ships popped up rigging and all, for 25 cents. I would have rated it a 7 out 10 for condition. Sold it on eBay for $98.00 to a collector in Florida.

Grateful

My original Stereo:

84 La Scala's $1160 Brand New

Denon POA 150 power Amp $325 Brand New

dBx CX-3 Preamp $225 Brand New

dBx 14/10 $400 Brand New

Nakamichi CR-7 $850 Brand New

Denon DP 62L $325 Brand New

dBx SNR-1 $125 Brand New

These were all purchased from the Navy Exchange in Yokosuka Japan in the Mid 80's. I still have the La Scala's obviously, and the Cassette deck, and my brother has the Turntable and has failed to ship it to me (growl). I have had great deals on CD players and SVHS players and Laserdisc players but the list above are my best scores.

If only it were me.15.gif

Craig Johnson posted this up in 2channel:

"Rick:

See you have 1977 KHorns. Just this afternoon I was at the local Agway and I overheard a guy talking he just bought an old home and he said in the main living room were a pair of big old speakers and he was wondering if anyone wanted them.

The owner of the store said oh the junk man will take them. I couldn't help myself and introduced myself and asked if I could take them off of his hands. he said that would be great as they are huge.

I stopped by and lo and behold sitting proudly in either corner were a pair of 1979 KHorns.

I stopped at Lock Haven University got three college guys paid them $10 each and they helped me load them into a neighbors p/up and they are sitting in the basement storage room.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time. WOW!

I ran cable and hooked them up...they play OLE so sweet.

They are finished in rosewood and look fantastic. The guy who bought the house thanked me for taking them off of his hands. His parting remarks were: one less piece of junk to move out before i restore this house. LOL!

Best,

Craig

Heresy 2s...La Scalas and now 1979 KHorns! Simply Fantastic!

Broadcast Standard Equipment. Too numerous to mention!"

That's the best score ever. The SUPER BOWL WINNER!!!!

Rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig Johnson

Revisions : 0 / Posted: 4/30/2004 8:40:09 PM / IP: Recorded