Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Very nice build Jason!

(I see that I might need to get my HT seats shipped from the US. Theese things are never much under $2500 in canada.)

Thank you!

I just got these seats last week, but I can't complain especially since they were only $1,145 USD shipped. The screen is AT, I just haven't mounted the shelf for the center channel behind the screen yet. I know people dog Klipsch subs and I know at retail price (which I didn't come close to paying), there is better, but these RW-12d subs really shake my room/house. I just received my Anti-Mode 8033 yesterday, so I am looking forward to seeing what it can do for my subs at my seating position.

Jason, your subs are better than 95% of what's out there. AT screen! Fancy! Too expensive for me... Wink

I was originally going to go the DIY route and bought the material for $200 (CenterStage XD). I later decided that I've got enough of the DIY left and ended up sending the material back to have them put rings in it for their frame. The total came up to $900+, but it saved me time and hassle. I've saved enough in the basement project (over $15k saved doing it myself). I don't think I'd ever not do an AT screen now.

Jason, your subs are better than 95% of what's out there. AT screen! Fancy! Too expensive for me... Wink

I was originally going to go the DIY route and bought the material for $200 (CenterStage XD). I later decided that I've got enough of the DIY left and ended up sending the material back to have them put rings in it for their frame. The total came up to $900+, but it saved me time and hassle. I've saved enough in the basement project (over $15k saved doing it myself). I don't think I'd ever not do an AT screen now.

I see. In my case, I will need to roll a screen down over a flat screen used for plain TV shows. AT is not recommended with glass behind it, and they get even more expensive when not fixed. I decided that having a 2.35:1 scrren above a La Scala will still work out. But thats a nice setup you have nevertheless!

irregardless, Two is always better than one.

I don't agree. If you're not careful with placement and phase you can have cancellation. I've seen 2 subs combined have less output than either of the individual subs. It takes time with an SPL meter to set 2 subs up correctly. Throwing 2 subs in a room and placing them where they look good is a crap shoot for results at best.

"Throwing 2 subs in a room and placing them where they look good is a crap shoot for results at best. " absolutely!

That is why Automatic Room Optimization was invented. It's cheats so you can have the set-up aesthetically and sonically.

Moreover, using room acoustics is key for sub placement. Read the JBL Papers, I was able to understand a whole lot more, and better than the dis-information on the interweb

It's my understanding that Automatic Room Optimization is used to currect the subs interaction with the room, not another sub. In addition, there's not much that ARO can do with a sub if you've placed it so that you're sitting in a null. They work well with taming peaks however similar to a PEQ. We totally agree about using room acoustics being key for sub placement.[Y]

It's my understanding that Automatic Room Optimization is used to currect the subs interaction with the room, not another sub. In addition, there's not much that ARO can do with a sub if you've placed it so that you're sitting in a null. They work well with taming peaks however similar to a PEQ. We totally agree about using room acoustics being key for sub placement.Yes

Yes, we do! Now, in my setup, the subwoofers are wired in Master/Slave mode, One controls both, and ARO is applied as a system. In turn, it attempts to corrects the sound to the room. Read JL Audio User's Manual, found on there website, for more information regarding placement and the use of ARO. it's better than me regurgitating the info, with the chance of mis-speaking.

Bill

I did indeed read the manual, thanks. It's interesting that you only get a 0 or 180 phase adjustment switch, I would have thought that at that price point you'd have an adjustable phase control. It's not a dig, just an observation, the JL's are VERY nice subs. The owners manual confirmed a few things I thought. The ARO is a PEQ that handles peaks only. I also noticed that the 3'rd step of setup (before ARO is run) is placement experimentation. They don't really give you a guide as to where to place the sub(s) but emphasize (and rightly so) that placement is critical for optimum performance. Again, if you're sitting in a null, ARO cannot help you. I was very impressed with the master slave arrangement and the software that must be needed to run both subs together. I'm sure it prevents any possibility of cancellation. I'll bet they sound great.

Carl

First, they deliver the "goods", The reviews, the commentaries, and the user feedback are all true.

Now, They are designed for some one like me, fairly technical, doesn't have the time to DIY, and purchases for performance.

Their set-up is easy, and their quality are matched by only the best. The IB set-ups I have experienced are high performance. 99% of Listeners do not need that level of performance, but those who do it, love it and understand everything about it.

Purchase of these JL Audios are a full measure of devotion to recorded music and movie low frequency playback.

Thought I'd update my latest changes to my HT. Side and Rear surrounds are the same. Khorns are gone and been replaced with the DBB's. The DBBs and center La Scala are actively crossed in two way setup with P. Audio 2" driver (K69).

post-10337-1381960089249_thumb.jpg

post-10337-1381961943356_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic