Newbie saying "Hello".........

desron15

Hi everyboby, my name is Greg. I am located in California and have recently fell in love with the Klipsch sound. Not too long ago I purchased a mint pair of Cornwalls from "fini", and now I look back and wonder what took me so long to jump on this bandwagon. As a matter of fact I just sold a very rare pair of JBL XPL-200's so I can buy another set of cornwalls. If anyone is looking to sell a pair (preferably walnut oil) I would be interested. Even more so if they are on the left coast.

Moving forward, I would like to thank "fini" again for a beautiful pair of speakers, and turning me on to this very forum. I am sure that I will be recieving help much more than I can dish out myself, so please put up with me if you will.

Oh, and one last thing if I may, I would like to designate today (5-10-04) as being "Be Nice to the New Guy Day" from here forward. Thank you,

Greg (deron15)

Welcome Greg, to Heritage ownership, and to the Klipsch Forums. You'll love those Cornwalls as much as I still do with mine!

Today the forum members might be extra nice to the Newbie out of respect, but don't get used to it...

Just kiddin'!9.gif Have fun...2.gif

Thank you for the welcome. To answer your question about amplification, I am all SS at this point. I have a small collection of TOTL recivers from Marantz and Pioneer. As I write this the Cornwalls are plugged into my Pioneer SX-1980. As for the marantz recievers I have a 2500, 2325, 4400, and 2 4300's. I do have a seperates system that consists of 2 Onkyo amps, the M-508 and M-504, pre is the P-304, and a T-9090II tuner. This system is tied to an immaculte pair of Altec model 19's.

Believe it or not, at this point in my life I don't think that I have ever even heard a tube system. Not that I don't want to, I think I am afraid to. Thats all I need now, something else to spend my paychecks on besides the bills! lol 9.gif

It will happen, you can count on that. You will eventually trade up for new gear, or even go the tube route. You'll spend more and more money...you can't fight it. That's what this forum does to you. And we will be relentless in our attempts to persuade you to buy more, more, more!

It's our way...might as well accept your fate. It's already started with your purchase of your Cornwalls, and it will never let up. So you might as well sit back and enjoy the ride...it can only get better!4.gif

Hello and Welcome from one Newbe to another! This forum has a great bunch of guys from the responses I've gotten to my intro, and in reading past threads. Now is the time we sit quitely and listen to the masters teach their wisdom - fellow grasshopper.

I've heard a couple of tube amps and I regret it profoundly....

My SS gear sounds lifeless and steril now. Damm my ears!! Ignorance is Bliss.

Dave

Well call me lucky, I'm driving to Vegas tomarrow to pick up my new Corns. Now I have a set of 4, WHOO HOO!!

Again, thank you all for the warm welcome.

I can't wait to listen to my new speakers.

Where are you Fini? You said you'd be the first one to welcome me in.

DESRON15 ... as in Destroyer Squadron 15? Just a reach had to ask. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Corwall's all 4 of em. This forum is a great place, fantastic people, and more info here than you can shake a stick at. One word of caution E-bay is an untreatable addiction when it comes to Klipsch. Enjoys the Corn's and again welcome aboard.

Hey, Greg! You finally made it here...me too! Sorry to not be the first one to welcome you here: I did want the thread to gain a bit of momentum before I shut 'er down...2.gif

You must be on the road right now, but congrats on the second pair of Cornwalls. Let us know how close they come to the beauty of the pair I sold you...2.gif

Folks, Greg's a great guy, and was a pleasure to do business with. It'll be nice to have an injection of vintage solid state around here (you know, just to mix it up).

OK, Greg, now you have done it.....

Listen carefully here... This is a must! You need an Older Model Vertical Cornwall II not to be confused with the later Cornwall II's. Split a pair off of eBay with a fellow board member.

These are actually Vertical Cornwalls which you will put on the side so now horizontal again,,,(as far as the highs and mids) and use this as a Center Channel for your HT. Add a sub, and you have (IMO and many on this board) a KILLER 5.1 Klipsch Heritage system.

You will be amazed, happy, even giddy, that you have a better system than 95% of people who pay 10K dollars + for theirs from the local stereo store.

Greg, Welcome to Phi Slamma Jamma. I will teach you the "hand-shake" and Mr. Ellis will introduce the Altec 511b/902-16a top ends when the after-glow is gone. When you get the second pair, stack them tweeter to tweeter. (just for fun) Injoy the Cornwall "BOOT IN THE CHEST" for a bit. No need to look up Slam Factor in your audio dictionary because "you be slammin".

Congrats,

Terry